Reviews for Weasley Family Heartbreak
brigrove chapter 62 . 1/5/2009
beautiful ending to beautiful story
brigrove chapter 49 . 1/5/2009
How come Katie didn't know if half the wizarding world knew to come to his funeral?

There was another inconsistency I spotted about 20 or 30 chapters ago, but by the time I finished the chapter, it was so engrossed in the story, I'd forgotten what it was. That's how good it is
brigrove chapter 11 . 1/4/2009
probably the single most emotional line in this emotional story, Ginny's question at the end of the chapter
myfavor8things chapter 38 . 12/6/2008
I don't know why I keep reading this...it is terrible. No, I mean, it is wonderful, but oh my god-all the tissues!
JJ Rust chapter 62 . 11/27/2008
Good way to end this. You handled Ginny really well in this one. I liked the way she took charge here to get Ron and Hermione to hash out everything regarding Fred and Arthur. Even though I'm a guy, I have to admit, the scene with Hermione placing flowers at Fred and Arthur's graves gave me a pang in the chest. Well done! I hope you'll get back to "Charlie's Return" soon or produce another new fic.
chocoluvr chapter 62 . 11/25/2008
Good ending to their story in showing how both Ron and Hermione miss both Arthur and Fred.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 62 . 11/23/2008
I'm sorry for being a little late in reviewing this. I don't really have any excuse, just that I've been kind of in denial that this story would now be completely over. As long as I still had this epilogue left ro read, it wasn't over for me, and well, now it is. And that's why it's taken me a bit to get to it. Because it is simply too amazing to end. But I'm sorry anyway, because you deserved a fast review...

First of all, I LOVE that you did Ron and Hermione's wedding day too. The perfect epilogue. Really.

The start was definitely intriguing. For a moment, I was a bit scared, but then I realized - just like Ginny said - that Death Eaters would not knock before they attacked... Even so, I love Harry's chivalry, making sure to be in front of her.

Then Ron's entrance - perfect. And I love how, at first, his freakout was simply amusing, but then it changed into heartbreaking as we realized what he was really bothered about. But I do love his reasoning about how Hermione would dump him for tripping... And then he broke down for real. As did I, let me tell you! Ginny's memories on how she realized Fred and Arthur were still there were perfect, and Ron's breakdown was just... heart-wrenching. It isn't fair!

And, while I do think he was stupid for not wanting to talk to Hermione, it's sweet that he wanted to make sure that day was as perfect as possible for her...

The little scenes with Carol and Molly and Richard and Bill were sweet too.

Hermione's nervous breakdowns were just right. Because this would not just be hard for him, of course it wouldn't! And I'm glad that her needing him forced him to see that too. The little Ron and Bill interaction was perfect. And I love that, even when he didn't want her to see him in that state, he still came to her when he knew she needed him.

I love how they just stood there, looking at each other. And that she was the one who suggested going to the cemetery. He didn't have to bring it up and feel guilty for ruining her day, but it still got said and they both needed it.

You did cheat us a bit on the actual wedding ceremony and party... I get why, since you did do that in the last chapter with Harry and Ginny, but still...

Not that this wasn't pretty perfect the way it was, of course. Because that finish... Yeah, it was the perfect ending. Even if I hate that it was an ending, I really can't complain with how it was done. It was wonderful. All of this was. The whole story. Thank you so much for giving it to us!

I really hope you'll get started on something new soon. I love having something to wait for from you.
FinnFiona chapter 62 . 11/21/2008
Holy flying updates, Batman! ;) I was so excited to see this in my inbox-I'm so, so sorry it took me so long to get to it. I know I say it a lot, but busy doesn't even begin to describe my life lately-but know it was killing me to put it off. But anyhow, here I am now, and this was so lovely, completely worth the wait...!

As for an actual review... :) So sad to have pre-wedding gitters exacerbated by what they've been through... beautiful scene with Harry and Gin, though. And Molly and the Grangers-Hermione as a daughter-such a nice touch. I feel a bit badly for Ron to have such verbal abuse from Ginny, but perhaps it was what he needed... and I love, love, love that just seeing each other made them feel better. And the double meaning of taking so long to get to her-perfect. I really like the sort of bittersweet, simple ending as well. Just lovely, all the way around.

Such a wonderful story, Steph, I'm glad you finally finsihed it. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up soon. But until then-take care! :) ~Fi
little0bird chapter 62 . 11/19/2008
It's about time you posted this, missy!

I'm glad the wheels started turning again for you. But it was a bit of a shock to see the name Richard... you know why (believe me, the event which shall remain unnamed unnerved me as much as it did you...)

I love how you made Arthur and Fred appear for Ginny and Harry's wedding. :) The banana peel was classic. :) But even better was Hermione splitting her bouquet between Arthur and Fred. It was a lovely way for her to include them on a more... corporeal plane... shall we say?

It's a nice ending. The relative lack of drama (other than Ron's nerves, but that's Ron) was a lovely coda to a story that has so much heartache to it.

Thank you.
SaintRidley chapter 62 . 11/19/2008
Thank you for giving us this moving and beautiful story.
Hermione09Weasley chapter 62 . 11/18/2008
that was amazing and sad! i'm sorry that this is the end...
Dumbledore-The-Phoenix chapter 62 . 11/17/2008
*sigh* I will miss this story.

... new story time? :D? eh?
NPeaches chapter 62 . 11/17/2008
I've been waiting for AGES for this last chapter. Thanks so much for brightening my otherwise sucky day. Great chapter, great story-I've been following it for a long time, and I'm sad to see it end. Great job!

NPeaches
Bad Mum chapter 62 . 11/17/2008
Perfect ending - I'm so glad you got round to it at last! I love how Ron turned up on the doorstep, and how Ginny understood him. Just wonderful.
sarahfeliciam chapter 62 . 11/17/2008
I cannot tell you how great this was! Tje only compliment i can give you is I was close to tears, and anyone who can bring me close to tears is a miracle worker! Congrats! I loved it.
1,520 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »