Reviews for Twin Souls
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 25 . 11/23
So Shonetsu isn't entirely a jerk, that's good to know. Shunsui's family is lovely, very good portrayal of the dynamics within them
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 24 . 11/23
Shunsui's mom is awesome! I can't wait to see her shikai release. Again, gorgeous description of the fight scene
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 23 . 11/23
I love Unohana here. She's a remarkable woman. I would have been tempted to punch the guys for being so sexist, but her reaction is better. Also, good job Kaoru for listening to her and not falling into the trap of trying to protect Kali for being female.
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 22 . 11/23
This is a sober chapter, but it's a good one. Shunsui is definitely maturing; seeing that emotional growth is incredible. The aftermath of a battle is never pretty.
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 21 . 11/23
Another amazing fight scene! I love the descriptions of the reiatsu and Unohana's shikai, both are very well done. Also, Soma's reaction to Kaoru's answer is awesome.
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 20 . 11/22
A very powerful chapter, there's a lot in here that I love. Kaoru's cuts and reasoning for them are unnervingly apt, and his discussion with Juushiro is quite touching. I've been in Kaoru's position, and it helps a lot to have someone like Juushiro to listen and support you.

On a much lighter note, gorgeous scene with Shunsui and Juushiro at the end. Their connection and care for one another is obvious; it's far more than a hot scene. Though it's definitely hot!
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 19 . 11/22
I love your descriptions of the fight, it really makes the scene come alive. The explanation of how the armor and swords work makes sense, how reiatsu acts as armor.

Yay Unohana! Even though it's not canon, she's awesome. I can just imagine her expression when she says "practicing with live blades"
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 18 . 11/20
Most adorable chapter yet! The kids are amazing, and Kenshin's attempts to control his mouth are hilarious. I like the inclusion of the politics as well, it brings home the point that this is a different time period.

Great descriptions of learning to fight with two blades as well; I don't have much training but that makes a lot of sense.
Yay kido experiments! Bleach does a terrible job of explaining how kido works, so the idea of researching it the way modern universities research science is perfect. Also, good job Shunsui on being more careful of people's hearts. He's growing up
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 16 . 11/20
I love the poetry that Shunsui says in this chapter! I don't agree with his definition of love (from a poly perspective it sounds like he's talking about New Relationship Energy), but the words are gorgeous!
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 15 . 11/19
Poor Juushiro. Being helpless is one of the worst feelings in the world, and his situation would be rough on anyone. To have all that power and be trapped in a frail body would be incredibly frustrating.

The idea of using reiatsu to breathe is a novel one, I don't think I've ever seen it before. Great chapter!
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 14 . 11/19
Katen Kyokotsu is both creepy and awesome in this chapter!

They should teach the students basic healing kido before sending them out on missions, it would make situations like this less dicey. Or do they not have enough reiatsu control yet?
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 13 . 11/19
That's a great exercise to have a group do. It brings them closer and forces them to think critically about both themselves and each other, which promotes group cohesion. Plus, from a storytelling standpoint, it's a quick way to get a better picture of all the characters
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 12 . 11/19
Katen Kyokotsu is awesome! I love the snarky commentary and insult suggestions. She would totally talk to him then, just for the amusement of it.

Good realization for Shunsui too, that he's been breaking girls' hearts and needs to be a bit more caring about other people's feelings.
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 11 . 11/19
Poor Shunsui and Juushiro, they never have any luck getting together. I like Shunsui's explanation of the duties of a noble, it's something a lot of the nobles in my LARP group need to learn