Reviews for The Children's Crusade
Lord Sia chapter 5 . 5/4/2010
Cool. Like it, keep it coming.
Wolvmbm chapter 5 . 5/21/2008
That was some story, I read the whole thing from start to finish and I loved it.

I wasn't really a fan of the New X-men until I learned that X-23 was joining up, but now thanks to you I may just enjoy this team minus X-23. :D

I wish you the best of luck as this is a great idea to start off with, and I hope for more X-men cameos in the future stories as well. :D
The Phoenix King chapter 5 . 2/28/2008
Oh, those wacky New X-Men, always in trouble. I was a big fan of Kyle and Yost's run on the series and was troubled to hear that it had been cancelled, so finding your fic was a welcome and pleasant surprise. Overall, it was really enjoyable and well-written, and I hope you find the motivation to write a sequel for it. The characters were excellently written, and you really captured their voices perfectly, Surge and Rockslide in particular. I also liked how you took elements from the comics continuity to add to the story; the Hellions' experience with the Kingmaker, Surge and Dust's fights, Jubes joining the New Warriors (a nice cameo there too!) and of course the events of Messiah Complex. I only hope that Guggenheim's Young X-Men is as good as this. Well done!
OracleOfKatmandu chapter 5 . 2/28/2008
This is really interesting. Emma Frost was well used here, I think.
Larg0 chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
Great Story !
GothikStrawberry chapter 5 . 2/21/2008
Another marvelous chapter! :) I enjoyed that Jubilee and Emma made an appearance ... though I thought Emma would be a little more annoyed (despite secretly being proud).

Anyhoo ... I can't wait for the next update. :)
Beautybedamned chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
I have no words to describe just how incredible this story is. So I'm just going to pimp this out on my LJ because this deserves to be read.

This is going up on my fic recc list.

Brilliant, Wes. Utterly brilliant.

(One last question: since this is more or less something of an AU, may I request your permission to play?)
KxH chapter 4 . 2/19/2008
mazin. update soon.
GothikStrawberry chapter 4 . 2/18/2008
Looks like Hellions big brother is going to be in a LOT of trouble...:)

Anyhoo excellent chapter! I can't wait for the next update. :)
bodmod chapter 4 . 2/16/2008
great fic so far, but I was just wondering if you were going to put x-23 in there?
GothikStrawberry chapter 3 . 2/14/2008
A well written fic with an interesting plot ... what more could a girl want? Why the next chapter of course. :)
Beautybedamned chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
Your twists... amazing. *incoherent*
Lady Bethia chapter 2 . 2/11/2008
Interesting story. I would like to see where you go with it.

Lady Bethia
Beautybedamned chapter 2 . 2/10/2008
Love the twist. Waiting on the next chapter. *rereads*
Beautybedamned chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
You make me itch to actually download and read the rest of NXM just when I decided not to follow it anymore. Will make it a point to pick those issues up when I can.

I'm not up to date, but I love the way you've written the kids here. How true it is that Julian wouldn't just sit around and not do anything. The touch with Santo, how him being accepted back home contrasts how it is for the others came as a surprise, but I can really see it.

I hope there will be more?