Reviews for Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time
Peter Potter chapter 5 . 2/22/2008
Oi, looks pretty good so far, the only problem I have as of right now is that I have no more to read. :
TimGold chapter 5 . 2/21/2008
Very interesting so far.

The twist as you said is quite original and more so, interesting.

I find myself wishing for the next chapter and am unable to wait.

Hopefully i wont have to, too much that is.
J. Carax chapter 5 . 2/20/2008
It's not rushed at all, don't worry about that.

Good stuff.
matealeen chapter 5 . 2/20/2008
this story is quite intriguing, but i'm not completely hooked yet. The time travel is interesting, i'm a huge fan of these stories (too bad many of them just suck...) but i don't like it when too many threats add on the plot : there's already voldemort, his death eaters, other characters bashing, the memories from harry's past lives and the way he's going to try to do things differently...

It's already pretty difficult to manage a "believable" plot with all this, but if on top of that you add yet other things like this time daemon or whatever it was, or yet another ennemy, well, i'm not sure the story would still have a credible plot.

That said, i've added you to my story alert list, because for the moment, the story is good : a little bit of mystery, hints at a lot of action, a little romance on the way too... just please don't get too ambitious and add too much in the plot so as not to loose me - your humble reader - on the road...
godric2 chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Hello mister! It was a great surprise, didn't expected this chapter for some days...And it was a good one! Can't wait to see what this demon? is!

BUT, you disappointed me somewhere in your chapter! You made french mistakes! Not some big one, but you made some.

(You, can be traduce as... tu and vous) If you need help for some more french, or if you want to correct does of this chapter, i'd be willing to help!

frank
Ahyanah chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Very, very promising right now. I am always very happy to see people spend time to research for their fics and can write well in the same time. Am only problem with reading this fic is that the first 2 chapters were too abstract to me. The lack of dialogue made them harder to swallow. I am very satisfied with this chapter though. Very well balanced amount of dialogue and Harry's internal speech.

Looking forward to the next installment next week.
en extase chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Still wanking Joe, still wanking.
Rigal chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Great story!1

AWESOME CHAPTER

Really like the mystery
Lepus Iratus chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
I'm enjoying this story, especially your version of time travel. Very new and refreshing. Keep up the good work.
TheSilentMan chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Interesting story! No idea where it's going, but it doesn't come across as rushed. Loved the interaction at the bank. I only hope Harry doesn't wake up at the Dursley's any time soon.

About the French, here's what should be the correct translations:

“Je suis plein de surprises, ma chérie.” (I am full of surprises, sweetheart.) "amoureux" isn't wrong (translated literally), but isn't often used in this type of situation.

“Tu parles français?” (You speak French?) Since it's informal you use "tu" instead of "vous". Also, languages aren't capitalised in French.

“Effectivement!” (Surprises, indeed!) Again, "Surprises, en effet!" isn't wrong, but it isn't really something you'd say in French in this case.

“J’ai quelque chose à te demander, Fleur.” (I have something to ask you, Fleur.) Same as previously, except informal for the accusative pronoun is "te" and formal "vous".

“Etonnant et charmant, Harry Potter.” (Surprising and charming.)

“Peut-être que oui, peut-être que non…” (Maybe yes, maybe no…)

Hope that was of some help.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Cheers,

TheSilentMan
intellectualseeker chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
very talented and creative writer you are... i hope you finish this amazingly blossoming story... you just found yourself a fan

-intellectualseeker
lluvatar chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
great story, lots of potential, keep up the great work captain
Hi no Tenchi chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Nice story, a good twist on the usual time travel plot. Only thing is, you really need something better than an online translator / dictionary for French. Nearly a mistake every line. I'd help out, but my spelling is awful for French, I can only speak it fluently.
Ero-kun chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
Excellent,! Great update.
Zev06 chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
This was a fantastic chapter! I love the way you are writing this story. I feel that this is truely professional quality. If you actually owned Harry Potter and wrote the story like this, I would definitely buy it.

As for rushing the story...well maybe yes and maybe no. I am not sure since I don't really know where you are going with this. I am beginning to get an idea, but nothing solid yet. I sincerely hope you don't end up abandoning this fic.

Anyways, nice job and I look forward to your next update.
3,353 | « Prev Page 1 .. 211 218 219 220 221 222 223 .. Last Next »