Reviews for Unguarded
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This was really well done. I think you have an excellent understanding of Dean's "voice". Your line from his thoughts: "Meaning-of-their-life stuff could wait until never, or when Dean was dying, whichever came last." Well, it was perfectly him. Great work! :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Ouch. Wow. Yeah, this one was rough. It's bad enough that Sam was sick and had to pull out the memories of the skin walker and didn't recognize it as Dean, but then he had a gun and there was nothing Dean could do to convince him it was really him. That was surprisingly scary, considering that nothing supernatural was actually involved.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
What a great short piece - it managed to be fun and yet completely serious and intense at the same time. LOVED how Dean got to see just how good Sam was, even incapacitated, even if he couldn't fully appreciate it under the circumstances.

And the fact that Dean recognized how unfair it was that Sam's own mind was letting him blurt out these things that he knew Sam would probably keep private if he could was sweet - but how glad are WE that Dean got to hear them, right?

And this line, or lines, were awesome: "With the hundred different things wrong and surreal about this scene, Dean had to get hit between the eyes with the one right one: the certainty, the raw faith in Sam's voice that his big brother would come to the rescue. Dean wasn't usually there for that part of the stand-off with the bad guy."

It's one thing for Dean to know that Sam totally trusts him in general terms, but for him to actually hear it spoken so matter-of factly was great.
tvj12 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This was a great look at how the stuff Sam bottles up could work against him if he was delirious. -tvj12
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Another great story.
ILETUDRIVE chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
"With the hundred different things wrong and surreal about this scene, Dean had to get hit between the eyes with the one right one: the certainty, the raw faith in Sam's voice that his big brother would come to the rescue."

That's it in a nutshell.

I always wished they would do more follow-up on the Skin episode.

Stephanie
spnlittlebro chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Congratulations! You have been recced at spn_littlebro!

( . )
LoveThemWinchesters chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Loved the story!

And yes, I agree with "carolinesayer" below that a "six foot giant holding a gun in my face" would freak me out, especially when he's delirious and can snap at any second. It's good that Dean was so calm, cool & collected and was able to correct the situation before anything bad happened.

Great job!
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Awesome fic!
Onari chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Beautiful too :)

Did you get to "know" or at least imagine for yourself what it was that ticked Sam off?

L xx
carolinesayer chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
lol aww! that would be actually really scare for me.. six foot giant holding a gun in my face.. lol :D taa thankyous! xx
MidgeVS5 chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Enjoyed this, but Dean selling the Glock at a pawn shop? No sorry I don't think he'd do that.
Whilom chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
**Dean curled one of his hands toward his chest.**

**He was out on his feet, only some incredibly stubborn self-preservation – or maybe fraternal-preservation – streak keeping him upright.**

**this wouldn't have been anything but a footnote in the textbook Dean could write about the way his brother's mind worked.**

You've got amazing phrasing.

**"It's never over," Sam whispered. Dean had an idea he didn't even realize he'd spoken.**

For some reason I really love this line.

**In the morning, Sam remembered even less of what had happened than his brother did of the book.

And the next town they hit, Dean sold the Glock at a pawn shop.**

Great, great ending lines. The last one is particularly heartbreaking-Dean just can't stand to see the gun anymore.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
I found this both serious and hilarious. Delirious-Sam is rather funny-but the subject matter of what he 'discusses' with Dean is a little less humorous and more on the serious side. But I loved it.

Good job!
Phx chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I don't think I ever reviewed this but it is one I enjoy to re-read from time to time. I love how patient Dean is with Sam and how concerned he is.

Skin is one of my favorite episodes so I particularly enjoyed that it referenced that epi.

And I love how he sold the gun at his first chance.