Reviews for Never Saying It
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
endeared me to dumbledore. every story i read has him as uncaring/senile/manipulating. this is a nice change
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
wow, this is really really good. i have never read anything like it. its a really amazing one of a kind. i never thought of the headmaster like that. but it really is true. you really got into his head very very very well. i loved it very much. not to mention it was written really well. later dude.
A Shining Armour chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Very angsty. I liked it, very nice one-shot. Perhaps over-angsty, but who knows? I just think if Dumbledore was that F*ed up, he'd have tried to commit suicide by now. But then...he has to be strong, doesn't he? Lol, yeah, I'll stop now.

You're very talented-on to more of your fics!
Chess chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Damn it all, why do all your stories give me shivers? Probably 'cause you're a very good writer. I love how you revealed the human side of Dumbledore, the weak part, the part that knows that he's not infalible, that he can't always "make it better." Kudos.
ladydaydreamer chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
Poor Prof. Dumbledore...

It must be hard for him - to say the least - at times, especially then. This fic gives us the insight that even though he knows so much, Albus is still human, and he can still make mistakes and get frustrated. That goes for the rest of us too. I hope tho' that he finally does get someone to confide in who will not freak out over him feeling these things. Even he needs a confident, no matter how much he feels he should keep his thoughts to himself. And of course, I am looking forward to see Dumbledore's dilligence being rewarded in the end by Voldemort's defeat.

Thank you for writing this story and reading my review.

- D.
Catherine80 chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
very nice and well written. It's interestig to see Dumbledore's view of things.
Tarawyn chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
To hide oneself is a powerful thing, and is something that sometimes must be done. Yet it isn't only hiding that is neccesary. It is to accept what needs to be hidden away, and not ignore it, but keep it from the outside world. As does Dumbledore.

Imagine having the entire world look up to you, expecting you to know everything, to be the source of savior when things have gone wrong, and being the one to put pieces together. It's really amazing, how he's kept himself together, and kept himself as what he is now. Character is strong. Expecting so much of so much of someone is hard...but is into his character. Harry has the power to withhold dooms others have not, and Dumbledore has the power to keep the world on his shoulders. An excellent piece.

(Notice-if I put these ramblings in any more of my reviews, it means I like them and therefore am throwing in my own opinions on whatever you wrote. It's a way to get thoughts out, and the simple compliments sometimes don't work out the way they should...)
NovaGirl chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
This makes me wanna hug Dumbledore- Kami-sama, what have you done! Gah! I loved this fic! (Toots full blast on the Kazoo of Ultimate Fandom)
Ariana Deralte chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Interesting look into Dumbledore's mind. I honestly never thought of some of these things before. Thanks.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
Hmmm, it seems we have different ideas of the characterization of Dumbledore. I lean toward Raven's interpretation, but I could feel Albus' frustration and agony in this work, and it is quite plausible that he does indeed grow weary of having to be strong all the time. I'm sure he hates himself for possibly sentencing Snape to death, as well as feeling that Cedric's death was somehow his fault. It's difficult for me to conceive of Albus wanting to scream, or feeling he must hide his emotions, but that may be a difference in interpretation. It's amazing how differently people can interpret characters. I thought this was a beautiful, moving piece and I appreciate the excellent writing style. You do write very well, I must say. Good job.
Voldie For Prez chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
Amazing, y'know. Dumbledore always seemed so... happy all the time. But the fic I just read changed my opinion. A lot. Thumbs up!
Torny chapter 1 . 1/13/2002
This fic is beautiful. The way you wrote Dumbledore was near-perfect.
Helna chapter 1 . 12/22/2001
Good.
Katarina Freeman chapter 1 . 12/17/2001
That story really struck a chord for me. And of course, Dumbledore's little personal gripe ends and he's forced to twinkle yet again so that others may take strength. I know it sounds pretencious saying this, but I mean it in the sincerest way... thanks for writing that.
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 11/20/2001
Whoa. Great introspective from Dumbledore. Makes sense. Even the 'great' Dumbledore that even 'Voldie' feared is human... I guess a lot of people forget about that after a while.