Reviews for Unexpected
Nina chapter 27 . 7/18
Hey there,

I very like your story, it is exciting, cute and funny. I would very appreciate to read how the story goes on.

Best wishes
Nina
LongTimeWaiting chapter 1 . 7/4
6 years ago I first discovered this piece of writing and I absolutely loved it. It was incomplete and I didn't and still don't usually read incomplete pieces but the summary sounded so interesting and different that I gave it a shot. I loved it. At the time there was not such a big gap between publishing and updating dates but when the chapters stopped coming I didn't give up on it. First I looked for more similar to this one but none were up to scratch then I re-read it and read it again. Now it is 2015 and I still haven't given up I check back every couple of months hoping for a new chapter and that you have rediscovered a love for this piece. I suspect your life has taken to newer interesting places and to finish this would be like stepping back in time. I believe in always looking to the future so can understand if coming back to this would seem weird. Maybe in a few years you will come back and read these reviews and I hope they make you happy. If you did choose to re start this then I am sure there would be a fair few people out there who would be thrilled however life changes and so do people. I hope your training. Is now complete and you have a wee apothecary on a street corner somewhere. Maybe one day if I am in Canada I will go into a chemist and just say unexpected to the pharmacist and then smile when the poor person has no idea what I am talking about. Hahaha anyway this has turned into an essay. Still waiting
lonepixie chapter 27 . 2/22
But who was watching them?
Guest chapter 3 . 9/26/2014
..."...?.good story
Blast chapter 27 . 9/26/2014
Update
Kaya70 chapter 27 . 9/26/2014
Love it plz update soon
CJmusic1996 chapter 6 . 8/15/2014
"Etiam" means "even" in Latin, while "Sic" (pronounced 'seek') is "yes". Also "Familia mea servire concurris?" is "Do you agree to serve my family?" There are different forms of words and they don't even have to be in a specific order in the sentence. Sorry, I'm a real snob about Latin after taking to years of it in school. Other than the mistranslation the story is going great!
Darlarose17 chapter 27 . 7/28/2014
please, please, please, update! or write a sequel! please, I want to read more about Harry & baby James & I wanna find out who was watching them, please don't let it be anyone from the stupid Ministry or any wannabe Death Eaters...
Guest chapter 27 . 7/14/2014
i love the story so up date soon
Phoniex Fire Pixie chapter 27 . 5/12/2014
I just found this story and I love it I hope to get to read more of it soon.
Joy chapter 27 . 1/26/2014
Its 2014 I have to say I wish ur muse didn't desert u an u managed to pass all ur exams hope in the future u manage to finish it as ur story is a long standing favourite of mine
Guest chapter 27 . 1/15/2014
please let it be Ginny so Ginny can become James's step-mum James needs a mummy
Guest chapter 27 . 1/14/2014
You should update.
Teufel1987 chapter 24 . 11/27/2013
Quote:"I looked it up after I read Slytherin's diary. Some of the transition of then to now did not make any sense without having a proper History of Magic to fill in the gaps. This is the kind of stuff we should actually be learning instead of the goblin wars that Binns droned on about. The problem is that the Ministry decides the curriculum and they want us to be mindless sheep instead of free thinkers.":End Quote

Impassioned speech there.

Except …

Binns does teach more than just goblin wars. There is evidence of that. Harry had to write a summer essay for third year on witch burnings for History. That's clearly nothing to do with goblin wars.
Then one of the questions he answered in his OWLs had to do with a Warlock's convention. Again, nothing to do with goblins.
Teufel1987 chapter 21 . 11/27/2013
Quote:"Mate, its times like this that it's obvious that you were muggle-raised. You just don't ask people that. It's like asking what kind of underwear you prefer.":End Quote

1. I think of the number of times that Ollivander happily announces to the whole world what the wood and core of a person's wand is. He does that in PS, when he gives Harry his wand, and in GF and DH when he's inspecting the champions' wands and speaking to anyone really respectively. Furthermore, in PS he speaks of Hagrid's wand as well as James', Lily's, and Voldemort's wands.
Now if asking someone about their wands was like asking them about underwear, wouldn't Ollivander have taken every one of his customers to a private antechamber? Also, you'd think he would not talk about the wands of his previous customers in front of his current patrons. After all, you don't speak about what underwear your friend wears in the presence of his son/daughter.

2. Ron happily tells Harry and Hermione in third year about his wand. He mentions wood type and core. Doesn't seem embarrassed about it then. Why now?

3. Fleur doesn't mind letting the world know that her wand core has the hair of a Veela. She says it herself! You'd think she wouldn't have done that if it was such a sensitive topic.

4. None of the four champions had a problem when Ollivander announced the compositions of their wands in the presence of the headmasters of three schools, two members of the ministry, and two members of the press. Out of those four champions, the only one muggle raised was Harry. You'd think either they, or Ollivander, or one of the headmasters would have raised an objection to making such announcements.

5. Neville readily tells Harry and Luna about the composition of his new wand in sixth year without them even asking. Why would he do that if it was such a touchy subject?