Reviews for I'm Your Brother
Becky Tysome chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Hi,

I am new to Numb3rs fanfic and so am currently working my way through the stories on . Anyway i have just read your story 'I'm Your Brother' and felt the need to comment. Though i have to say that the main reason for these comments is to respond to the note you posted at the top of the story, the one about someone saying you stole the idea from an episode of CSI. I feel the need to point out some details, mainly that there is an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation that could be viewed as similar. The episode is called Grave Danger and is a special two-part season finale but to which season i cannot remember. The main premise of the episode is that one of the main characters is kidnapped and buried alive in a glass coffin underground, with a tape recording from the kidnapper and his gun for company. You may see the similarities between this and your Numb3rs story but that is pretty much all there is, there are lots of differences.

I hope you do not feel this is meant as a negative review of your story, i merely wished to clarify a few details in case no-one else had. In terms of reviewing 'your' story i thought it was a well written piece that really showed the bond between the brothers and the fears that they have about each other and what makes them who they are. Similarities to previously mentioned other crime drama are irrelevant and should not detract from a great, emotional piece of fanfic writing.

Becky xx )
Miss Enthusiasimal chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Oh wow me likey
DerekandReidSlashFan chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
*sniffing as I finaly quit crying* wow that was so sad and good i loved it very much
schmidj3 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Wow - this is a very powerful story and very well written. I love it when I can "see" what's going on. To me that is truly the mark of a great writer. Thanks!
epalladino chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Scary, truly scary. Yet, Don isn't as weak as he thinks he is. That's why he called Charlie instead of correctly reloading his gun. Terrific, but I'd love an epilogue, just because of how much I loved the emotions of the piece.

P.S. Any place you have 'loose' you meant 'lose'. Just in case you want to fix that.

Thanks, Beth
WinterGirl19 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Basically scared me to death. Really good story.
SMARTALIENQT chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
AHH! Charlie is doing the big brother thing... and Don is the one scared and suicidal... did I fall down a rabbit hole and not notice? Or step into an alternate dimension portal?

Spooky and sad, though, with humor at the end! "Who are you, and what have you done with Charlie?" was great! That was so... scary though. I was so sure Don was going to die at least twice during the whole thing. And then Charlie would go NVPWOL, and no one would save him! It was awesome!

-SMARTALIENQT :)
ALEO chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
I was starting to get a very bad feeling about this as soon as it was mentioned that Don had woken up inside a coffin...

The whole concept of being buried alive is the hardest thing for me to watch. There have been various shows where the hero or some poor sod has been buried alive and they open the coffin to see the fingernails shredded and the lid damaged. That just gives me the willies big time. (There was a CSI episode with a similar plot where the hero was buried with his loaded gun creating the tension of wondering if he would pull the trigger before they could find and save him - the baddies had hooked up a video feed.) I usually end up switching the program off when someone is buried alive. I guess that is a phobia, as someone else said I couldn't imagine anything much worse.

So what I am saying is that a sequel, as suggested by someone here, outlining the time Don actually spent buried alive up to the conscious decision to shoot himself would be something I couldn't read. Don't get me wrong, it would be extremely well written just as this story was. I also think you have covered enough of that here in this 'follow-up' piece, so to speak. The terror that Don felt along with the defeat when he decided to pull the trigger was very well portrayed.

You gave enough foreshadowing throughout this tale so that while I knew where it was heading it was still a shock to read the next paragraph.
PattyB chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Aww, this is great. Thank you!

What a horrible experience for Don. It'll take some serious counseling to get him

back to being himself again.

The young man obsessed with the Die Hard sayings was cute as can be. Very clever idea

you worked into the story beautifully.
Serialgal chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
"Who are you, and what have you done with Charlie?" Love it - great job on the challenge!
Rhapsodista chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
So I wonder...how much time did you spend in conjuring up the WORST possible thing that could ever happen to someone, ever? Good lord...

This was terrific. In the Numb3rs fandom, "Vulnerable Don" is (almost) as popular as "Angsty-and-Tormented Charlie," but I like that, in this case, that vulnerability didn't come from a Charlie thing, or a case thing, or a neglected childhood thing; it came from a place that is simply indescribable. How can he talk to anyone? How can anyone possibly fathom what he went through? And the best part is that, true to the Don we all know and love, he is still painfully unaware of his own strength. As Charlie pointed out, most people probably wouldn't even physically survive that, much less come out (essentially) metally intact.

And I love that when he was finally ready to talk, he called Charlie. There's just something about the sibling connection.

This was a great one-shot, but I'd be interested to see a companion piece about Don's time in the (pardon me while I cringe) coffin. The psychological possibilities are endless. It would be an entirely introspective piece...quite a challenge...but I have no doubt that you could pull it off beautifully. But if not, I'll just patiently wait for the next plot bunny to come along.

Thanks for sharing!
tearbos chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I like this. It's good that Don is opening up to Charlie. I hope he can get some help.
newgal chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Glad you decided to go ahead and write this. It's really awesome.
dHALL chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
That was really great! Well done, ALice!
baseballfan44 chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Wow. That was intense. I loved it. It was AMAZING!