Reviews for Come And Drink
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This is a really good fic. I like it.
HotaruSama00 chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I hadn't thought of that connection before, but you're right. It is incredibly similar. Just like Lewis intended, no doubt.
Ariyah chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
I see I'm not the only one who thought of writing something on this same theme. :-)

Well done and thanks for the reminder of the Only Stream!

Ariel_of_Narnia
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
What a wonderful way to see the light. And so perfect for Jill, too!
Florence Raregold chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
This is REALLY great, and it has REALLY encuraged me. Thanks!
bookwurm23 chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Beautiful! I loved it. I can see something happening quite like that. I was actually thinking about doing something similar with Susan- I reckon that, though her siblings figure it out, she never really had the incentive to after P.C.

I really like it! Great job. Keep writing, you have talent. :)

-bookwurm23
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
This is really great Wrosie! It fits so well.
Deannalyn chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Amazing. Indeed it should be cannon. I've always been a person that loves it when, in the CoN, people come to know 'Aslan' in our world. Indeed, she did 'come and drink'. Absolutely glorious! Great job.
Anon688946651823 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
You said in your author's note that you were looking at the New King James Version. I have no idea if that's historically accurate for the Church of England in the 1940s or not, but here's a website with lots of translations of the Bible in lots of languages:

/passage/
Wulfclan chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
I love this story! Thanks for letting me use it in my own, White Rose. You're so nice. *huggles*
Bat'Arieh chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
What a wonderful connection you have made, White Rose! Or, better yet, what a wonderful way to color in the picture between Jill meeting her Lord in The Silver Chair and then again in our world. Thank you for pulling out your literary colors and painting this lovely picture for us!

It is so true! There is no other stream. Come and drink!
The Halfling of the Shire chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Oh... my... gosh. That was STUNNING. You are an amzing author! To some of my friends (including King Caspian the Seafarer) I am known as Jill Pole, and so this really went to the heart. I am a Christian and you captivated the journey of searching to find the father. This is exactly how I imagine Jill Pole. Well written, worded, eloquently spoken, and I am very impressed with this. You portrayed Jill as a person eagerly seeking and truly finding a way. It ended well, and it almost deserves a sequel or second chapter, maybe her telling Eustace or Lucy or someone and then portray how excited she was to have a born-again faith. 1 thru 10...that was an 11!
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Great story!

I always knew that someday they would find Aslan in their own world.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
This was wonderful. Short yet powerful. I never thought of how Jill wanting a drink from the stream mirrored that passage from John.

Her friend then heard Jill breathe, in barely a whisper, two equally beautiful names, “Aslan… Jesus,” and saw a peaceful smile slide onto her face. Jill had come, and she drank.

*sniff* Beautiful. *adds to favs*
Queenchristythenoble chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Oh wow, I never thought of the verse and jill's experence like that. Very well done. write more ROCKS. God bless, Christy