Reviews for Happy Endings Where Only For Movies
paperback-romance chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Great story! A little sad, but very sweet!
myacova chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
A very beautiful story - very easy to follow and as you read it you can actually feel the emotions. You described each character so well - using words that would definitely be said by them. I too loved the line "I may be her Daddy, Jake, but I can never be her father. That will forever be your gift." This is absolutely beautiful - something that H would say. Very good job - you are indeed talented and I look forward to more of your work!
randomwriting chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I love this story. Really well done, made me feel the emotions along with the characters as I was reading. All three characters were written well, and you hit all the right notes with regards to their respective emotions and actions. My favorite parts were Calleigh explaining to Jake how Jacqueline had two fathers, the meaning behind her name, and when she led the reluctant, shocked 'new' father to the bed of his sleeping child. That was very touching. Also I loved Horatio in this, ever the protective one, but just as warm, earnest, and graceful as I'd expect him to be given the situation.

'"...I may be her Daddy, Jake, but I can never be her father. That will forever be your gift.”' My favorite line, one I can easily hear him saying.

The ending, with Jake's letter and the family celebrating Christmas, was bittersweet, yet satisfying at the same time.