Reviews for Letters to Erik
Ajay khurana chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
Good i like it!
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 4 . 11/18/2015
I like this Clev and consider it a very good example of what we were talking about on the forum.
Young brides do find the adjustment married life very difficult at times and it can be very disillusioning to have a husband revealling expectations which she did not know about before their marriage (or, for that matter, wives doing the same sort of thing to their poor confused husbands!).
One of the things which makes a marriage difficult is having had more than one very intimate frienship with a person of the opposite sex. Of course there is going to be a comparison, which will often if not always result in feelings of dissatisfaction with the one who the person actually marries. This happened to me after having a crush on a very godly young man for 8 years before my marriage to someone very different. It has taken a long time to become completely contented and happy with the man God chose for me, and there were some very miserable and depressing experieinces along the way.
I feel for Christine, and others like her, but I know that with God's help, meeting OUR needs so we can meet our husband's needs, we can have a very contented and delightful marriage eventually. This is my experience.
I hope your husband is improving in his health and that your writing career is as satisfying to you as it is lucrative enough to provide for your family. I have heard that it can be a rather erratic income until you manage to get a following...
Lots of love and thanks for recommeding this story.
Eva
Dino-Rogue chapter 4 . 12/20/2013
I will soooo grab myself a copy of the book now! For indeed, life may change, the world may continue to twist and turn, but the Phantom will forever the only one, Christine, irreplaceable as ever.
4195832325 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I LOVE this book! It was an absolute pleasure to read, I couldn't put it down!
Thank you for sharing this with the fandom!
GhibliGirl91 chapter 4 . 1/14/2013
Oh Bogdamnit! I want to read the rest now but I don't have $20 to spare. I hate being a student. Bloody bills.
Laughing-Legend chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
i want to read this book!
Omobolasire chapter 4 . 9/21/2012
I have never reviewed on here since I discovered this site years ago (altho I know I should have). However I bought your book "Letters to Erik" last month and could not put it down until I was done.

I'm so glad to be able to tell an author personally ( ...as you can get on the internet) how much I enjoyed your book and what a great job you did. It is hard to find well written fanfiction that doesn't seem like it's written by mary-sue teenagers (which lots of them are I know)

I hope you publish more :) (a Labyrinth story would be awesome ;) )and I am pleased to have stumbled onto your profile on here while looking for Labyrinth fanfiction. I got excited when I discovered you were the author of Letters to Erik!

Thanks for the wonderful story !
KissofJudas chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I was bought the book for Christmas a few years back, being a massive fan of PotO, and thought instantly of this site and all the fanfiction I'd placed on it as well. "This reads like a really excellent fanfic," I thought. I was pleased that someone had taken the time to write something truly in-depth and true to the characters.

...It is only now that I find that here we both sit, and that it began life here.

This is excellent, and one of my all-time favorite PotO works. Thank you so much for publishing it - I may never have found it otherwise. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love the story. :)
phanaticlalala chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
i haven't read the book yet, but am dying to. i read the letters here and im freaking out! i HAVE to have it! i'll write a review when i read it!
The Eclectic Eccentric chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I bought my copy of "Letters To Erik" over a year ago, and I just adore it.

It has even earned a place on my bookshelf beside "The Phantom of the Opera" and Susan Kay's "Phantom".
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Would you find it offending if I said I found your book wonderful? I know most of the other reviews give something of the same effect...I just wanted to say I enoyed your book very much...and thank you for publishing it.
Serpina Silver Tongue chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Hello Clever Lass. I just wanted to leave you a review and let you know that I finally got my copy of “Letters to Erik” as a belated birthday present. As with the original version posted here on , I couldn’t put it down. I’ve just finished it today after four days of reading (very fast for someone who reads as slowly as I do).

Fantastic job! This story is one that I consider a good transition to Leroux for those of us who started out as musical fans. I say this, because after 5 years the characters have changed very much from how Leroux presented them. Erik has been under Kaveh’s patient therapy, living away from Paris and is no longer mentally unstable. Also he has put on weight and looks much better, although his face is unchanged. And Christine has grown into a woman with pain and loneliness of her own. Raoul, however, is still mostly the same, a boy who longs for adventure and doesn’t know what to do when he’s not saving the day. I was saddened by his coldness toward Christine, but knew it was necessary to the plot. Since I’ve read this story, I have read several that I consider more true to Leroux, but I realize that the characters have had 5 years to change in this story.

I love the new addition of the epilogue as well as your insertion of several bits from various operas. Both of those added so much to an already wonderful story. I wasn’t fond of the prostitute story, but it fit in well, and I was happy to hear that Erik had still not “had” a woman. My only complaint would be a few sections that seemed as thought they should have been dialogue, but were explained in third person (like when Erik told Christine about his past). However, I realize that this was probably done to keep the book from being longer.

Overall, great story. It’s been fun seeing it go from here on to being a published novel. I’m encouraged to work on writing some publishable fan fiction myself now. You have fulfilled on of my foremost dreams!
LePhantomessa chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
Wow. This is really good. And you were the one who wrote 'Letters to Erik', the novel? That's on my Amazon wish list on highest priority! Oh, if these chapters are part of the book, then I know that I will surely be in for a treat when I finally read it. And congratulations are in order, I believe; not many people get their fanfiction published into a book that many people get high-praising reviews for from people who do not even know of what fanfiction is! You are very lucky indeed.

I leave you with a thousand Erik muses for good luck and further inspiration.

Yours anticipatedly (if that is even a word of course),

-LMdP-