Reviews for The Afterthoughts
10101010101 chapter 3 . 2/22/2008
Your writing is very poignant. It has a sort of...alluring and captivating feel to it, if you know what I mean. I really like it. You're one of the best writers I've ever come across-which makes sense I suppose, you being the founder of RL and all that. I'll most definitely read more of your work when I have time.

Wonderful job. :)

mackgirl chapter 3 . 2/21/2008
I have to admit, I do not like George/Angelina, but I'm not going to let that stand in the way of reviewing the chapter. You did a great job on the chapter (Even if I didn't like the pairing) and I loved when George brought Angelina home the first time and Ron went up to her pretending not to know her. That had me laughing.

I would love to see how Hannah/Neville got together and think you should that one next.
mackgirl chapter 2 . 2/21/2008
I love how Draco told Pansy you've got to be kidding me and then had Lucius say the same thing. I love how you have writen Astoria great job.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I liked it, great job.
random smilie chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
you know what, this is really nice

it's good to hear from the couples who are sometimes omitted coz people don't like the sound of them.

where'd alicia go, perhaps?
KaryInTheSky chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
Oh dear, here I am again. I started reading and I couldn’t stop. Anyway, what you did with Angelina was wonderful. She is a very strong character and you portrayed that perfectly. I’m one of the few people that accepted the George/Angelina ship and this fits wonderfully with my view of them. I don’t think Angelina and Fred were a big deal. I think they dated for a while in fourth year and that was about it.

The ending was my favorite bit: “The one thing Angelina knew was that she refused to apologise, and that George refused to apologise. After all, who did they think they were?” The last question, specially, is perfect.
KaryInTheSky chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
This was very expressive and profound. Astoria was, indeed, almost invisible in the epilogue. I love what you got out of that first impression. You gave her a meaningful personality. Great chapter
KaryInTheSky chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
This is wonderful! I love her first appearance in the Burrow. “Audrey who?” that's a common question these days and I can picture Mrs. Weasley or Charlie or Author asking it at the same time. I love how she approaches Percy, she knows her place in his life, that's my image of Audrey too. And you are right! We agreed on her characterization without knowing it. Both fics could work together. Anyway, great chapter, I really liked it!
themoormaiden chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
Wow... These were all very well written. I think you characterized both Audrey and Astoria well even though J.K Rowling did not say what they were like. Angelina was written perfectly; as was her relationship with George.

Fred and George are different people, and I think you expressed that very well through your story. -

As for writing more, please do so. I'd very much like to see your interpretations of both the Hannah/Neville and Luna/Rolf ships.

Keep up the good work!
Bad Mum chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
Love this! i like the line "We're all we need".
Bad Mum chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
I like this. You've even made met think it might work! I really like the bit about George introducing her to his family, and ron;s reply!
fancy-a-biscuit chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
I think you should definetely do HannahxNeville, and maybe LunaxRolf, although, I don't really know how you could write LunaxRolf, it could work... I dunno.

Anyway, loved this chapter. And it'ds true - you can't choose who you fall for.

-Becky x
Avindara Nirvene chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
Oh that was lovely ;) *speechless*

respitechristopher chapter 2 . 2/18/2008
"Draco called her beautiful anyway, and she was beautiful because he loved her."

That's one of the sweetest lines I've ever heard associated with Draco Malfoy - more so because I can actually imagine him saying it. Just lovely!
respitechristopher chapter 3 . 2/18/2008
Best answer I've seen to this question, bar none. I'd thought it a shared-grief thing myself (actually, I thought perhaps Jo forgot who she sent to the Yule Ball with whom), and you've kind of made me feel silly about that. Wonderful, wonderful piece.
267 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »