Reviews for Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time
Golden Wind God chapter 31 . 7/16
What a great story
How the fuck did you came up with this dude
Awesome
odonnellzoo99 chapter 31 . 7/12
You are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal, but it was fun reading this again. It has been years.
HJP31JULY80 chapter 1 . 6/12
Every time I see the phrase "I know not" I have to double check to see who the author is.. TheBlack'sResurgance is known for that particular combination of sentence structure...

I knew not
It mattered/s not
He knew not
Harry (plethora of other character names to be inserted here) knew not..

This is NOT a flaming post of TBR or yourself, just an observation, as when I started reading this fic I saw ".. know not" and had to double check..

I'll crawl back into my cupboard now ;) no wonder vernon hates me ;)
l30rusty chapter 9 . 6/7
this story better have a fucking good happy ending after everyone your putting us through
l30rusty chapter 2 . 6/7
so is this just a romance book then?
You really dumped your readers into the deep end here. It's usually better to establish an expected norm before you throw in the world view destroying stuff. Harry shouldn't have faced a new enemy like this at the beginning of your story before you so much as gave us Harry's expectations from his centuries or millenia or whatever of consistent sole regression. You haven't even now established a real normal yet, we're still in introductions
candesce chapter 12 . 5/3
I kept waiting for the hook to catch. There's a lot of mystery and the prose keeps elevating the story into something deeper and more 'epic'. But after 12 chapters, the payoff still isn't there for me. Harry talks a big game, but so far his actions come off as a barely controlled chaos and not that much skill.

It's implied that he has all this knowledge from past lives, but somehow the headache blocks some of it? He seems to have knowledge, but not have it and its not clear at all what he does or does not know. This is set up to be part of the mystery, clearly the reader isn't told what he knows or else the mystery would be gone. Which would be fine, but the way it's written it feels more like Harry happens to know whatever he needs to know (or doesn't know what he's not supposed to). Makes solutions feel arbitrary as Harry is both simultaneously amazingly powerful and knowledgeable (binding the bone demon), but then in other moments he feels very weak and using basics like reducto. As mentioned by others, it makes no sense to not take the sword (or at least pursue a non-magic weapon on his own). It feels like he was given the idiot ball for the sake of the plot.

And still after 12 chapters, it makes no sense why Voldemort is somehow so powerful. This story would've been better without HP I expect. Because it's really hard to line up a Voldemort who fails to kill Harry at the Graveyard with a Voldemort that can't be killed by a Harry who's literally conquered time and has had what is implied to be multiple lifetimes of attempts to kill him. Someone who by his own admission can use the magic equivalent of a nuke. That's an insane power boost. And also feels like it would totally trivialize the Death Eater organization. Even if voldie gets a power up, there's no way Malfoy and Bellatrix and the others could compare. Harry should be able to slaughter his way through the rest.

So at the end of the day, I gave this story 100k words to hook me, but it's just too stingy with it's secrets and can't seem to give me a sense of Harry's toolset so I can properly appreciate what he does. It just feels like Harry could lose suddenly because of a Headache, just as easily as Harry suddenly wins by pulling a completely unknown ability out of nowhere. There's no understood stakes.
The library scene in the early chapters were very interesting, unfortunately the quality degrading from there
brom47 chapter 31 . 3/2
Joe my man, don’t know if you‘ll ever read this, but i just want to say that this story really means a lot to me, i‘ve read it a dozen times and you have my most sincere and heartfelt gratitude for writing this masterpiece. It‘s a helluva ride, everytime. Thank you!
wtfchrlz chapter 3 . 2/3
Really feels like Voldemort is way too hyped up in this. The dude is just a regular person who can be killed like anyone else. Hell just torture him until he goes completely insane then it won't matter if he comes back or not. I don't see how he would be such a huge problem for someone who can travel in time in a universe where knowledge is almost literally power.
ajpemberton chapter 31 . 1/20
One of the downsides of so many HP fanfics is that the good ones can get burried. And this was a good one!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Also, to counter your last AN... I read most of this naked and I'm hairy too. Naked hairy Harry Potter fans! Its a nightmare.
Guest chapter 23 . 11/8/2023
Why the heck would you want to get back to the original world if it would be better to continuously weaken him until defeated with no damage outside, and if you want to go back afterwards you could just copy how he got immortal and originally broke through?!
Guest chapter 20 . 11/8/2023
Why the heck would you think it was good to stop before there are no more enemies especially if you’re magic was never pointing to allies?!
Guest chapter 20 . 11/8/2023
Pathetic why the heck would you not consider permanently getting rid of them just because they were innocent before attacking you?!
Guest chapter 16 . 11/8/2023
Why the heck would you believe it’s really her if she attacked you?!
3,353 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »