Reviews for The Wise One: Book One: Becoming
Dissapointed chapter 21 . 3/20
It got boring. I mean... if anything, there are books so it is not like Harry could not learn to get better at magic. It is simply too much skimming over everything with Potter and Black traveling around. It was probably meant to be some kind of grand chase or whatever but for me, it is simply boring.

I had my hopes up when Harry even as kid realized he won't be able to dodge the prophecy and so he started training. But honestly, from there it went downhill pretty fast. Harry is still just a kid who doesn't even try to get stronger. He simply lives his life, knowing he has a Dark Lord aiming for him. There were a bunch of excuses for why Sirius had to leave Brazilia and his beloved woman so Harry could learn how-to-wizard but seriously, years passed and Harry is still not described to learn anything so... yeah.

The next part is how EASILY Crouch Jr. discovered Sirius and Harry. Let me be clear. Dumbledore nor British Ministry were utterly incapable of getting even a whiff of them and somehow, Crouch just magically appears to trace their steps all over the world. He magically gets to every location where they stayed for no other reason than... plot. I mean... why not make Crouch the new Dumbledore if he is so capable?

All in all, the story is shit.

I actually found this on Reddit under 'independent/strong Harry' but so far, I saw a small glimpse of independence and will to get strong but both were snuffed out as soon as they came with a bunch of whiny excuses of why it couldn't happen... I mean, look at DADA in Hogwarts. Do anybody really believe the students actually learn from their teachers? I do not. I think they learn more from their textbooks with how utterly inept their teachers for that subject are. Why can't Potter do the same?

I could understand if the MC didn't get as good at standard curriculum and spells. But he is simply not improving at all! Every time I see an excuse of the type 'there are no teachers' I want to break something because clearly, Hogwarts students are capable of teaching themselves potions, history, and DADA from textbooks but Harry Potter can't.
csheila chapter 7 . 1/17
Love the honesty
csheila chapter 6 . 1/17
Some great scenes.
csheila chapter 5 . 1/17
A better life but not great
csheila chapter 4 . 1/17
Ok.
csheila chapter 3 . 1/17
Poor Neville. I assume no rescue is upcoming. Of course, Canon didn't give one to Harry
csheila chapter 2 . 1/17
Bastards, the lot of them. Poor Neville
csheila chapter 1 . 1/17
Endearing, albeit painful, opening.
abhinavvemuri123 chapter 25 . 1/13
Oh I haven't read this before
abhinavvemuri123 chapter 3 . 1/13
It feels as if I read this before, but it's different too different from the other usual shit
gginsc chapter 24 . 1/9
The idiot just stood there and bleed out! What a fool. What were the others thinking?
gginsc chapter 2 . 1/9
Poor Neville!
This-Mickey-Seems-Iffy chapter 8 . 1/5
Who cares to abound muggles. boo.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/14/2020
And of course Percy the PREFECT just sat on his ass and let Malfoy get away with whatever he wanted.
Don Draper's Bitch chapter 22 . 11/17/2020
As a psychologist who works with children (adults) who have gone through the trauma of abuse and neglect, yes neglect is worse than death. I've always hated Dumbs decision to leave Harry in the abusive home (I'm really suppose to believe the most powerful wizard, the ministry, the expert teachers at Hogwarts wouldn't have been able to raise and protect Harry...bullshit) and JK downplaying of the effects and outcome of abuse. I'm not a Dumbs fan. He's a manipulative old coot that knowing endangered a child (in this fic two kids) to satisfy his quest of greater good.

Your writing though is something I do like and appreciate that you wrote and shared.
1,457 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »