|Reviews for Unexpected|
| Joy chapter 27 . 1/26
Its 2014 I have to say I wish ur muse didn't desert u an u managed to pass all ur exams hope in the future u manage to finish it as ur story is a long standing favourite of mine
| Guest chapter 27 . 1/15
please let it be Ginny so Ginny can become James's step-mum James needs a mummy
| Guest chapter 27 . 1/14
You should update.
| Teufel1987 chapter 24 . 11/27/2013
Quote:"I looked it up after I read Slytherin's diary. Some of the transition of then to now did not make any sense without having a proper History of Magic to fill in the gaps. This is the kind of stuff we should actually be learning instead of the goblin wars that Binns droned on about. The problem is that the Ministry decides the curriculum and they want us to be mindless sheep instead of free thinkers.":End Quote
Impassioned speech there.
Binns does teach more than just goblin wars. There is evidence of that. Harry had to write a summer essay for third year on witch burnings for History. That's clearly nothing to do with goblin wars.
Then one of the questions he answered in his OWLs had to do with a Warlock's convention. Again, nothing to do with goblins.
| Teufel1987 chapter 21 . 11/27/2013
Quote:"Mate, its times like this that it's obvious that you were muggle-raised. You just don't ask people that. It's like asking what kind of underwear you prefer.":End Quote
1. I think of the number of times that Ollivander happily announces to the whole world what the wood and core of a person's wand is. He does that in PS, when he gives Harry his wand, and in GF and DH when he's inspecting the champions' wands and speaking to anyone really respectively. Furthermore, in PS he speaks of Hagrid's wand as well as James', Lily's, and Voldemort's wands.
Now if asking someone about their wands was like asking them about underwear, wouldn't Ollivander have taken every one of his customers to a private antechamber? Also, you'd think he would not talk about the wands of his previous customers in front of his current patrons. After all, you don't speak about what underwear your friend wears in the presence of his son/daughter.
2. Ron happily tells Harry and Hermione in third year about his wand. He mentions wood type and core. Doesn't seem embarrassed about it then. Why now?
3. Fleur doesn't mind letting the world know that her wand core has the hair of a Veela. She says it herself! You'd think she wouldn't have done that if it was such a sensitive topic.
4. None of the four champions had a problem when Ollivander announced the compositions of their wands in the presence of the headmasters of three schools, two members of the ministry, and two members of the press. Out of those four champions, the only one muggle raised was Harry. You'd think either they, or Ollivander, or one of the headmasters would have raised an objection to making such announcements.
5. Neville readily tells Harry and Luna about the composition of his new wand in sixth year without them even asking. Why would he do that if it was such a touchy subject?
| Teufel1987 chapter 17 . 11/27/2013
Quote:"Well, anyway, I had a power block. I did a ritual to remove it and then had to relearn every spell I know. This is great because no one expects me to be anything above normal, when I now have ten times the power I did last year.":End Quote
That's a great plan! Except that the general student population of Hogwarts knows the following
1. That, as a first year, he battled Quirrell, the defence against the dark arts teacher and a full grown wizard for the Philosopher's Stone and won
2. That he killed a THOUSAND YEAR OLD basilisk with not only any old sword but THE SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR! At the age of twelve
3. That he conjured a corporeal Patronus which repelled over a hundred dementors at the age of thirteen. Something most adults cannot do
4. That he became the Triwizard Tournament Champion at age 14, AND battled Voldemort.
5. That he battled Death Eaters and Voldemort AGAIN at the age of fifteen
Yeah, at this point, I'd say everyone knows or suspects that he is pretty powerful. There's nothing average about those things there. Especially after that Patronus bit in his third year
| Guest chapter 27 . 11/17/2013
I wonder who's at the window? Update soon
| Snidget4 chapter 27 . 11/12/2013
A lovely story, and I hope you find the inspiration to continue. Someone on a mailing list I belong to was looking for it, that is how I found it.
| jil chapter 27 . 10/24/2013
Please update soon. Awsome fic.
| Silver Dragon Master chapter 27 . 9/25/2013
You should update
| Guest chapter 27 . 7/21/2013
hi your story was really goo can you please continue it for me thanks
| Gracealma chapter 27 . 5/28/2013
I like your story. I'm trying to think who is looking out the third story window? Love all the things that both Harry and baby James can do. I also like all the talents that the D.A. has. I hope that you can update this story.
| Guest chapter 27 . 4/14/2013
this is gd more please
| Potterformers chapter 12 . 4/8/2013
Potter Manor, once he has ownership of it and has a way of traveling there.
| Potterformers chapter 27 . 4/7/2013