Reviews for A Week In Stanford
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/29
the heart breaking moment was definitely when Sam talked about how Jessica died and Dean snapped and Sam began to cry, and Dean hug him.

Yeah... wish that could be canon before... *sighed*
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/4
This is such a wonderful, touching, healing, heartbreaking story. It helps to know Dean was right there, bullying, pushing, drugging (YES! good for you, Dean!) and cajoling Sam back to life. It was a long first day ... second day ... third day ... first week ... but things are starting to go into place. Sam's so far down hurting, he can't see anything.

The series couldn't do this - too touchy-feeling chick-flick, ya know? But this - THIS - feels right. OK, feels wrong, because Jess is dead - but, in the middle of Jess being dead, this is starting to feel the new "right". Not yet normal, not quite yet.

Thank you K Hanna.
Cihuacoatl chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Yep. This is officially how it happened. Loved it.
xxwriter389xx chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Wow this was so upsetting but brilliantly done. Wonderful job.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
I always wanted to know how Sam and Dean handled those first few days after Jessica's death before they hit the road. This is a perfect representation of how it probably went.

And this paragraph really stood out to me: "He wished for the first time it was "Sammy" again, because back then, Dean could fix everything. Now, he just stood there looking as beaten as Sam felt, soaking up abuse that wasn't meant for him." It really captured both boys' mindsets.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
This was such a poignant look at the aftermath of Jess's death. Your depiction of the kind of shock and grief Sam would have experienced, and Dean's response to it, rings so true. Beautifully done, and heartbreaking.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
poor Sam. I would think that this would be the way that things would have gone. You did it justice!
tvj12 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I really like this story. It is a great description of their possible week in Palo Alto, and a great filler between episodes 1 and 2. I think you did great with the emotional tones of the story and Dean's actions in caring for his brother. -tvj12
Lillehafrue chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
This is beautiful. Hell, beautiful doesn't begin to describe it. The way you write the boys, I can hear them, see them, smell the smoke on Sam's clothes, the anguish in Dean's voice as he tries to help his brother. This scene is something that should have been shown. Get your butt to Vancouver and shove it in Kripke's face! So glad my buddy hooked me to your stuff. Eager to read more.
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Brilliantly written! Your writing skills far exceed anything I could do.
Anonymous91 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This is just...wow. Beautiful, heart-wrenching, warm - it's got it all!

I love how you have managed to capture the relationship perfectly here, and how, even though this is really Sam orientated, you have still managed to show Dean's silent thoughts and emotions.

You are an amazing writer, and I always enjoy reading your stories. Thank you for this one.

Dot

xx
Whilom chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
As painful as this was to read (you wrote Sam’s grief very vividly), I liked seeing all the little pieces of Sam’s heart coming back together with Dean’s help. The last line, Sam describing Jess, was heart-warming—she did have the prettiest smile. I can see why Sam would be drawn to that.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
It was a bit heart-wrenching to read, but I liked the look at Sam's life just after Jessica's death. It was interesting to see what you thought it was like.

Good job!
MKofGod chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
You know those stories where you're almost afraid to review because if the review isn't up to par with the story, you're afraid the author isn't going to know how much you loved the story?

Yeah - this is one of those.

I've read this story three times already. The first time, I couldn't get up the guts to review. The second time, I didn't know what to say. This is the third time, and even if it kills me, I'll try to tell you how much this story touched me.

There are a lot of Sam/Jess stories out there - most make Jess out to be a two-sided character that Sam felt guilty for having let down, or they go shallow on Sam's feelings for her, making it seem like he just had a crush or someting. They never really make the life and love between them REAL, which always annoys me, because I figure a girl that a Winchester actually stuck around for, and had nightmares for months for, and who he was going to to tie the knot with, must have been special.

This story is one of the few that actually portrayes clearly how much Sam loved her. It's the first detailed Sam grieving story that I've read - others are before stories, or months after stories. It's the first story that detailed the steps Sam would inevitably go through- denial, numbnes, and then finally grief.

You also make it more... just more... with the small details - missing holding someone, Jess making coffee for him to do something good for him, Sam listening to Jess' voice on the cell phone.

But what gets me even more than Jess/Sam, is the relationship shown between the brothers. Dean's care for Sam. Sam lashing out at Dean. Dean taking Sam's rage and hurt. Dean comforting him.

The scene where Sam finally cries - where he's talking about what he saw and Dean gets angry - presumably because it reminds him of what Mary must have gone through - had me wide eyed and awed. I mean - by now we're all used to Dean taking care of Sam, Sam taking care of Dean, but never where the grief is so raw, so fresh. Usually, we only see them dealing after the wounds have been scabbed over or when the grief/anger is festering. You captured the boys' reactions perfectly.

One thing I love most is that you can see a little about what Dean's thinking through all this through Sam's perspective, or by how he reacts to certain things. And Sam was right - you have to wonder what demons Dean was living through that week.

I love this story. I know my review doesn't do it justice, but please just know that it was perfect.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
This is more realistic. The comment in "Wendigo" that "we poked around for a week" was rather cavalier, I thought. You gave us a chance to see what really would have happened.

Heart-wrenching.