Reviews for Dutiful
jordan114725 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Nice fic, liked the AU part of it
SierralaineWalsh chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
An AU? It's so cute... I liked it so much! So adorable. Weeh A construction worker? Hmm.. :)
Trevor X chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
I'd almost call this one "Content with the Little Things".

Laughed silently, since I'm at the library right now, and outright laughter would probably offend somebody. I liked it, btw.
Hikaru Morinaga chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Aww, Manna, this was adorable! And I could totally imagine Wallace laughing so loud that you could hear him from several feet away over the phone.

Kent being a construction worker is an odd occupation, but I thought it fit him.

...And then I imagined him all sweaty and then I had to get a mop.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Whe, AU! It's always fun to read an AU story. It's a nice change of pace, you know? Anyway, very cute. By the way, I failed to read the genre of the story, so when I read: "This particular day was different" I immediately jumped to conclusions and went: "OMG HE'S GOING TO HAVE AN ACCIDENT AND DIE! NO!" _ Yeah, I'm not sure why I thought that. Still, I enjoyed this. It was different, so that's always good. )
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I like this story a lot, but it seemed just a little off. Maybe just because of the different time period. It's far more difficult to put characters in an entirely different setting. Still, it was very good, and really sweet.
Absol Master chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Erk: You've got great grammar.

Canas: Great story! I was confused at first because I thought alarm clocks didn't exist in our time. But after some research, I realised it was AU, and I also began to notice how nice it was. The story is simple, but very interesting!

Raven: Alright...This story was...simple. Understood it.

Lucius: It makes me feel so comfortable and warm! I loved the ending!

Marcus: Well done. I like your stories.

Oswin: This one was great, though it was AU. I never really understand AU.

Kent: Why, thank you! Me as a construction worker. It looks like a hard job, but I'd sure like to do such useful work.

Lyn: Ehehe...
themagebear chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
the magebear isnt sure how it feels about kent/lyn, but it was a great story anyway. lots of fluff.
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Welcome back!

You're right - although this was still a Lyn/Kent pairing, it was different than usual. Maybe because no one died or became ill or earnestly confessed their love? XD That seems to happen a lot, but not in this one.

Actually, it's nice to read a relatively plotless story. Well, I mean, I suppose that Kent's work is the problem of the story, but still it was solved easily and that was kind of a nice change of pace. Rather than a dynamic adventure or sweeping romance, this was just a quiet day in the passing years of their life together. Kinda sweet. Pleasant.

I like the details in the middle. About his thermos and lunchbox and stuff. I don't know why, but that part was my favorite from the whole story. Maybe because that paragraph was just really smooth.

I don't have any criticism... Oh, wait. Nevermind. XD In the beginning, I kept wondering where you were going with this story... maybe try writing with a bit more clarity?

Ah whatever. I'm sleepy. But this was a nice read, and it's good to see you back!
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Oh, this was so cute! Even the most dutiful of men need a day off once in a while, eh? And I'm a sucker for FE AUs.