Reviews for The Wise One: Book One: Becoming
Simianpower chapter 23 . 4/16
That was the ugliest, clunkiest, most forced-plot garbage I think I've ever read, out of literally THOUSANDS of fanfics. Is that REALLY the best you could do? This story was actually good before this bullshit. The past couple of chapters have been purely awful.

If you wanted Voldemort to come back, and Voldemort knew that Harry was alive, and Barty was there, then WHY NOT FOLLOW THE CANON PLOT?! Fuck, if you don't want to bother with that, just handwave it away in a couple of paragraphs! Instead you have Magical Barty running across one random lucky encounter after another where everyone near him babbles mindlessly about some random British folks that they knew YEARS AGO, then the utter shit of this chapter. What the FUCK possessed you to ruin the story so thoroughly in two chapters? I almost quit after the last chapter, and this one's worse in every way.
Simianpower chapter 20 . 4/16
Why is Harry suddenly gripping the idiot ball so hard? This isn't in character, and feels very plot-forced. This entire chapter was fucking stupid. This story had been so good until now, but this chapter alone reduces it an entire rank.
Osmodious chapter 25 . 2/5
Fun story…interesting ideas and plot, good balance of dialogue and exposition, good character development, and well written. You have a very good sense of when to be very detailed and when to just provide overview…something so many writers struggle with. Looking forward to the next parts. Thanks for posting!
Bumblebee chapter 2 . 8/17/2021
Albus is... An idiot.

HE'S A FUCKING MORON, A FUCKING IDIOT WHO IS AS DUMB AS THE STUPID BUMBLEBEE HE WAS NAMED AFTER- AND HIS BRAIN IS THE SAME SIZE AS ONE.
kimjo2 chapter 25 . 7/6/2021
Fascinating story. I do hope it doesn't turn out to be H/G but we'll see. Thanks so much
HFritzH chapter 24 . 6/2/2021
Una mierda el desarrollo, todo el tiempo escapando para ser atrapado de la forma más tonta
Oanh chapter 14 . 6/1/2021
Omg you are the best fanfic writer i ever read so far , love it
Dissapointed chapter 21 . 3/20/2021
It got boring. I mean... if anything, there are books so it is not like Harry could not learn to get better at magic. It is simply too much skimming over everything with Potter and Black traveling around. It was probably meant to be some kind of grand chase or whatever but for me, it is simply boring.

I had my hopes up when Harry even as kid realized he won't be able to dodge the prophecy and so he started training. But honestly, from there it went downhill pretty fast. Harry is still just a kid who doesn't even try to get stronger. He simply lives his life, knowing he has a Dark Lord aiming for him. There were a bunch of excuses for why Sirius had to leave Brazilia and his beloved woman so Harry could learn how-to-wizard but seriously, years passed and Harry is still not described to learn anything so... yeah.

The next part is how EASILY Crouch Jr. discovered Sirius and Harry. Let me be clear. Dumbledore nor British Ministry were utterly incapable of getting even a whiff of them and somehow, Crouch just magically appears to trace their steps all over the world. He magically gets to every location where they stayed for no other reason than... plot. I mean... why not make Crouch the new Dumbledore if he is so capable?

All in all, the story is shit.

I actually found this on Reddit under 'independent/strong Harry' but so far, I saw a small glimpse of independence and will to get strong but both were snuffed out as soon as they came with a bunch of whiny excuses of why it couldn't happen... I mean, look at DADA in Hogwarts. Do anybody really believe the students actually learn from their teachers? I do not. I think they learn more from their textbooks with how utterly inept their teachers for that subject are. Why can't Potter do the same?

I could understand if the MC didn't get as good at standard curriculum and spells. But he is simply not improving at all! Every time I see an excuse of the type 'there are no teachers' I want to break something because clearly, Hogwarts students are capable of teaching themselves potions, history, and DADA from textbooks but Harry Potter can't.
csheila chapter 7 . 1/17/2021
Love the honesty
csheila chapter 6 . 1/17/2021
Some great scenes.
csheila chapter 5 . 1/17/2021
A better life but not great
csheila chapter 4 . 1/17/2021
Ok.
csheila chapter 3 . 1/17/2021
Poor Neville. I assume no rescue is upcoming. Of course, Canon didn't give one to Harry
csheila chapter 2 . 1/17/2021
Bastards, the lot of them. Poor Neville
csheila chapter 1 . 1/17/2021
Endearing, albeit painful, opening.
1,464 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »