Reviews for The Mission
EliaEnoa chapter 1 . 6/29
Fun little read, entertaining enough to force me to see what else you have done
macdjord chapter 1 . 6/3
*sigh* Decent idea, nice little feel-good power romp - but what the /heck/ were you going for with Dumbledore? What the heck is his motivation supposed to be? Or is he /supposed/ to be acting like a total bloody moron?
Okay, so Harry grows up elsewhere, powerful an independent, and Dumbledore wants to drag Harry back into his machinations, whether he likes it or not, right? So why does it seem like he's going out of his way to annoy and alienate Harry at every opportunity?

Take the name. Dumbledore wants to establish the kind of grandfatherly rapport he had with Canon!Harry, so he speaks softly and calls Harry by his given name. But why would he keep trying that after it became obvious that it was just irritating him? If he didn't want to acknowledge Harry's title, he could at least use 'Mr. Potter' (which, incidentally, is what Canon!Dumbledore uses in public anyway) - it would even be defensible; whatever Harry's titles in Konoha, he is not a member of the British peerage.

Or the thing with the lake hostage. Harry had publicly threatened to /kill/ Dumbledore if he went through with that. Even if Dumbledore didn't believe Harry could do so, he had to have known it would irredeemably mark him as an enemy in Harry's mind. What did he think he would get out of it? How did he think it would help? He could have just walked up to Naruto and /asked/ him to volunteer, saying that the tournament required it, and if it was him then the girls would be safe.

Dumbledore also manages to consistently exert his authority just enough to piss Harry off without actually going far enough to have a hope of winning - even when he's in the right. "I don't care what Konoha law says. You are not in Konoha, you are in Britain, and you do /not/ have the automatic right to challenge judges to a Death duel if you disagree with their scoring." "While your desire to defend your friend's honour is admirable, Mr. Potter, British law does not consider childish nicknames as ground for homicide. If you follow through on that threat you /will/ be turned over to the Aurors and tried for murder." "Ambassador, you say? Well, that certainly changes things - if you'll just present your diplomatic credentials, then, because I'm afraid the foreign office seems to have lost the copies they must have received."

Basically, instead of Dumbledore being a character, who has goals and flaws and acts accordingly, you've turned him into an automaton mindlessly repeating whichever canon behaviour would most piss Harry off - regardless of whether it is appropriate in any way to the situation he is actually in. And that turns what could be a descent fic into a farce.
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 5/13
Great story here. I loved it.
gearworks of ff chapter 1 . 4/24
excellent
Japanese style for speed and story
smooth flow and a good read
little overpowered but not unreasonably so
(at least compared to various games)
keep it up
xenomorphlover4321 chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
best one shot harry potter naruto story i have read in six years
noreenklose chapter 1 . 4/25/2014

this story is awesome
Unicornkatt chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Type your review here...
ravenousreader chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Awesome story. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
epic to the extreme... i love that Harry even got to tear into Dumbledore like that... thanks for the wonderful read!
entelejent chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
A fairly good read. Harry's powers are pretty well thought out. His formidability should be shown better at the beginning; he seems skilled but not the best at that point in time, which makes it strange when his abilities are shown. Since Harry reveals various personality traits and this is a oneshot, there isn't enough information to understand him, and he feels jerky.
keichan2 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
A nice idea! Well executed, too! (most authors tend to forget that ninjas ARE killers…)
I will confess that I would love to read Harry’s adventures in Konoha… I’m sure his childhood alongside Naruto would be fun to read and I’m curious about how he gathered his girls…

Thanks for sharing!
agnar chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I realize its needed for the fic, but it felt off that voldemort in his baby form, which is clearly weak, was able to power through harrys protections. It also felt off that harrys lightning bolt that kicked albus' ass just bounced off LV's shield. Albus held LV to a draw a year later in canon so LV was NOT that much stronger than DD, especially just after regaining his body.