Reviews for The Department of Mary Sues, Bleach Division
Kana090 chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Truthfully, I can say when I first read this, I was beyond upset.

I wasn't sure how to handle it, as I do live on praise.

It's been a little while since I first read it, but now I think I can handle just a little bit better.

Though I don't particularly like the story, it will be of great help to me in the future. I never before realized my character was a mary-sue, and although this story angers me greatly, it's something that I can learn from.

I'm discontinuing my story. I'll start over, new characters and a new plot, and strive to avoid Mary-sues at all costs.

This was my first story, but now I remember why I joined It was to improve my writing.

I cannot say thank you, but I will say that at least someone out there can read my story and point out everything that's bad in it.

Kana090
0598034985038483 chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
I've never came across something like this; very creative! I wasn't expecting to like it, but I did. Update soon, please. )
Agent Tomato chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Well slain! A promising first mission. On behalf of all the residents of Response Centre #24601, I welcome Kana and Cerrin to the PPC.
Chaucer101 chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
I liked Cerrin. Kana pissed me off-too much of a (bad word), really. I get the idea that you might have meant it that way. Either way she didn't sit well with me. I wanted to stab HER. ANYway, this was funny. It wasn't hilarious, but it was funny-in a sarcastic, I hate life kinda way. Hating life might be an exaggeration. I don't care.

I hardly find good stories on here anymore. I either find sue-(bad word), or parodies. Was I dropping you a hint, no. Yes. Maybe? Why don't you write a good story-like a real story? Instead of just pointing out other authors shortcomings/laziness.

I liked it good enough sure, but I get the feeling you made a special account just to do this because you're too much of a pussy to just write it under your account where YOUR stories are. I don't blame you really. If that's not the case...this story was just like what I'm doing now-a long (bad word) about other people (a.k.a you).

I didn't absolutely hate your story. Actually, I liked it. I just don't think the idea behind it's all that great.

Keep writing away. (Not that I'll read it, but feel free to do it anyway. I don't care.)
sniper1250 chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Hehehe, that was hilarious. I love how you made fun of most people's inability to think up zanpakuto names. I know I wouldn't know where to start. Mainly because any japanese I know is limited to what I pick up off subbed versions of animes and what an online translator will spit out at me. The misspelling error in the begining was great too, as was making them pay for forcing captains to be OOC. I remember telling someone once that their characters were OOC and her plot was full of holes that I pointed out and gave suggestions on how to she responded to me and told me she didn't have to fix plot holes or make characters act like their supposed to because it's fanfiction and she can do whatever she wants with it. So I just advised her to update her summary with 'AU' and 'OOC'.

If you ever do more of these dont forget to make fun of crappy summaries. I always get pissed at summaries that say 'just read it R&R' or 'too lazy to write just read and R&R' especially 'I'm bad at summaries but i swere it's good just read and R&R'. Complete with those spelling and punctuation errors. I don't think people realize they're being repedative when they tell people to read it then read and review. Also I thought it was funny how some authors try to use as much japanese words as they can and put a dictionary at the end of their chapters so you have to reference things every once in a while. When I read those I usually go 'Jeeze, I never realized all these japanese people talk in english all the time and only say small and simple words in japanese.' I understand that titles don't translate well so those are more acceptable I feel, but really what they're saying should already be assumed to be in japanese.

I think I'm rambling, reviewing this makes me think about things that people actually do and it's making me upset I think. I'll stop now, but it was a great parody of bad writers.
35 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3