Reviews for They Came From Near and Far
Vividus chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Righto, I know it's been, what, a year since this was update? Well, too bad. :D

So A. Anoushka is a nickname for Anna, I believe. Er, I know. XD So I was curious, is Anoushka her name or just a nickname that she prefers over her own?

B. Alkaev. That's her last name, yus? Well, because she's female, it's Alkaeva. I think it's more commonly spelled Alkayeva, though. Not sure.

So yeah, overall, good. And if you still go on and write and whatnot, do update soon. XD
Vividus chapter 3 . 9/14/2008
"For those of you who might be frightened by Shakespeare or young men, get off the stage. If either change your previous desire to stay out of the play, come up."

What lovely humor! :) I loved that line. You've done a fine job.
SIMBA chapter 8 . 8/28/2008
I think that your story is absolutely AMAZING! A few typos here and there, but otherwise very good. I had assumed that Meriwether would marry Aaron, Ana would marry the prince, and Ing would eventually learn to like Thur (whatever his name is, I'm horrible with names). I thought at the beginning you would pair Georgie with Professor Dolohv (right?), but then you put a twist in the story with this new guy (Henry?). I'd need to know more about him to make a decent judgment. You do a really good job on those letters because I don't like the people who send them. I don't believe you ever mentioned why no one would marry Georgie, aside from the fact that she wasn't rich. Is that it? I'm sorry this is a long review, and this is all conjecture. If you have any questions (for me or any other things you would like me to expand), let InChrist Bilios know. She knows me. Thank you for your amazing talent and please keep writing!
Lee chapter 8 . 8/11/2008
I truly have enjoyed reading your story. I think it has clever characters and an interesting plot. Please when are able to overcome your writers block update for I would love to see what happens next.

Lee
vanderspektacular chapter 8 . 6/28/2008
I read Simply Wynne, Ever Sophia and loved it so I decided to give this one a try. Bravo, you are very good! I can't understand why everyone hasn't jumped all over this fic, it is super. It's like the fun boarding school part of A Great and Terrible Beauty plus hot guys and minus the weird magic stuff that I never really understood because I wouldn't take the time to read closely enough, haha. And I really love the international aspect, you do very well with it (although keep in mind that in Russian, women's last names end in "a," e.g. Alkaeva). So keep plowing through! I'm a little busy to offer any suggestions right now but I'll think about it.

-vds
FaylinnNorse chapter 7 . 6/21/2008
Ah, Thorsten is honest at last! I always thought he wasn't a complete dolt as his letters would make it seem. I'm glad he has finally shown his true colours. And Ing is going to...not be honest with him and write lovey-dovey letters back? Haha, that shall be interesting. And poor Georgiana! Again! She is having such difficulties with her family. And now she's engaged to some fellow she's never met. How...awkward. But at least he helped convince her father to let her stay in school, that's a good thing. And I liked Professor Daskalov coming and trying to convince him, too. I like Professor Daskalov. And he's friends with her fiance! That also seems...awkward. Ha, but it seemed to help things a bit. I am enjoying the quicker updates now! Please, do it again! :D
Lightzing chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
Go Mr. Foster! That was absolutely heart rendering! Georgiana must stay! I don't care how loud or angry her father gets. Georgiana must stay! (P.s- he should soften up a little.)

So, Thorsten finally admits his love-lack? Interesting... interesting... update soon!

Lightzing chapter 6 . 6/19/2008
I loved this chapter!

The boys are so compassionate! Except for Thorsten.

The girls are such wonderful characters. I almost wish, I was a member of the Sisterhood of the Burning Committee!

p.s- update soon!
Lightzing chapter 5 . 6/19/2008
Oh, poor Georgiana! I don't like her relatives. If it was me, I would have wrote back, saying, "I know that you think this is bad for me, but this is my dream. So, nothing you say, is going to stop me! Not even if you come and try to retrieve me!"

Aw! Aaron and Merriwether! So cute together!

Lightzing chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Those boys are awesome! Wish I knew anybody like that...

But, isn't the Russian boy supposed to be, arrogant?

I agree with you completely. I like reviews too!

Lightzing chapter 3 . 6/19/2008
I think I'm slightly jealous of Georgiana...

Oh! I wish I was that good at any type of math. I also wish, I did not have stage fright.

Sisterhood of the Burning Committee... LOVE IT! It is such a good name for it.

-Lightzing :)
Lightzing chapter 2 . 6/19/2008
I feel sorry for both Georgiana and Merriwether. To be told to not make friends! Horrible! And a father that thinks that all women are good for, is being mothers! The horror of it all!

Lightzing chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
It is almost like they really exist. I love the blend, the letters, the idea of burning the letters. Tis wonderful and great.

FaylinnNorse chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
Ooh, poor Anoushka. It's so awful when you're doing something like that, and can't get the lines right, and then with someone getting so upset with you for it, that just makes it ten times worse, and certainly doesn't help you get it right. But I'm glad she was able to work it out with Dmitri's help. They would be so cute together, his encouragement was so nice. And Georgiana's letter from Landon, too, was cute. I'm so happy for them. Thorsten's letter was a bit annoying, I must say. Sometimes he doesn't seem so bad, but this letter seemed particularly trying. Ah, Ing is right. I'm sure we would all be better off if we thought less of boys and more of important things. Literature! The arts! :D I like her. Very nice chapter, I hope you can post more soon!
inktounge chapter 6 . 6/16/2008
Sorry about my last review, I guess I wasn't paying all that close attention to ceirtain aspects. Good chapter, though. Keep it up!