Reviews for Subtext
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 2/15
The connections Sam makes near the end are the strongest: his stumbles in calling out Dean-trying to get his brother to talk, and the idea that maybe Dean didn't often call Sam during his Stanford years because Sam might sense his loneliness and depression.

I adore the story title and description. It nearly sums up Show and doesn't taint "subtext" with any sexual nonsense.

Thanks for all your stories, Hanna!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
This was a really great piece, with some lines that were absolute gems...really, great job.
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This was excellent! I loved that line "how many times had there been no one to listen to what Dean wasn't saying?" It was simply perfect. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Man, it's hard to think that Dean's mask fools everyone except Sam, who thinks it's obvious. Nobody else would ever think that anything was wrong or give him any sort of release, no pep talk in the dark. He'd just shove it down and pretend that nothing had happened. But Sam, Sam knows every tic Dean's got. He knows right away. And he wants to help. He just has to remember not to push too far since Dean isn't used to it.
jankjay1 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
"...how many times had there been no one to listen to what Dean wasn't saying?"

This is brilliantly poignant. So telling of both characters. Thank you for sharing it.
moonlitnight107 chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Omgosh I just love how Sam knows what to do and keeps pushing. And Dean... He is so use to John that he keeps expecting Sam to just let it go... But he doesn't. I loved that part where Sam makes a connection about why Dean didn't call while he was away at school... Because Sam is the only one who knows how to read Dean. He would have heard something wrong. It just goes to show how sensitive and broken Dean really is.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Another great story.
ILETUDRIVE chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Okay had to backtrack and read this one. I look up and the counter says 353 (soon to be 354 hooooray) but it makes me happy. The title for this one is so perfect. Those little nuances that about a person you know best that if you'd tried to explain to another you couldn't think of three, but is so patiently obvious when faced with that person is so compelling in this fic. (What a run-on but I hope you understand what I mean.)

Excellent. I love all the exploratory you do with the tags to episode but the movement you have behind the scenes are so compelling.

Stephanie
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Yet another catch-up! Awesome story, you showed the brothers relationship so well, and even after a two year separation, Sam could tell something was wrong with Dean, which Dean admitted even their father would not have noticed. And spot on with Sam touching Dean's shoulder and Dean clapping Sam's leg, so often the boys communicate with touch instead of words, verbal communication not needed.
mjg021182 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
OK, this is the second story I've read of yours, and I'm already in love with your writing. And you've written OVER 300 OF THEM! :D Hee! Awesomeness.

mj :D
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Hey hun

"the resonance of bad news"...that's a wonderful phrase, so evocative of the Winchester's lives. I liked how you allowed Sam's sibling intuition to gently break down Dean's oft-inpenetrable barriers.

DeansBabyBird. x
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This fic just sums up so well how those two boys interact - good job, I loved it!:-)
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
The way that the brothers' relationship is portrayed here is very fitting, in my opinion. Sam knows something is wrong, while Dean admits that John wouldn't even have noticed: this seems to fit very well with the distance between the boys and their father. I thought that this was a very good portrayal of that.

Plus, the phone call from the friend, and Dean's slightly depressed outlook on life because of it, is also very well portrayed and fits excellently with his character.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I was reading along and feeling all the emotion and feeling sorry for Dean that there had been no one there for him when Sam had been at Stanford, when bam! she mentions pods. LOL I saw the original of that movie when I was a kid and it scared my sister and me so bad, we went out and checked around the house and under our bed before going to sleep. We did not sleep well for many nights, either! Whew!

Anyway, I enjoyed this one, too. Grief would be hard for a Winchester to share and with Sam only being back for a while, I can see it being even more difficult. Well done.
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
I love how you portray the brothers' bond. This was a good one.