Reviews for Counting
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2017
wow... i was already emotional somehow just with the recap and then you put the image together at the end and ... wow
moonshadow2012 chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
Oh gosh I did not see that ending coming whatsoever. It started cute, and then got progressively darker. Great writing.
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Great fic! You ended it evilly. Fanfic writers are quite adept in this area.

I loved all the different things you did with each number, ranging all throughout Don's life. Very thoughtful, and very well written. Good job.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Oh wow. This is incredible! I loved how you related each little segments of the Eppes brothers' lives with numbers. The title matched perfectly with the story. A very fascinating format and way to tell the stories and memories of Charlie and Don as they grew up. I had to say that my favourites were:

/-Two-

There was knowing the numbers, and then there was knowing how to spell the numbers: for the longest time, Charlie couldn’t be convinced that ‘two’ was not spelt ‘too’, not that Don gave up trying./

/-Five-

He was five years old when suddenly, he wasn’t the only kid in the house. His mother had been growing bigger and bigger for almost a year but Don never had the guts to ask why. He’d been to school long enough to know that girls of all ages were a strangely sensitive bunch./

/-Fifteen-

Breathe twice into little brother’s mouth, and restart the cycle of fifteen chest compressions while wondering what the hell is taking the ambulance so freaking long./

Just loved each and every one of these. Great job!
epalladino chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Interesting arrangement. I didn't expect 15, but now understand why the story is called "Counting". Sometimes it takes but a moment like that to bring memories crowding into a persons' mind. Thanks for the fascinating read, Beth
ladylookslikeadude chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Coolness. I like it.
Rinne chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Awesome.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
There have been at least four times that he can remember laughing so hard that tears came to his eyes. One of those times was during that part of the Eppes’ life when the baby of the family had to learn how to drive: Dad had handled the main stuff the first day while Don, on a sudden impulse, had decided to be a backseat observer. The laughing had started shortly after a near death experience when Charlie, instead of pressing on the brake as their father had ordered, accidentally hit the accelerator, leading to a very interesting moment or two. The looks on his father’s and brother’s face were enough to send Don into a fit that had him holding his sides. A much milder version of this reaction would later turn out to be his standard response to near-death experiences, or as his brother would label it later after the shooting at the FBI office, ‘gallows humour’.

I accidently hit the gas all the time...it's not a pretty sight.

Although, typically I drvie a record-breaking speed of fifteen miles per hour! My driver's ed teacher calls me Grandma. She also says I give her whiplash, and her and my driver's ed partner waver between hysterical laughter and horrified looks of terror when I drive. roflmao.

Anyway, on to the story, I absolutely loved it, it was such an interesting look inside Don's mind. As always your writing is simply wonderful. And, Charlie had better be alive. Mmph. lol.
verbal acuity chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Oh, God...I need to know what happened to Charlie in fifteen. ): It's killing me. These were amazing, though. I can imagine the Charlie-driving thing. XD But this was just so in-character. Please, let us know what happened in the ending! I'm so curious!
ALEO chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Wow! Was not expecting fifteen!

I went back and re-read it and it made much more sense with the knowledge of what is really happening. It is really amazing in stressful situations how much can go through one's mind in such short period of time.

That ambulance better hurry...
printandpolish chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Wow - that end knocks your socks off. Great job.
newgal chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
I wasn't expecting that ending! Great job with the numb3rs. I really liked number 7 about the cell phone calls. I noticed that Don always has to answer those calls.
scc1fan chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
I had this sinking feeling that that's where this was going-but you did it very well.

Good job!

Kas
lizzie chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Whoa! You got me there at the end. Was not expecting it at all. Great job!
Tiro chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Interesting. I've always been weak to Don and Charlie fics, but this is someone who I think really reflects them and their relationship.