Reviews for Wishes of the Soul
Ranuel chapter 4 . 5/24/2008
Oh, the ending was so beautiful.
impulse960 chapter 4 . 3/14/2008
I just found this story to read. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it.

This was, in all honesty, one of the best stories I have read in a very, very long time. Your writing style is superb. You really know how to draw a reader into the story. My heart was breaking for Inuyasha. I almost started crying.

I loved the last chapter. What Midoriko did for Inuyasha was something that I never dreamed of. And I don't think any other author has either. I plan on reading the sequel to this story, and going back and reading all your other stories too.
inumom chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I greatly enjoy all your fanfics, but I especially enjoyed this one. I do not recall an ending such as this in any other fic yet it leads to a resolution of the issues brought up - Kagome's immaturity, Inuyasha;s defensiveness and poor self esteem, and Sesshoumaru's commitment to being a better older brother. I particularly like that you pick up on Kagome's immaturity in your fanfics without bashing her. As a more mature (ahem!) fan of Inuyasha, I dislike Kagome's treatment of Inuyasha, yet much of this is due to her lack of maturity and not malice. As for Inuyasha, he needs both time and healing to be able to successfully have a relationship with anyone. Great work!
Bibi11 chapter 4 . 2/19/2008
Wonderful wrap-up! I especially enjoyed the moment Inuyasha had with his second 'Mama', Mrs. Higurashi.

Midoriko is quite the diplomat with Kagome; she only lets on that she will get the chance to apologize to Inuyasha. Not that they will become mates. But was Kagome really listening to the rest of her words and some of what it could mean?

Such as Inuyasha will have 500 years or so to remember all the stupid things that she punished him for because either she truly didn't understand his viewpoint or didn't want to. She conveniently forgot that his kotodama was to be used only if he attacked her. It was sad that she still couldn't let go of her control issues, and didn't remove Inuyasha's kotodama until the last moment when it was blatantly obvious that she could and would no longer be able to make him obey only her. Really, really, selfish.

A most wonderful ending; the Inu brothers together at last! Sesshoumaru will be the brother that Inuyasha needs and Sesshoumaru will gain the same thing. For sure there will rocky spots between them when Inuyasha's memories start to come back. But they will have a backlog of being true brothers to each other to see them through it.

Thanks again for writing this story! I really enjoyed it!
kokoronagomu chapter 4 . 2/16/2008
and now there are 'happy tears' dripping down my face.

one wants to know if there will be an epilogue?

i have been touched... it is a warm fuzzy feeling.

ginny
wbaker5286 chapter 4 . 2/14/2008
i loved what you did with this story. i really couldn't see how you would work everything out in just one chapter, but you did.

the interaction between inuyasha and mama was so touching

i would really like to know how his new life changed inuyasha, and how his future meeting with kagome went, but this story is perfect just the way it is.

thank you so much for putting so much thought and work into it, and then sharing it with us.
Inudaughter chapter 4 . 2/14/2008
Wow I say, I've never heard of that ending before!
clemar chapter 4 . 2/13/2008
I have just finished reading chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4. I loved reading your story. I was very surpised by the ending. Please continue writing the story of Inuyasha growing up. I look forward to reading more of this story in the future.
MadeNew chapter 4 . 2/13/2008
I did like the ending. It had its sadness, but also happiness, just the right combination. Happily-ever-after stories are fine - but they just aren't...real. Yours was perfect. I'm crying now. I love it. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
InuGoddess715 chapter 4 . 2/13/2008
NICE finish. That was a good way to resolve that. A lot of Inuyasha's issues are simply because his childhood was so unhappy. And it would have been hard for Inuyasha and Kagome to reconcile the way things happened in this story. But, now they BOTH have the chance to grow up and become the people they're meant to be. AND Sesshoumaru has also been given a wonderful opportunity to right the great wrong he committed. This was different and well done...I really enjoyed it.
Bibi11 chapter 3 . 2/13/2008
Wow! Didn't see that coming! Now I know why Sess was acting so strangely; he was showing too many emotions. Nice job!

After reading this part of the story, I still think that Inuyasha would be better off without Kagome. He should send her home. If we believe that loyalty to a promise or ideal or person is a cornerstone of Inu Youki culture, Kagome dissed it completely with her behavior. If it had really been Sesshoumaru and he was testing her, she failed! Her shared soul with Kikyou might have 500 years of learning, but she still doesn't get it as far as Inuyasha is concerned. And at last we get to see her yell, well almost...lol, at Shippou. Maybe next time!

Inuyasha seems to have made a quantum leap forward in maturing; a side benefit of the deep thinking and re-evaluation he was forced to do courtesy of Naraku. He fought as a team member with allies, and his brother, without hesitation or trying to run the battle his way. He's guarding his heart much more closely too.

Looking forward to your next chapter. Thanks for another great story!
Inudaughter chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
No! That's too cruel! Kagome can't do that to Inuyasha! Although shifts in pack leadership is an interesting idea.
kokoronagomu chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
at first in this chapter, my heart hurt, the only way i could describe it. i think the fondness for the characters of inuyasha has grown to be an obsession and i believe i have to go in for some psychological counseling and electroshock therapy or something...

*sighs in relief* i really feared reading this and i was on the verge of tears. i feel much better now.

the boy doesn't have too much to really get so mad about because (canon manga) first he had asked kagome to stay with him always then when the mononoke was extracting kagome's soul for the kikyo's shell yasha called kikyo's name and that's all it took to remove it from kagome. it was his fault she was missing part of herself and then he chose a bucket of bones and grave soil with a stolen piece of kagome over kagome (that's really twisted). he got to kiss kikyo in front of kagome so now kagome got to kiss a facsimile of sesshoumaru... she's learned her lesson, did he learn his?

now that i'm dizzy... good chapter, i'm glad this isn't turning into a kag/sess *cringes* and it looks like there will be a need for some heavy communication and understanding for the happy ending i crave, i shall leave you to it then.

ginny
MadeNew chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
Ow...excellent story. Painful. I feel bad for both Kagome and InuYasha. That had to be rough.
wbaker5286 chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
my, you do update quickly! it makes me so happy to see the notice of a new chapter come in.

i'm really, really glad that you didn't make this a sesshoumaru/kagome story. i have quite a bit of trouble reading those. after the last chapter, i thought that was the direction you were going to go, but that's what you wanted me to think, isn't it?

i really liked all the action in this chapter. i liked all the emotions more, though. if you have plans for inuyasha and kagome being together, it will take a lot of work. if you have plans for another pairing, i will just have to wait and see what it will be.

in any case, i would like to thank you for the continuing enjoyment i have found in your writings.