Reviews for Twin Souls
Tomyallen chapter 42 . 9/23
Wow okay. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. However this was perfect. Such a sweet chapter and you've really wrapped up the emotional parts of the story with the boys opening up to each other in more than one way. The idea of them sharing a inner world is really incredible...I've seen it done in a few stories and it's usually an overpowering focal point...here you've just slyly slipped it in and it turned out quite beautiful both in its overall appearance but also it what it facilitates between Juu and Shun. Truly loved the way you wrapped this up for the guys...Absolutely Wonderful!
Tomyallen chapter 41 . 9/18
And Bang the boys got everything they wanted! And you really took to the idea of "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer". I was not expecting that twist at all however it was a good one and an appropriate way to do it...though I would have been content to see those two die.

I also was not expecting that hollow troupe to have been lead by Baraggan...completely caught off guard there. It is a very good idea though since we know from canon he was kinda like king in hueco mundo before Aizen rolled in.

Overall this was done fantastically, though I wasn't expecting the proceedings of that final meeting to go so quickly and smoothly, and I loved where you left it. I am looking forward to reading the postlude however for the story itself it was fantastic. Your writing is very smooth and made visualizing this story quite enjoyable. Thanks so much for the awesome read!
Tomyallen chapter 40 . 9/18
Shihouin Itsuki is an interesting character. I like him. He might be noble but he can also be made to actually listen to those 'below' him. He respects the opinion of the academy students and clearly is taking Juu's words at point value and considering them. He's a good role model for Yoruichi :)

Seems Juu and Shun and the rest of the tactics group really are a big catalyst for the forming of the Gotei. That's really cool. Looking forward to the rest!
Tomyallen chapter 39 . 9/18
Okay...so ya I read a lot last night. It was just too good to stop to review. They finally have Shikai! Atta boys! And of course they did it at the exact same time. It was the perfect way to grant it to them though...they were done for if not for that change.

And it seems everyone in the group is on the same page about who did it. Now they just need to figure out how to deal with them...would have been so much nicer if some hollows killed them instead on their way back to Shiba manor. Now they have to figure things out the hard way. However thankfully the boys won over their little spy (who's romance by the way is adorable) and have got someone to help them out. I'm surprised Yama went down but I know he'll be fine so Im looking forward to the conclusion of this mess that Ren and HInata put everyone in.

These last few chapters were wonderful gems. Filled with suspense, action, good battle tactics and well written fights. This has been awesome and Im off for the last couple chapters.
Tomyallen chapter 30 . 9/17
Haha the deceiving old man can kick butt. It was a good teaching opportunity for the group though and it seems Shunsui and Juu picked something up from it. I imagine it will come in handy during their assignments. It also seems that the old man was right about things brewing with the nobles...looks like we are finally going to see some moves made against the academy and maybe even Yamamoto himself (though people would be crazy to attempt that).

Looking forward to what changes this brings. (That maid I can guarantee is the fortune teller/spy...Juu outta trust that intuition a little more)
Tomyallen chapter 29 . 9/17
Well that was a well balanced chapter. We started off with some good natured fun with the kids (nice to see Tessai in the mix) and then Daisuke kicking butt as expected...and it turned into a lesson of sorts about a fight for pride. Good way to incorporate that difference.

The new years celebrations for Juu and Shun was quite cute. They are such a perfect pair and no matter how much of a silly guy Shunsui likes to act like he's got a golden heart buried within.
Tomyallen chapter 28 . 9/17
Now that was sweet...seems Shunsui is opening up even more with Juu. I'm glad. A nice a slow development between these two it seems.
Tomyallen chapter 26 . 9/17
Another sweet chapter. Juu's family is exactly as I would expect them to be. All close knit and roudy...and they all work very well together. Certainly a different environment for Shunsui to be in but I think he appreciated the differences. Juu's birthday celebrations were very simplistic and sweet. I like how he picked out gifts for everyone else as well...he really is considerate.
Tomyallen chapter 25 . 9/17
Awe well that was a sweet ending to their visit. I'm glad Shunsui could sort through his family stuff and that Juu was there to back him up the entire time. Well done.
Tomyallen chapter 24 . 9/17
Im not clearheaded to make a good review on this one but I want to say I really enjoyed it. The fight scene was awesome and Shunsui's family seems very interesting...and as usual a different approach to them then what I've come to expect.
Tomyallen chapter 23 . 9/17
Well this was a much more relaxed chapter this time. Glad to see everyone getting along fine. Soma and Shunsui are quite a good pair haha. They didn't hassle Kuchiki too badly. Indra is a very observant kid...he's got Juu thinking again.

I enjoyed the more relaxed nature of this chapter. Looking forward to more.
Tomyallen chapter 22 . 9/16
Wow that was unexpected...I don't think I've seen anyone approach a clan ritual in such a way...though mind you most times its also not so far back in time as your story runs. It is almost simpler in this time though...duels and proving your worth is easier than some of the more conniving and backstabbing issues we see in a lot of other stories that have a focus on the noble families. I liked it. Not to mention its of great benefit for Kaoru with his situation.

It appears that Shunsui is getting closer to hearing his Zanpaktou and thus his Shikai and I imagine Juu is not far behind. I look forward to that.
Tomyallen chapter 21 . 9/16
OMG this chapter was awesome!

The battle aspects were very well written which makes them so much easier to visualize as I like to do. It seems they got to break the ice though thankfully. Those were some pretty nasty battle wounds though...If not for Retsu we could have lost Juu and Shun no doubt. Having pet rays myself I can imagine how cool it would be to pet Minazuki.

This was an epic chapter and major pick up on pace. As students they've already experienced battle with Menos and Adjuchas. Very well done!
Tomyallen chapter 20 . 9/16
Wow that was a very intense chapter this time around. Poor Kaoru and Kali...this is no easy situation. Though Kaoru didn't make it any easier either...it finally gives us an answer as to why his hands were the way they were. I'm glad he's letting Juu in though...he shouldn't go through something like that alone.

Also that scene with Juu and Shunsui at the end was...melting. Absolutely wonderful. So glad to see Juu being more open with Shunsui.

Things are getting shaky for our crew here so Im looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!
Tomyallen chapter 19 . 9/16
Ah and now we are finally getting somewhere with the sword training...though not without a few bumps and cuts along the way it seems. These boys sure do enjoy being the catalyst for things. It's good though...if they can do live training with their swords they will develop connections with them faster. Not to mention developing the natural skills of wielding a real sword in combat much faster.

Dang...I should have caught that! It's Retsu...though obviously canon showed us a different start for Unohana I still appreciate these approaches to her history since for most of Bleach we saw her only as a healer that doesn't take NO for an answer.

Looking forward to seeing how this chapter effects the next since it seems training will have a little change and healers will be needed.