Reviews for Calm After the Storm
jcampbellohten chapter 10 . 3/18/2014
Well, that was shorter than I expected, in terms of things happening. Umm... On to the next one, I guess. Hopefully the kid remembers Ichigo's name long enough to ask about him when he gets to Soul Society; souls usually forget almost everything from their previous life when they get sent on.
jcampbellohten chapter 9 . 3/18/2014
Okay, I was partly right about the pic.

As a reader I like that the defendants are calling the 46 on their bullshit, even if their arguments are kind of basic and it seems somewhat unrealistic that they'd let anyone speak out so much (except maybe Ichigo, if they're so afraid of him). However, Ichigo has no reason (and I would think no desire) to subjugate himself to Soul Society and be bound by their laws. This is doubly true for the full-humans and triply true for Ishida. Ichigo may secretly want a limiter, okay, but I see no reason for them to be so acquiescent like they are.
jcampbellohten chapter 7 . 3/18/2014
It seems pretty obvious to me: he merged with his Hollow. From the start it was either that or he'd developed a split-personality, and after the "flashback" it could only be a merge. Also, (and I just thought of this) I'm guessing it's still incomplete and when they totally merge 50-50 he'll look like the profile pic for this fic? You said the Getsuga was more-blue-than-purple, after all.
jcampbellohten chapter 4 . 3/18/2014
Oh geez, the Central 46 again. I guess it could be for a positive reason, but then where's the conflict?

Although from the narrator I appreciate this level of sophisticated prose, I think it's pretty OoC for Ichigo to talk like that. Also, it might be different after he's been in a prolonged military situation with them, but Ichigo doesn't usually refer to the Captains and Vice-Captains by their titles. He uses -san for Unohana, Kyouraku, Komamura, and Ukitake (and Matsumoto, Hisagi, and anyone else he is merely acquainted with) and calls Byakuya, Toushiro, and Kenpachi by their first names. He calls Yamamoto jii-san, I believe, and I don't know what he would call Soi Fon or Kurotsuchi but I believe it would be those names with or without -san. Again, though, that could have been changed with a military situation if Ichigo decided to follow military protocols, though I doubt it.
jcampbellohten chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
Please, please, please don't put A/Ns in the middle of a chapter, especially not ones as otherwise well-written as these are so far. If you feel the need to defend yourself (which I don't think you needed to do), do it at the end of the chapter instead of breaking up the great atmosphere you've built.
Inuyashaket27 chapter 11 . 5/10/2013
Wow, I totally loved reading it. Actually I started with its sequel and it got me curious enough to read it.
Elise chapter 11 . 12/7/2012
Great story. Really amazing.
dalulzing chapter 10 . 11/6/2012
this need to continue. What has Ichigo's slowly growing and leaking reiatsu done to the world when even the little bit required to see ghosts affected his close friends.
Barranca chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
This is harsh, seeing as life slips through your fingers and everything you love blows away on the wind while you remain. It's a cruel punishment indeed. I'd say I wish the soul society had to ask for Ichigo's help and would be rebuffed, but anything that affects the afterlife that much would also have ripples in the living world.
LoveDragonsForever chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
Poor Ichigo... :(
DeathRider25 chapter 10 . 6/19/2012
LOVED your story. I am ashamed that I haven't read it sooner.
wolfeclipse25 chapter 11 . 2/22/2012
This story was amazing! Ichigo sounds so nmuch more mature...
raae chapter 11 . 1/14/2011
wow this was... amazing. This tops the list as one of my favorite fics. I can't wait to read the sequel!
Nate chapter 4 . 12/24/2010
Wow...that was intense. Very nice *thumbsup*

i like this story of yours because, it focus on the reality of the psychological implications of the 'save the world' thing on a 16 yr old. I wished they focused a little more on it in the manga.

All in all, good read.

Cheers
KurukiXV chapter 10 . 8/8/2010
I really enjoyed reading this story :)