Reviews for Winchesters v Evil
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I've really liked the one or two episodes of the show where it turned out they weren't hunting the supernatural at all, but just a human being doing terribly unspeakable things. Because it happens. It's awful. Because the monsters are supposed to be the monsters. But the Winchesters have seen too much of life to ignore that the people are the crazies sometimes. And you show that so very well here, in all sorts of ways.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Awesome story, the boys up against human evil, the most difficult thing to kill, unlike monsters. Loved the way you had them watching 9/11 unfurl, really believable as it affected everybody, and all the more poignant to me reading it today as the 10th anniversary was a couple of days ago.

As usual this story was beautifully crafted and perfectly executed, you are the master, or rather mistress, of the vignettes, each one a stand-alone story but the collection of them giving a bigger picture of the Winchesters' lives.
Illucida chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
This was very good; well thought out, planned, and written. Great job.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I really enjoyed this story. Very deep and thought-provoking, showing the Winchesters up against an all too human evil. I especially liked the way you incorporated 9/11 in here and showed their reaction to it. And my absolute favourite was the vignette in which Sam was writing that essay about evil being a mere 'construct' and then had to interrupt his essay to go and kill an imp. Nice irony there - the way you contrasted the killing of the imp and Sam's sitting down to continue writing about the non-existence of evil was very powerful and humorous. The truth is that people are a wicked bunch and in many ways the evil that people knowingly and voluntarily do IS so much worse than that which the supernatural creatures on the show do. And this story showed that in a very powerful way. So well done for that:-)
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
""For the rest of the day, for the first time that Dean remembered, they were just like everybody else""

- really liked that line, and the idea of Sam and Dean watching the September 11th attacks. I liked their reactions.

I really liked all the different forms of evil that you had them facing in this story.
TraSan chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
LOL - Um...I just spent three days looking for this fic (I dreamed about one of the snippets three nights ago and have been looking to reread it ever since). I think I read it about six months ago.

I finally enlisted help and had the link in a minute. D'oh!

Right where I'd been looking. *sigh*

Thanks for writing, girl! Obviously, the brotherly moments in this were rememberable and hit the SPN bro-mo sweet spot.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Several specifics I liked from this one: the scene involving the World Trade center (it was interesting to see how the theoretical hunting world would be concerned about it from the supernatural perspective), the one with the imp (because Sam hunting while at college, or at least being unable to ignore something right under his nose, was intriguing) and Sam in the psychiatric ward (because sometimes I wonder what would happen if the brothers were thought to be suicidal).

Good job!
Phx chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Man, the scenes you compile always amaze me :)

My favorite two were the 9/11 one. That one gave me absolute chills, I think you hit dead on how each of them would react. And I love that John was with them. That actually meant a lot to me, and I loved that it was set from Dean's POV.

And my other favorite was Dean breaking Sam out of the mental ward. I love how terrified Sam was of being crazy, and how quickly Dean got that once he saw how Sam badly reacted to his gentle teasing about leaving Sam there. Again, perfect POV choosing for us to see it through Sam's eyes this time.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Nice progression over the years. This is the first fic that I've read that included the Winchesters' reaction to 9-11.

Well done!
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I've just started getting into Supernatural, but already I love your fic. This story in particular was great; loved the 9/11 reference and Sam writing his paper.

"Apparently, the things they’d fought hadn’t realized they were just postmodernist constructs stemming from a society rooted in Judeo-Christian tradition. Sucked to be them."

That is one of the best lines I have ever read in fic (being an academic myself, I can appreciate it!). Wonderful story!
amyblair chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
I was out of town for a couple of days and printed off a few of your stories to read in the car. I made notes! LOVED this! I almost melted (and still get a little misty) that you gave us a pov of the Winchesters and 911. It touched us all, each American, including Vampire chasing, get the holy water, ghost hunters. I loved you brought John in and how he gave Sam a hand on his leg. It took only a few thousand deaths to pull the Winchesters together. In their helplessness they turned to each other, not their strength. I think that is so true for so many families. Great job!
Rat chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Very cool glimpse at the things they deal with when it isn't the things they normally deal with that are against them. (Do I make any sense?)
My heart beats only for you chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Awesome :D
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
This was a really interesting idea, showing them coming up against all sorts of human evils, and facing them together. I love the stories that are a series of vignettes throughout their lives.

It was really interesting to see 9/11 thrown in there, and their reaction to it. Glad they were all together then. The glimpse of Sam at college was cool, with all the irony, and it was nice to see that he didn't completely turn his back on hunting while he was gone. The Dean in jail scene was really sad. I'm glad he was there for Sam when he was at the hospital, to break him out. And I utterly loved this line: "The world changed that day. Dean Winchester didn’t."
SilentLaurel chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
It's been a tough call, but out of all of your stories, I think this one is my favorite. I love the thematic style. This is very thorough, examining the topic from every angle. Each part is so well written on it's own-but I love how they come together to say more than the sum of the parts.

My favorite section? Definitely the one on evil as a literary construct. You do the understatement well, and the irony.