Reviews for A Changed Man
eterna-romantica03 chapter 1 . 7/17/2017
Of course we all know how this couple met their not happy ending. Wish J K had written more about it, not after the fact, but in the books. The Marauders are all such tragic stories! However, this one shot is cute and for a few minutes all was good in the world. Thank you.
Elena
Leaving and Left chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
333333333333333333333
uptillthree chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Really like this!
Cita chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
That was excellent! I loved it, especially that bit with the deer. And thank you for not only acknowledging Snape in a James/Lily story, but also pointing out what a git he was. As courageous as he turned out, he was still a turd. He never grew up, really, and James did.

Also, thanks for the nice language and clean, well-written story. I really appreciate that.

I've decided to adopt this as part of my personal head canon. It was really an excellent story. Six stars. Out of five.
lizziemerk chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
I loved this scene with Ginny looking on, but having it from James' perspective adds a lot. Great job!
jack63kids chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
This is great. Well written and in with the writer's canon - I'd forgive the ambiguity over the death of James' parents as it seems unlikely that a wizard would die of old age in their 50s! Well, anyone, I'd hope. Should be a better explanation.

Many of us do foolish things in our youth and aren't always proud of the way we treated people then. James is growing up and becoming a much better person than the cocky boy who taunted Severus when they were younger. I love the power that Lily has over him, while he's pretending not to care, in JK's flashbacks. You've taken that on beautifully. Subtle changes and he's thinking it through to get what he wants and to be a better person.

Having said that, I'm a huge fan of Severus - one of the best characters that JK wrote, though you'd not want to share a flat with him really. I wish he'd had some joy in his miserable, short life.

Great story, well written. Looking forward to reading the longer works to give even more perspective.
julietsamuel chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
HI
Hello my dear compliment ,i am juliet by name i will like you to contact me through my private email adress()so that i will show you my pictures,please do not

write me back here hope to read from you,

yours juliet
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
this is beautiful. I really, really love this story, particularly the jp/ss confrontation
In the Willows chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I love this and especially James and Snape's confrontation at the end. Like Rowling said, Lily could have loved Snape, if he changed - he simply wasn't willing to, or able, and James was.

I'm a fan of your work. I hope you write more. (:

I'm kind of curious though as to how he made the first move. Maybe you could write about that, because I see that as being more difficult than this.
a.different.luna chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
fantastic little oneshot!

i love snapes reaction, and tho lilys “You’ve always been the stag looking for his doe,” Lily whispered. “You finally found her.”

was kinda cheesey, it was bareable

u need to be careful with stuff like that!

its fantastico though

i love the reasons for james change of heart
melissaeverlasting chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
This was beautiful. Lily was good, but Snape was so in character it was scary. Same for James when he was talking to Snivellus.

-Melissa
L. Borealis chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I really liked the simplicity of the feelings you painted for James. It was extremely natural and honest, beautiful execution. After reading so many fanfics, its nice to see one where the writer has an actual idea about the depth and honesty of basic human emotion.

One tiny thing: do you know about this little typo?

'he heard a twig snape against the uncovered ground'

I let out a little giggle when I read it, it seems like a freudian (typing) slip, or a very interesting use of foreshadow!

Again, great work. Looking forward to reading your other pieces!
James' Lily Flower chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
This was really good! I enjoyed it!
MarauderetteLily chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
aww so sweet i loves this couple!
Solarstone chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Loved that scene in the original story. Its great that you made it into a one-shot, it was just too sweet to be left alone!