Reviews for Crucifixion
silvercloudx3 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
absolutely beautiful.
i finished the English translation of the play today, and this made me cry all over again /3
springfell7 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
That was...damn. I love this play so much, more perhaps than any other play I've ever read before. So your take on the final fifteen or so years of Cyrano's life just make me want to cry. I still believe Cyrano should have gotten Roxane, that Christian is a lout, and that Roxane was dumb for not seeing the truth. But I guess we cannot change what has already passed. Keep writing!
Sonic Serendipity chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Je l'aime!

My most favouritest play ever. A very nice elaboration on the theme, bravo.
Emmaplease chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
There's an English...adaptation, for want of a better word, by Geraldine McCaughrean (probably spelt wrong, too many vowels!) if you wanted to read that...I think its taken a bit of artistic license though, having never seen the original.

ANYWAY onto the fic. Again, having not read/seen your version it's kinda confusing but very atmospheric, the kind of atmosphere I'd imagine post-Siege.

I hope it was the siege of Arras in the original :S

Anyway, sorry for babbling on, anyway...happy writing!

Emma x
Evita the Akita chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Absolutely beautiful. : )
pembriaryahoo.com chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Lovely, really. Very moving. As a francophone myself, I thank you for this wonderful tribute to the GREATEST love story ever written. What sets this apart from other perspectives on Rostand's incredible play is the serene nobility you've bestowed upon Roxanne. Too many analysts/critics unfairly besmirch her significance and good character; I'm glad you accord her the proper respect here.

"When he strikes her with words, she beats him with memories." Simply took my breath away. She's no brittle flower, our Roxanne. I've always suspected she was every bit Cyrano's equal in matters of passion and insight. She was never the hollow, superficial, uncaring ditz others have suggested. Thank God you actually GET IT.

Your last line, "...he doesn’t fight Death when she finally takes him away," was poignant and heart-breaking. In my eyes, this is Cyrano's moment of redemption: facing death with great courage and conviction made possible only through the love of the one for whom he lived. He is made whole here, for the first and last time in his life. There is absolutely no grander way for a hero to pass on, and you've given it it's rightful dignity. Merci bien.
queenofsparta chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Oh. My. God. So. Beautiful. I've been obsessed with Cyrano for the last year. Ragueneau...so sweet, staying jolly. Poetry is all you need.

Plus, I love the metaphor of the tree and the trunk.

Plus, gah.

It's lovely. Well done.
mairzyjo chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
oh my God this is marvelous! I love Cyrano and was beginning to despair that I would ever see Cyrano fanfiction! You are very talented and obviously have a great love and understanding for Cyrano and things French.

I feel, like you, that Cyrano was driven by a great deal of anger, masqueraded, much of the time, by bravado. Awesome stuff. Would you consider writing more Cyrano ff?

Mary Jo