Reviews for The Darkness Stirs
Dunadan Ranger chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
Hey, this is a good story, don't get me wrong -however, for future reference in colonial tines (and for a long time afterword), traitors were hung immediately after being tried, if they were tried. But you really ought to keep writing this, it's good.
evilquail chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
I really like this and am very excited to see what happens next
LuckyLadybug chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
Aww, a kitten. X3 So cute! **reminded of that book Lisa mentioned where he had a cat.**

The girl saying he isn't a monster is very poignant.

I like the mention of the Notre Dame bells.

The picture painted of the library is very vivid. X3 And him reading about the traitor and comparing their stories is so sad, especially him thinking that he was the one betrayed and yet his life has been so miserable. And the comparison of their faces and hearts ... very well-written.

The realization that he's become what they intended is so heart-breaking.

LOL, the kitten finding fried food. Awesome. I love how you ended this.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You know, I never did read the first part of this. XD; **so does so.** Heartbreaking, especially about his horrible mother, and about the parrot being treated better than him.

The stranger does sound like Dartz in some ways, as you said you'd somewhat intended, though in other ways I can't quite see it as being him. His first line, for instance, I think needs a bit of tweaking to sound more like his speech pattern. Mainly, though, I thought Dartz thought he was one of the few pure people in the world and that most everyone else was living in the darkness. XD; So I don't know that he'd be talking as if he was living in the darkness. But I'll have to double-check his speeches; sometimes characters seem to contradict themselves.

I really like the whole theme of light versus darkness depicted here, and how Erik realizes that now he's turned to the dark, he can't go back to the light. And that the light never did anything for him anyway.
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
kitchenfoodgood. hooray! ! ! :) kitty catcompanygood. hooray! ! ! update(insert transition thingymabober)good. hooray! ! ! ! i'm kinda in the middle of a homework assignment that's due tomorrow that's taking forever, so i can't say much more...so...great chapter, PLEASE UPDATE SOON! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
This is awesome, and yay Background for Beneath The Valley. :)

I loved it.

TDH
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
wow, great story so far! you should definitely continue it!
Keyklee chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
What a beautiful oneshot! I wish youd make a story out of it.

You have an amazingly beautiful style of writing.

This makes my heart break for the little Erik, and Im amazed how realistic it seems to me, I mean, I can really imagine it happening like this. Thank you very much for this story!
LadyBastet92 chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Aww, so you're not continuing it? :( Oh well, it makes a nice one-shot on it' own. Great job! My only complain is that there wasn't much emotion in it, and the part where Erik kills the man to goes to the Opera house is rather rushed. But very good job!
Truth Questor chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Very interesting. It's good to see something that highlights Erik's embrace of darkness.

There's a 't' missing in the last sentence, though. Just thought I'd point that out.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
It's a great story, please continue.

TDH
Bearer of Christ chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
I really liked your story, though I wished you would have prolonged his, how shall I put this, "stay" in the cage.

Maybe have him escape a few chapters in?

I don't know.

What I do know is that I very much enjoyed your tale, and I am hopping that there will be more instalments.

Your New-Found Phan,