Reviews for A Normal Life
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This was absolutely heartbreaking and I LOVED it. Sam's pain and disappointment was palpable, the loss of hope even more so. The fact that Dean basically moved on without Sam...hard to imagine, but somehow not far-reaching.

Between the two of them, I've always thought that Dean would be the one to find love, to find a family, over Sam. And while my heart swelled for Dean here, finally getting what he wants and deserves, my heart also broke for Sam, being left behind.

You dealt with everything so beautifully, very poignant and well-written. Great work. :)
Kiwee chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I-oh Sammy, why you gotta make me cry like this?
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
wow, I can't believe how much that broke my heart
Tomorrows Dust chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh my God, that actually hurt to read! Fabulous, absolutely masterfully done, great job!

Huggels, Tomorrows Dust
Von chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
So sad. :D Man, talk about the angst. It's delicious, of course! I'd love to see it from Dean's perspective, although I guess he obviously didn't care about Sam quite as much anymore - not now that he had new things to focus his love on. A few calls? A few 'I thought you were coming to visit'?

Damn. Leaving Sam all alone to hunt, without even trying to help his brother find something safer.. It's strange. I'm torn between being happy for Dean that he found something he deserved to have and very dissapointed in him for just leaving Sam to deal with the life he himself had helped drag him back into. You get the impression that if he heard Sam had died on a job, he'd just shrug and maybe have a glass of whiskey to day goodbye or name a kid after him or something.

Ah well.

Great job!
Lactuca chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Okay, this is why I can't read fics where one of the boys has kids. It's sadder than deathfic, or hellfic, or apocafic. I want Sam and Dean all codependent and alone against a sea misfortune together! I know I shouldn't be angry at Dean for wanting and having a life, but I am anyway!

-goes off to read as many angsty love-each-other-so-much fics as possible before bed-
Von chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Aw man this had me BAWLING!

I'd love the angst of this story (I do a little) If Dean hadn't seemed so selfish and almost cruel.. he tore Sam from his perfect, normal life out of a selfish desire for his company and then he drops Sam like he's nothing.. without even an apology...

WAH! How depressing!
FluffNutter chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
wow - this is an angle i never considered. well done.
hpficfiendtheoriginal chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
That was so achingly sad. It was beautifully written but honestly made me cry. While I can't say I see either brother abandoning the other, no matter what happens, you still managed to capture both characters. And I don't think you meant for it to be abandonment, per se, more Sam letting Dean have his "normal" life - but I do think Dean would track Sam down and smack some sense into him. Sequel maybe? *Hint, hint*

I've been a fan of your stuff (especially your Numb3rs fics - some of the best) for awhile and will continue to be one. Thanks for sharing this...even if I probably will never be able to read it again. To heartbreaking!

This is without a doubt the ultimate "whump" fic!
Zaynnie chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
This was THE saddest fanfiction I have ever read...I don't know how else to put it. Well done, but I couldn't read it again even if I wanted to...It actually hurts my heart a little to think about being alone like that, well done.
Sarie chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Hey! I am from Grants Pass, but you made this story so sad! Good job!
Nicki chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
That was so sad and awesome. Great job! Poor Sammy! The one Winchester who always craved the "normal" life never got it after all :(

Would love to see Deans POV on this. See what he thinks of Sam not being around anymore.