Reviews for A Week In Stanford
Jade chapter 1 . 3/21
I swear I've read this before but it was even better the second time
Should be sleeping chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
This one makes me cry so much! Beautiful, bittersweet writing.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
the heart breaking moment was definitely when Sam talked about how Jessica died and Dean snapped and Sam began to cry, and Dean hug him.

Yeah... wish that could be canon before... *sighed*
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
This is such a wonderful, touching, healing, heartbreaking story. It helps to know Dean was right there, bullying, pushing, drugging (YES! good for you, Dean!) and cajoling Sam back to life. It was a long first day ... second day ... third day ... first week ... but things are starting to go into place. Sam's so far down hurting, he can't see anything.

The series couldn't do this - too touchy-feeling chick-flick, ya know? But this - THIS - feels right. OK, feels wrong, because Jess is dead - but, in the middle of Jess being dead, this is starting to feel the new "right". Not yet normal, not quite yet.

Thank you K Hanna.
Cihuacoatl chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Yep. This is officially how it happened. Loved it.
xxwriter389xx chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Wow this was so upsetting but brilliantly done. Wonderful job.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
I always wanted to know how Sam and Dean handled those first few days after Jessica's death before they hit the road. This is a perfect representation of how it probably went.

And this paragraph really stood out to me: "He wished for the first time it was "Sammy" again, because back then, Dean could fix everything. Now, he just stood there looking as beaten as Sam felt, soaking up abuse that wasn't meant for him." It really captured both boys' mindsets.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
This was such a poignant look at the aftermath of Jess's death. Your depiction of the kind of shock and grief Sam would have experienced, and Dean's response to it, rings so true. Beautifully done, and heartbreaking.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
poor Sam. I would think that this would be the way that things would have gone. You did it justice!
tvj12 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I really like this story. It is a great description of their possible week in Palo Alto, and a great filler between episodes 1 and 2. I think you did great with the emotional tones of the story and Dean's actions in caring for his brother. -tvj12
Lillehafrue chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
This is beautiful. Hell, beautiful doesn't begin to describe it. The way you write the boys, I can hear them, see them, smell the smoke on Sam's clothes, the anguish in Dean's voice as he tries to help his brother. This scene is something that should have been shown. Get your butt to Vancouver and shove it in Kripke's face! So glad my buddy hooked me to your stuff. Eager to read more.
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Brilliantly written! Your writing skills far exceed anything I could do.
Anonymous91 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This is just...wow. Beautiful, heart-wrenching, warm - it's got it all!

I love how you have managed to capture the relationship perfectly here, and how, even though this is really Sam orientated, you have still managed to show Dean's silent thoughts and emotions.

You are an amazing writer, and I always enjoy reading your stories. Thank you for this one.

Dot

xx
Whilom chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
As painful as this was to read (you wrote Sam’s grief very vividly), I liked seeing all the little pieces of Sam’s heart coming back together with Dean’s help. The last line, Sam describing Jess, was heart-warming—she did have the prettiest smile. I can see why Sam would be drawn to that.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
It was a bit heart-wrenching to read, but I liked the look at Sam's life just after Jessica's death. It was interesting to see what you thought it was like.

Good job!