Reviews for Hold the Dream
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I love this story so much. That DALDOM epi really got to me. I guess kind of like it did Dean. LOL

Thank you for writing this. It really kicks it in the ass.

I know I'll be rereading this one in the future. It's too bad we only get one review. Many times when I've reread something, I've gained something new or saw something I missed the first time.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Aw...sweet story! I always wondered what Dean would do and think after the Dream Root incindent! Guess in a way you told me! :) Great Work!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
oh my you have just made me so happy! I want Dean to open up to Sam so badly but you know i dont think they would get it right LOL... you on the other hand gave me exactly what i wanted... great job with this one... can't wait for this weeks episode!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Amazing story.

I love the fact that Dean remembers his dad sitting beside him at the hospital, saying nothing and calling no-one for help.

It was special to see the mighty John Winchester with nothing to say to his dying oldest son. Maybe he was afraid he let out part of the plan to save him and Dean would wake up just so he wouldn't have to go through it...

It's also special to see Sam defend his father's actions...
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Good job! Excellent voices for Dean and Sam. That part of the episode was bothering me, too. We KNOW John loved his sons. This is the conversation I wanted to see, with Sam telling Dean he DOES have worth, that he is a good man, and he helps people all the time and never expects to be paid, or even thanked.

Did find one typo.."Didn’t ever boy want to be like his dad?" think it should be "every".

Loved that Sam told him he wanted to be like Dean. Not sure that's true, but it made Dean feel better ;)
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Great one-shot! I loved how you wrote Dean! This could absolutely have happened after the episode I think, you got it down perfectly. Thanks for writing :o)
kamelion chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I SO want Dean to talk to Sam about what happened in his dream...thanks for this!
ROBINV chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Excellent! I could hear them saying this and it rang perfectly in my ears! You know the characters so well, I just loved this! Love, Robin
lunarchild62 chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Aw, this is so sad. Gets in line to give Dean a big hug, the boy needs one bad. Good story.
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
This is what I would have liked to have seen happen on the show- great job.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
That was good. That scene where Dean faces himself in his dream was wrenching.
JensenRick chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Aw, this made me cry. Thank you for sharing.
TraSan chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I find it interesting in Season One that Sam said something to the effect of, "That's because you were the perfect son. He rode my ss," to Dean.

And in Dream a Little Dream of Me, for the first time, we see just how heavy the weight of responsibility weighed on Dean (not that we didn't have a pretty good idea).

John was so hard on both those boys - just in different ways - and I think a conversation like the one you wrote between the guys, would do so much towards helping them both feel like maybe John did love them and he did want more out of them than being soldiers.

He showed that side of himself a little in the last few episodes of Season One and I think it would have been hard for those boys to see the love sometimes.

I really wish Dean had shared too and I'm glad YOU gave us that. Thanks for writing! It was excellent.
Claire chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I really enjoyed that!

I must admit that since seeing the episode I have been wondering how it would look if Dean had told Sam about his dream! I wondered if maybe he might have resented Sam a little, even though we know he loves him, because of his Dad always drumming it into him to protect Sam all his life!

That line when he said"I don't deserve to go to hell!" really got to me, my stomach was in knots! Do you think that now he actually realises that his life does mean something? I wonder!

Great story! Look forward to more!