Reviews for Still a Superhero
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
This is one of the first fics of yours I ever read, and I just went back and re-read it, and it's still one of my favorites.

I love this:

“Used to be a time when whatever I said was law.”

“Used to be a time when I wore Batman pajamas with feet, Dean.” “Of course your word was law—I used to think you were a superhero.”

“Still am, Sammy.”

You do the brotherly banter SO well, and I love that Dean is still a superhero to Sam.

SO glad Dean left the shotgun with Sam. I was freaking out when there was a SECOND creature, and Sam was all vulnerable and alone. ACK! Glad big brother came to the rescue.

Great story! As always, I wanted more-I've been wanting to see the boys look at the pictures since they got them on the show. But, that's just me, I'm greedy. ;) Thanks for writing!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
You should do a sequel to this where Dean explains the pictures

The barbed wired was cool by the way (well, not for Sam obviously, but you know...). You could make a list of the 101 ways you came up with to hurt one or the other ;o)
DeeUnnatural chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
just watched the show and this story suited it great. Everybody needs a superhero. With only taking care of Sammy as Dean job, it's nice to see how Sam sees Dean. Great job
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
That was awesome. Even though it was only a short one it felt much longer. I giggled my way through the brotherly sniping at the start, especially the 'I used to wear Batman pyjamas with feet' bit and then the action kicked in and I was on the edge of my seat! Loved how the creature attacking Dean put it on Sam's list of least favourite things and poor boy, hitting that barbed wire after surviving the creature! And even worse luck, it having a mate! I'm glad it wasn't too serious though, just enough to kick Dean into big brother mode. And this line here was one of the awesome ones that was just so in character;

Sam smiled fondly as Dean came back inside, box in hand. For all the competitiveness and disagreements and practical jokes, Dean still usually was his hero.

Dean sat on the edge of the bed, pushing Sam over to make room for him. “Okay, here. But you start getting all sappy on me or wanna hug or something and, recovering or not, you’re getting shoved off the bed.”

Perfect - I absolutely loved it :)
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 2/9/2008