Reviews for Two Dreams Forgotten And One Nightmare Remembered
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I'm literally speechless. You've managed to convey so much through so little words; you've captured the very essence of Toby brilliantly. I can't pick out one fault with this. It's so very haunting and beautiful. There are so many great lines; I love the way the second to last paragraph is just one continuation; you get Toby's disorientation across so well with it. And the last line just gave me chills. Superb.

Honestly, none of my words could ever fully explain why I love this so much, so I'll just reiterate that I do so very much. :)
Defying.Expectations chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Aww. I'm not a big fan of Toby, but this is definitely an excellent story. Really gets into his head. He's just a little boy who wants love, really.

One minor thing: I'm not positive about this, being American, but I believe that "mum" in the U.K. means "ma'am" or "madam". I don't think he's referring to Lovett as his mother when he says that to her, I think it's just what they said back in old-fashioned London - Anthony calls her "mum" too. Again, I can't really be sure, but that's my two cents. Anyway, apart from that, the fic was great, nice work.
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
This is absolutely lovely - just what I wanted to read on this site. Great job! :-)
x Lost Hero x chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
oh. my. god. so creepy. but it capture Toby brilliantly. i loved it. write more.
smashing chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Poor Toby :(

A very insightful oneshot, and so sad. This line especially got to me: "She was as monstrous as Mr Todd but she’d taken him to the park and given him new clothes and kissed his forehead before he slept." You really captured the central paradox of Mrs. Lovett. You're an excellent writer.
niki-chan2 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
This was wonderfully written, a great insight into Toby. The last part was so haunting.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
oh, absolutely wonderful! encore!