Reviews for Avatar: The Last Rock Band
Shining Nova chapter 2 . 3/6/2008
Second review here.

I'm loving this story by the minute.

Once again, technical errors are nonexistent; spelling and grammar are in order.

Two things. One... avatar parallelism struck me as unusual.

I'll quote the conversation about the avatar...

/“Oh.” Katara turned off the television as the singing animals reached a high-pitched crescendo. “Aang, have you ever heard of the Avatar?” Aang’s eyebrows shot up at the word Avatar, but he shook his head no. “Well, he or she is supposedly a great performer who is reincarnated in a cycle as a different type of musician: a singer, then pianist, then drummer, then guitarist, then another singer and so on. An Avatar must master each part of the band to become the greatest performer of their time. But a lot of Avatars never make it big due to bad marketing, so lots of people think that the Avatar is a myth.”

“But not you?”

“Not me. The Avatar is the only person left that can bring together all of the elements of a good song, unlike the garbage we have on the airwaves today.” Aang looked confused at her last comment./

I found it odd that you followed the same theme in the show. I had expected you to turn the Avatar into the greatest rock band that comprised all of the elements to make musical hits or something. Don't get me wrong, I like what you've done with this story. And using from what I know from the show, I'm sure it'll shape up to be lovely. I had my doubts, but I think that your method will work out just fine.

Other than that, I love your parallelism with Ozai and Zuko. Brilliant. ;)

And the other thing... don't let the plot carry the entire story on its back. Don't be shy about giving the stars proper characterization. You did good with Katara, but don't leave out Aang, Sokka, Zuko, and the other main characters. Yes, this is a humor fic, but characterization is important no matter what genre.

I'm digging this story, babe. Keep up the great work!

-Nova.
Shining Nova chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Wow.

I must say, this is a decent Avatar AU- the best I've seen in a while. At first, I was waiting to see where it lead to, but the end wrapped it up together. Kudos for creating a believable AU.

Another thing that I thought was brilliant... the fact that you linked the canon death of Katara's story and inverted it to fit a real life situation. And- this was especially brilliant- Aang's car substituting as Appa. You're racking up on the kudos.

Characterization... Katara is human to me, so you did good in that respect. You made her a real person with an obstacle- her mother's death, with real life problems that weren't too emo to believe. As for the rest of the characters... I suppose that they'll be more defined in later chapters.

Flow of the story is decent, I think you're moving in a nice pace so far. As hard as I looked, no major grammatical and spelling errors.

Nice work. Hope the second chapter is even better.

-Nova.
Snarky - I like it chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
lol, best way to start a chapter ever, "Sokka was not pleased."

Bad marketing, seriously? They have got to be the worst marketers of their age!

"But we can stop it." This is so hilariously theatrical!

Aw, Sokka, you don't need to work out more, I love you how you are!

“Shut up, Katara. I’ve used up my nice for today.”

Yay! Sokka can navigate!

AANG SLASHED HIS TIRES! omg Badass!Aang !

Yay, adventure!
hurricane1714 chapter 2 . 2/10/2008
whoot! Guitar hero battles! I suck at that game but who cares! can Elvis be the Avatar before Aang just thought it might be funny. I like how you redid the Avatar cycle. Ild like to see Iroh giving Zuko guitar lessons at some point.

May your skates be sharp~

the-american-hockey-girl
1gokataang chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I really like it so far! It looks really promising so far,but then again it's only the first chapter! So continue or I shall feed u to Appa, the flying bison not the car, speaking of which is really funny that Aang named his car Appa.
Snarky - I like it chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
first of all, dramatic inspirational music!

Sokka put his hands self-consciously up to his hair. “It’s not a faux-hawk! It’s a wolf’s tail, traditionally worn by ancient warriors!” ANCIENT WARRIORS! OMG That's so hilarious! ILOVEYOUSOKKA!

I like how the beginning of the story is a smooth transition from what would be normal avatar 'verse to clearly not at all Avatar 'verse.

I have absolutely no idea what a blue Geo tracker looks like . . . except that it's blue

Oh god, belt buckles, thank god he doesn't have a belt buckle

The song Aang sings sounds more . . . mature than Aang would sing, though I guess he's older now :)

ARROWS! APPA!

Mexico B'Gosh? *shakes head* lol

ZUKO!
FourNations93 chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Katara drunk? lol. A good beginning. I can't wait to see where you go with this!
Magnumus chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Pretty good :)
hurricane1714 chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
you are on a roll girl! This story seems very promising. It is to early to tell if this will be hit but I think it will. Does Sokka hook up with Yue or Toph? (I looked at your profile) please update soon