Reviews for Another Life
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
I like the feeling of "That's my boy" from Dean at the end. OK, it was subtle in the entire piece, but it was stated at the end - doubly stated, as Sam getting welcomed into circle of friends, and how Sam was different than they were, "having already witnessed more death than any of these kids would know in their whole lifetimes."
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Ah, sad that Sam's touched by a death from the one place he thought would be safe from stuff like that. Although, after Jess he really should have known better. Unfortunately. That's life. Dean is an awesome brother, just dropping everything like that because Sammy needs it. And asking the questions and listening to stuff about people he doesn't even know just because Sam needs to talk about it.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Sad but well written fic, showing yet again that Dean knows just what to do for his little brother. Did wonder though if Ryan was from Utah why the funeral was in Northern California, but guess it was because he was at college there, just ignore my random mine, it is late here and I may not be functioning on all cylinders!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Sad... But well, everyone will die someday. That's sad but is true anyway.

Pretty cool fic You showed Sam fellings pretty well D

Kisses

Rosetta
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
It sounds sadistic to say it, but I liked reading about the death of another one of Sam's friends because the way this is written offers another look at the closeness that Dean and Sam share with one another. It also shows how understanding Dean can be, despite his preference for avoiding chick-flick moments.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Just before Dean asked the question, I thought, I'll bet he didn't really grieve properly for Jess and this just brought it all out.

Very nicely laid out.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
So sad, but very good! "my wife saw something and kept nagging me until I took a look" I love it!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
You did a beautiful job with this. You provided real emotions and honest reactions for both characters, describing everything with such clarity. And, for what it's worth, I think this is one of the most touching and heart-felt passages I've read in a very long time:

Sam flattened his lips. “Dude, just stop with the Oprah crap already, okay? I don’t—”

“Sam,” he said quietly, meeting his brother’s gaze directly. “Why do you think Dad always avoided funerals?”

Sam stared back at him until his eyes filled. Then he just sucked in a breath and dropped his head, nodding.

Dean rested a hand loosely on the back of his neck as they sat together in silence and watched for dawn.

Thank you for another beautiful story. I've actually read quite a few of yours over the weekend and now it's time to play "catch up" with the reviews because each one deserves a showering of praise.