Reviews for Breach of Contract
lullabyJN chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
So I know you wrote this like forever ago...but I have to say that it was amazing!
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Heh, I wish it was that easy.
Starshinesoldier chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
this one had me grinning so widely! :3 Way to go Sammy! n_n
Susan82 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Wow. I step away from the site for 11 months and you go and write nearly a dozen stories! I guess I have some catching up to do!

Man, if only this could've really happened. I'm glad I was able to read this after watching the season finale. Knowing how it really went down made your oneshot all the more compelling and heartbreaking.

Sam's clever dealbreaker was a very cool idea. After all, the show had been hinting all along that Sam isn't exactly 100 percent Sam, and that definitely would be a vaild loophole in the contract. Although it was great that Dean could use that to get out of hell, it made me sad to see Sam realize just how different he really is.

“I just want to be me again… Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester’s pain in the ass little brother. That’s all.” Aw, Sammy! You just want to hug him!

Great oneshot! I apologize for the small review, but I'm beat. However, I wanted to read/review at least one of your stories before turning in. I can't wait to read the other offerings you've left, but I need to look at them with fresh eyes. Until next time! )
kirallie chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Nice way to get out of it. Will they fix whatever it is that was changed when Sam was brought back? Glad Dean didn't really let that admition get to him too much.
Cari chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Sam insulting the Demon was FUN
Von chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
FANTASTIC! I love it. Delicious solution.
timme chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
it was good, except for the beginning. last words and sam brings up Lisa and "normal"? what does that have to do with anything. she's nothing but one in a long string of girls (he just liked the kid and the representation of what he could have; almost anythings better than hell) and it didn't make much sense. can't wait to see how they solve it in the show (finale's next week!)
FeistyFeral chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Okay, I'm going to review as I read:

“Dean…” his younger brother’s voice was thick with emotion and it was almost his undoing.-I just started reading this and felt tears too!
Ihni chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
What WOULD happen if one tried to exorcise a human who wasn't possessed?
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Ah, was going thru my emails, and realized I'd missed quite a few updates from you-sorry! Love the new story, and sorry I missed an entire chapter fic and two others, but I do have a little time to catch up on this one shot. I also have to see fics where Dean gets out of his deal. Sometime before the third season ends maybe I can finish mine, lol.

Aww, perfect him patting the car. Darn, I really don't want him to die. And aww, Dean still not wanting to risk Sam. Oh, and had a thought-cool that he drove to the crossroads to go with the demon, otherwise he'd probably have had hellhounds after him. Although, there is a cool fic where Sam makes the hellhounds his pets, lol. But anyway...

Oh, love how your call her "litle miss demon", lol. And cool that there is a loophole, but aww, I want Sam to be our Sammy! But love how Dean calls him Sammy. Aww! Totally loved the ending! And okay, with Bobby on the case they can fix Sam, or maybe find a way to nullify this 'influence'. Coolness! Thanks for sharing this fic. Now we get to wait till April for more eps, so...you're writing more new chapters, right? :) Have a good rest of the day!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
I LOVED how clever this story was and the FANTASTIC loophole you found! I kind of hope they use that. I mean, they have been emphasizing about how Sam isn't 100% Sam and Sam's even shown that he's a lot stronger than he used to be so this loophole makes TOTAL sense to me. I LOVED the angle!

Fav. Parts:

Beside him, his younger brother stared out the side window, his gaze unblinking, his face blank. This was the end. Twelve months was up.

- sob!

Dean appreciated Bobby’s vigilance, uncertain what the next few hours held for either of them, but still determined that at least one of them would be okay. The older man would make sure his brother didn’t do anything too stupid and that was something; cold comfort kicked in the face of blazing heat. Oh God, he didn’t want to do this...

-AWESOME! So like Dean to think this way. I also love that Bobby is there with them. It's only right that he's there for Sam as he tried to be for Dean. Lesson learned though, I think Bobby would do everything to keep Sam from doing the same thing!

“Sam,” How could he walk away when his brother sounded like that? “Don’t.” There was nothing the younger hunter needed to say that Dean didn’t already know. Love ya too, bro…

-Still sobbing! Just the Winchester brother way of communicating.

Dean now regretted not taking off in the middle of the night. He was no good at good-byes, and especially not saying good-bye to Sam. He didn’t know how.

-sigh!

Dean swallowed hard, suddenly finding it painful to breathe. He was about to die.

*swallowing hard with him!

Sam exhaled loudly, offered him a wobbly smile and then pushed open the door. “Just for the record,” his brother’s hazel eyes burned with conviction, “I’ll never stop trying.” Then Sam stepped out of the car, straightened up to his full height, squared his shoulders and cast his shadow across the crossroads. And Dean had never felt more proud of the kid.

That’s my little bro…

A single tear betrayed him. He was going to miss Sam.

Patting the dashboard fondly, Dean picked the music for the last time and wished he could see the look on his brother’s face when Sam started the Impala and Johnny Cash blasted out of the stereo. John Winchester would be smiling.

“Take good care of him,” he whispered to the old car and then got out. It was time to go.

-OH! You KILLED ME HERE! AMAZING!

Bobby had wondered if they were ever going to leave the car. Not that he could blame them if they didn’t. He certainly hadn’t wanted this day to come any more than either of those boys and his heart broke for them. And for himself.

They were his boys now, but before the day was out, he’d have lost one and would have to fight to keep the other.

-LOVE BOBBY!

There had to be something they were missing. But between himself and Sam – and more recently Dean himself – they’d tried everything, coming up with nothing that would save Dean without risking Sam. And that was still something the protective older brother wouldn’t chance, regardless of how desperate he had become to get out of the deal.

- I LOVE how you portray Dean as still insisting that no risk be taken if it meant Sam would be hurt or put in danger. It's so Dean to insist on that point.

They should have still had the Colt. It wouldn’t get Dean out of his deal but it would sure as hell make sure the demon didn’t try for a twofer. Sam wasn’t protected. And then Dean stepped between the two and Bobby smiled. Yeah, actually, the kid was.

-Oh, I so love that even facing death, Dean still instinctively steps in front of Sam to protect him. It would make anyone proud!

“Oh tut, tut, Deanie, what’s the big hurry?” her stolen blue eyes roved over his shoulder and she smirked at Sam. “I can see why’d you want him back…” Her smile turned predatory. “He’s quite a treat.

- Edible is the perfect word for him!

“You can’t have him,” Sam gloated, pressing himself forward past his brother. “You guys broke the contract. You never held up your end of the bargain!”

-AWESOME!

Sam continued, his face shining in gloating triumph, “Breach of contract, bitch. You were supposed to give Dean back his little brother. You were supposed to bring ‘Sam’ back from the dead – but that’s not exactly what you did was it?” Cold fear leeched all the warmth from Dean’s body. What was Sam saying?

“You’re crazy,” the demon scoffed but the older Winchester ignored her; he was totally fixed on his brother. The yellow eyed demon’s words came back to haunt –

‘How sure are you that what you brought back was 100 Sammy?’

“Yes you brought me back, but it’s not pure me, is it?” Something dark flickered behind Sam’s expressive gaze, “You brought me back wrong and because of that, you can’t have him! The deal is null and void.”

If Dean’s knees hadn’t locked, he’d have been sitting on his ass.

“C’mon, bro,” Sam grasped his arm, “let’s go.”

- I SO LOVE THIS! It's perfect retribution and shows Sam's humanity despite he scary knowledge he was putting out there.

“Dean, I don’t know how else to explain it!” the exasperation in the kid’s voice almost made the older hunter smirk. Oh yeah, this was his Sammy. “All I know is there’s something different – I feel different. It’s like there’s something that they,” he tipped his head towards where the demon had disappeared, “put here…” He lowered his gaze and admitted quietly, “and I don’t like it.” When Sam raised his head again, the amount of anguish on his face was Dean’s undoing. “I just want to be me again… Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester’s pain in the ass little brother. That’s all.”

-WONDERFUL!

Turning back to Sam, Dean cocked an eyebrow, “Don’t you mean Sammy Winchester? And don’t worry, dude, you most definitely are a pain in my ass, little brother.” A brief but powerful dimpled smile was his reward and somehow that made things all right again. Nudging him to move, Dean added, “C’mon, let’s go talk to Bobby. Maybe he’ll have some ideas about this ‘influence’ of yours…” he grinned suddenly feeling lighter then he had in a year. “Of course if we say it’s a bad influence he might try exorcising me!”

-This touch of humor is pitch perfect for the brothers and I LOVE it!

The aging demon hunter just wished the kid had shared it with him before now - it could have spared a couple of years on his life! Didn’t that boy realize he wasn’t getting any younger?

- HILARIOUS and SO fits Bobby's voice.

Sam’s laughter as the brothers strode towards him made Bobby smile. It was a sound he hadn’t heard in a while and as infectious now as it had been when Sam was a child. His heart swelled with pride. “Good boy,” he whispered as he slapped his baseball hat on his head and got out of the car to meet them.

-so sweet! So fatherly!

“What? Fighting a war wasn’t enough for you?” the old man grumbled but there was no heat behind his words.

-Cute and funny! Again, so Bobby!

Bobby stole another glance at the youngest Winchester but Sam wasn’t looking at him; he was looking at his brother – drinking him in like water in the desert and the grizzled older hunter couldn’t help but chuckle.

Yeah, these were his boys.

- BEAUTIFUL observation!

There’d be no evil boys on his watch.

-cute and funny again!

Great story!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Very twisty! Clever of you to use the show's own loose end to tie up another. And Bobby's last line cracked me up. Neat job!
talon81 chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Somehow in the eleventh hour the kid had pulled a Dean-sized rabbit out of a hat. lol that is great! :)
Kyriebess chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
...I wish the show would tie that up already. I loved your version of how the deal could be undone. Them not bringing ALL of Sammy back and therefore not keeping up their end of the bargain...That was very creative thinking. And of course, your dialogue was incredible- funny and moving- as always.

LOVED Sammy saving the day too. I loved it. Thanks for writing it!