Reviews for Brother's Keeper
Vadercat chapter 1 . 8/26
I can empathize with John on feeling like an outcast with his family. I have been the blacksheep in my family for years. I struck out on my own and did my own thing, when I came home through out the years, my parents welcomed me back but not the rest of my family. Two years ago I finally gave up trying to reach out to them, I don't call them, write them or talk to them anymore, after decades of trying to resolve things I gave up and honestly I feel better about it. Most of the hurt is gone, a smidge I admit still nags, but most of it's gone because it's their loss, not mine, I never did anything to cause their feelings except to want to be my own person. And isn't that what John wanted too? He wanted to be his own person and the people that accepted him were his true family & friends. It's a good lesson to learn, that if you have to turn yourself inside out to please the people around you is it worth it? Or is it better to please yourself and let others who like you see your self worth knowing you are who you are because you are worthwhile.
weemcg33 chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
This little piece was awesome, I really enjoyed it. Would've loved them to do this in that episode and would love to have seen the look on Dave's face when Ronon materialized put of thin air lol
cmtaylor531 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Would have loved to seen he look on Dave's face when Ronon appeared.
blauhoernchen55 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
I enjoyed reding your story. I liked the way Dave gets to know some of the secrets his brother is hiding and has to change his opinion on John and what he does.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I know I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again: This should've been in the episode! Thank you for sharing.
June Odyssey chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I loved this. Kinda hard to find stories with Dave in them. This was enjoyable, believable that John would've dismissed his injuries and not eaten anything for three days, and still had humor. Lovely all the way around :D
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Kariesue chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This was great! I always thought someone should do a tag to this episode, it was SO unfinished. Thought of doing one myself, but who has the time? Glad you did. Of course John had bruises on his neck from almost choking to death and cracked ribs from first the kick he got and then being sent flying into the crates. Glad you noticed that happened. And you didn't completely vilify poor Patrick Sheppard. That's nice because I think that John and his Dad had problems but more control issues than actual abuse or neglect like many people seem to include in their stories. Thanks for wrapping that up.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Absolutely amazing story. LOVED it.
scrapture chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I liked this story. I very much like how you take Sheppards injuries seriously. The show always messed that up. Poor Dave. Sometime in the next few hours he's going to get a visit from Cheyanne Mountain's Finest and a stack of nondisclosure forms to sigh and still not know what is really going on. Thanks for the story.
janelouise chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Hello again~

This is my very favorite story (that I've read so far)!

You wrote it just perfectly; exactly how I wanted it to go: John wouldn't admitt to his brother how hurt he was and his brother only believed that he'd been in a drunken what did you do? You made John pass out and got a doctor called to the house so that big brother could see for himself all the damage John has suffered!

I could have hugged you when I read the ending; it was Wonderful! Having Ronan beam down in front of big brother and say how they were late for the briefing with the President! happy sigh...

Can't wait to read the rest of your stories!

TTFN, jane
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Very cool added scene. I wanted to hear what they talked about too! I like the idea of his brother at least getting an idea of how important what John does and why he does it.
adafrog chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Wonderful story. Thanks.
Skye Scape chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
EHEHEHEEH! I love you! This was an excellent tag. I love the brotherly relationship. You must MUST watch Supernatural.. and then I can beg you for SPN fics XD. And Ronon at the end? YES! AHAHAHAHAH! I loved Ronon all throughout that episode.. everything he said.. and everything he didn't say was great. And having him beam in at the end like that was just priceless.
donttouch chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
I would SO love to be a fly on that wall!