Reviews for John Connor: Capeless Crusader
justjoe chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Great story . well written and great dialog .
justjoe chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Great story . well written and great dialog .
uncommoner chapter 9 . 6/3/2010
Chris,

Did you really leave this lovely, thoughtful work like this?

Get on and finish it, it is beautiful, thought provoking and excellent.

Finish it, Sir. You CANNOT leave stuff like this left in a pantry, you have to finish it.

You are an author, you must!

brendan
MarshallOC9 chapter 8 . 4/26/2009
i really liked this story. i hope you write more like it
pokey chapter 10 . 2/29/2008
As always I love the ideas you have. Great chapter, the dream was heartbreaking, because more then anything I think John wants a lovely normal life like that.
Aria DeLoncray chapter 10 . 2/29/2008
Great chapters! Can't wait for the next.
ev80 chapter 8 . 2/27/2008
Wow, I *LOVE* this story! I love the character development with Cameron and the little mysteries you've worked into the plot - really well done. Since I started watching this tv series I've become fascinated with the potential between John and Cameron. It's kind of obvious for a conclusion to the series where John figures out some way to impart humanity to the machines and coexist, but it's still a touching and original enough plot device that it's really drawn me in. Anyway, stories like yours that develop along this angle so well are really great. Thanks for sharing :)
divad relffehs chapter 8 . 2/21/2008
This was technically well written and enjoyable for its characterizations. I'm assuming this is complete though it isn't marked that way. I'm off to read your other stuff.
divad relffehs chapter 6 . 2/21/2008
At my highschool there is an english teacher who is married to a cheerleader advisor who was once one of his students. His name even starts with a Ma.
divad relffehs chapter 3 . 2/21/2008
John Reese was the name that John was using when he knew Charley
13percenter chapter 8 . 2/14/2008
After reading the entire story, I have to say: Bravo and well done! I like the way you made John, I guess the word would be chivalrous? Interesting ending, I'm kind of sorry that Cameron didn't get to use Martin K as a punching bag, but the video tape would be the smart play too I guess. I also must admit, I too am a tad confused about John not being able to program a microwave clock, but, then again...Some of those things suck...

Like I said, well done!
Aria DeLoncray chapter 8 . 2/13/2008
Great chapters! Can't wait for the next.
TermFan1980 chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Overall, good so far, but you asked for constructive criticism, so here it is:

There were a few totally out of character moments. In chapter 2 John does not know how to set a digital clock on a microwave. Not sure why you threw that line in there, because it doesn't really add anything, and makes the reader go "WTF? He can hack a police database, but not figure out the complexities of kitchen appliances?"

Cameron gets way out of character at times. I know you are trying to portray her as having emotions and slowly becoming more and more human(like), but even in the fantasy fanfic world where every story inevitably "jumps the shark" and has some sort of John/Cameron romance, I still find it a very tough pill to swallow that she gets giddy, and "pirouettes" after they almost kiss. I have also noticed that in the 5th and 6th chapters, she is smiling and laughing more that what could be expected of a robot that is emulating human emotion. My advice is; don't lay it on quite so thick. Leave more to the imagination of the reader by implying things through subtle cues, rather than blatant actions.

I know I may be sounding harsh, but I would not have made any comments if I was not enjoying the story so far, and I only want to help you make the story as good as you can.
xXPrettyDisturbedXx chapter 6 . 2/12/2008
sweet
love escalation chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
The last chapter is such a tease, but I love it. As much as I want John and Cameron to get closer on the show, I also don't.

It's a very confusing situation, I think.