Reviews for Before I Die
Nietzsche's Itch chapter 2 . 10/21/2010
Two words. Golden retriever. EXCELLENT. The rest is very nice too though :)
Angel101 chapter 2 . 9/3/2008
Hey! I love this story! Mabee you could make it a series or something? It would be nice to read more stories like this! Anyways... I still think it's awsome even after reading it twice!
Koakuma Tsuri chapter 2 . 7/12/2008
who! Continue! This is just lovely! The angst and the back ground of the characters, awesome!
Koakuma Tsuri chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
D'aww that was lovely and sad! *sniffles* So beautiful!
Viva-taquitos chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
The conversation between Genesis and Sephiroth was completely what I would expect. It was civil, awkward, but kinda 'awhish,' if you know what I mean. It was unnaturally natural, if that makes sense. Really, really swell job.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
Aww, the part at the end where they're talking about Genesis' nicknames is so adorable in a way! That was my favorite part.

... Okay, now I have this awesome plunnie about Genesis' favorite Earth-authors. I think he'd like the language of Shakespeare, and he'd be fascinated with American authors of the '20s like Fitzgerald and Hemingway... and he'd wonder what the deal was with Harry Potter. :D
Rai Science chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
ohh! how sweet! please write more for this if you can!
1wngdngl chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
I admit, I was very surprised to see an update to /this/ story in my inbox. o-o

This one made me smile :) And wish /very/ much that something like this "official" became part of the T&D storyline. With everyone else reconnecting and sorting things out, it would be icing on the cake. Not that you have to, of course, but I bet a lot of readers would like to see that.
NoBuddy chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
Thank you for the dedication. It's highly appreciated.

You go very well with the CC canon in what concerns Gen. It really fits. Let's hope Genesis will put his inner strength to good use to overcome his foolish larger-than-life pride and agree to work with Seph. His sharp and cunning mind might prove to be gold for Jenova Corp. I can see him help Seph smack the Rakesh brothers next time, heh!

I think these two will prove to be the most resourceful and rewarding subject to write about in the future around here. Brainstorm and conflicts all the way.

As for good ole Gen and new quoting material... heheh! Someday, after chewing down every last work of Shakespeare, he might as well put on paper his own vision of life and end up quoting himself, so beware!
Kazaam chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
I really liked how this turned out!

It's great how Seph and Genesis finally talked through things to come to an understanding. I definitely hope that by starting again, they'll be able to gain at least some of what they once had! And maybe this time, they'll be a bit more open with each other, so such misunderstandings don't occur again.

And yay for Genesis discovering Shakespeare! Yet more things for him to quote. At least there'll be more variety. XD
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 2 . 2/12/2008
Trust Genesis to go find something else to quote. :D Of course with the esteem Shakespeare's held in it should hopefully prove less annoying than the constant stream of Loveless.
NoBuddy chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Aw, there you killed somebody again. (bangs head against the wall). And it had to be Genesis this time.

I mean, come on, Sephiroth was forgiven by his friends for almost destroying the entire Gaia and for tearing all their lives apart but he can't bring himself to patch things up with Genesis? Doesn't seem like him.

You might give the poor guy another chance. After all, he definitely had his share of misfortune. If Sephiroth deserves to get some peace in his life after all he has done, why not Genesis too?
1wngdngl chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Ooh, creepy. I have to admit, I like this very complicated relationship just as much. This story sounds like it takes place just before that blurb in your journal, right?

Part of me here is saying "No, don't be dead!", because then there's no chance to make amends :(
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
...Ngaah, this makes me so excited for next month. XD It better not get pushed back-!

Anywho, interesting drabble. These two seem fascinating to explore. 3
Kazaam chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
It's so awful the things that had happened because of Jenova and Hojo! Though I guess it's really Genesis's jealousy that started it, and allowed things to get so bad, isn't it? I'm not sure I fully realized that before. He didn't seem to really make the effort to understand Seph. I wonder if it's possible to forgive something like that... Especially if it's so hard to really know if the person had truly changed.

The whole thing's such a tragic situation! Neither one knowing how to begin fixing things, and the regret over what they once had that was lost... I hope it's possible to get over that, but it doesn't seem that things would ever be the same.

I definitely like how you wrote this! Genesis sounds great, and I always look forward to seeing him. I could definitely see this happening.