Reviews for The Genius Losers of Konoha
God Amongst Mere Mortals chapter 41 . 8/30/2009
Its a pity your life has interfered with your work- I thoroughly enjoyed it as both a reader and a fellow author. Don't feel bad, many of us succumb to 'giving up' just cause we feel like it. For the record, what you have written, was both unique and and skillful. As a member of the 500r 100k (over 500 reviews w/ under 100k words) club, I can fully identify with your plight. Crap, I just went on vacation and barely wrote a fricken word. Just last night I started up again... anyway, we here in the community all appreciate your work Stigma. You are always welcome to come back.

Most Sincerely,

G.A.M.M.
Shining Ducky chapter 41 . 8/30/2009
I understand.

Good luck, do your best.
Moon Ecstasy chapter 41 . 8/29/2009
... dude.

I managed to work my way through a post-strike final year. That means we went on strike and everything was condensed once we got back into a sheer hell of insanity! Two months of work became two weeks. And entire semester became two months. University is fucking hard as all hell, final year is the year they put your nose to the grindstone and shave it off, the post-stike-mayhem made all of us loose it in one way or another. I had three major assignments due each week and right after that I had at the least two exams per week with only one or two days in between to study the massive amount of material I had to know inside and out. On top of all that I had two jobs I had to work.

And I still managed to enjoy time with friends and devote time to my own writing and my own reading.

Why? Because I made a promise to myself and to my readers that I would never abandon a fic. Aside from that it kept me sane.

School is totally not a reason to go on an indefinite hiatus. Yeah it might be a reason to take a few months to update but there is always summer and holidays.

That's what I have to say and you probably don't even care. After all I'm just one reader in a thousand or so. This is not to say I won't stop reading should you ever update. But like with all the authors that quit on their stories, I am really disappointed in you.
BlackHeartedLiar chapter 41 . 8/29/2009
Stop writing these if that is what you must do. I will miss the stories, though. Generic well wishes.
HoNdeR chapter 41 . 8/28/2009
From day to day, I have the same thought running through my mind... though mine is a little different. I'm always thinking that I want to live my life, with all its ups and downs, I want to fulfil so that one day, when I grow old and look back at it, I'll be satisfied. I can say I understand you somehow on this one.

It saddens me that one of the best authors around this site is taking his leave, but I can quarrantee you that many here won't forget your stories. "Sigh" I've been 'working' on fanfiction for about a year now if I'm correct, which will become two years in Christmas. I want to be a proffesional author, so you can say that what I do here is helpful in improving my writing skills in the least.

Anyways, wish you the best Stigma. Hope you achieve what you have in mind in your life and hope that one day we'll have your stories to read again -

Till we meet again,

HoNdeR All Mighty
Ancestor's Dragon chapter 41 . 8/28/2009
Ah, that's upsetting to hear, but I suppose it is better to focus on the priorities of life. Which fanfiction is sadly not a part of, haha. Well, I can definitely relate to that feeling, and I hope you can sort things out in due time. Good luck with your senior year and God Bless
Kat969 chapter 41 . 8/28/2009
Thanks for the story.

Thanks for ruining my day and LIFE.

I've loved this story since the first second I started reading. You have to finish this one day.

I'll be waiting.

Till Next Time-

Kat

(Yes, this stuff has taken control over my life. I'm way over reacting, and I can understand. Good luck in the real world, I'll be buying all your books.)
Rena the pirate jedi wizard chapter 41 . 8/28/2009
Well, I wish you luck in the real world. Careful, it's a dangerous and tough place. Just be sure to let some of us know if you ever update again!
SilentSinger948 chapter 14 . 8/27/2009

will be missed.

and you will be

missed as well.

TheOneShotGirl chapter 41 . 8/27/2009
I'm glad you were so honest about it, and I'll gladly wait a few years to continue reading your work. _
Artificial Starlight chapter 41 . 8/27/2009
I see, I relate, I understand. I've been there, I think everyone will have one of those days in their lifetime. And I feel bad for both you and the wonderful story about to be put on the back burner.

However, I hate to hear you use the terms Discontinue and Hiatus. I seriously hope you find some time to write. Whether it's a measly one-two hour a week. It's difficult to juggle your school and work load, but it's not impossible. And for me, reading and writing help me deal with stress. I always find it comforting to pick up a book or go on this wonderful sight to get my mind off things. Even thinking up new one-shots (contemplating on starting a multi-chap but that's a big step, Ha ha).

Because, although studying for a career is important, you can't be obsessed with it, things won't work that way. And I get really irritable if I continue studying for so long. :)

So I sincerely hope you don't give up on either of your endeavors. Work hard and strive for your goal... and indulge us in some more of your awesome fantasy world from time to time. Cause you're always welcome to post something that will help me out. :)

Good luck, and I hope to see more at a later date... anticipation is gonna kill us, you know. :)
naruto kyuubi kage chapter 41 . 8/27/2009
double NOES i forgot your the author of both these stories so when i saw that the other was canceled i was like at leastr i get to read genius losers of Konoha but then this happened NOES QQ lol
Vallavarayan chapter 41 . 8/27/2009
this was one of the finest stories on this genre, while i understand the difficulties of collage( i myself am in collage) i hope that you find it in you to continue the story in a year.
Malix2 chapter 41 . 8/27/2009
It's disappointing, but understandable.

I understand the idea of figuring out you've been wasting your time, I wasted most of my life, if I could go back and do it differently, I would have worked harder in school, and worked harder to get a job afterwards, instead of only half-assed handing in job applications where I was being real particular about my hours then never checking on them(amazing how much of a diffence that makes, about 4 years of applying and the first time I actually check back on them, I get hired, probably not the only factor, maybe just coincidence). Heck, if I had worked harder in school, I might've gotten a scholarship, and I wouldn't have wasted most of our savings and only being able to take maybe a year of college, and then having to stop.

I used to do a lot of coding on this one online game. Then I got a job, even just a part-time job, and I was so tired from it that I didn't do anything on it for a few months. Now all I do in my free-time is watch a few tv shows, and read a bunch of fanfiction. That's all I have time for.

It's a harsh reality, but when you reach a certain point, you can't spend all the time you want on something, freetime becomes a luxury you don't have a lot of. You get so tired doing the stuff you /have/ to do, that you almost have to force yourself to do the stuff you /want/ to do, when you have the freetime to do it. Half the time when I have a day off, I sleep away half of it.

Then again, you have to realize, doing this stuff doesn't pay the bills, and it won't help you with your grades, besides maybe practice for english classes, so you have to prioritize. I really like this story, so I'll be hoping you find free time, but by all means get your other things sorted out first, you can't exactly write fanfiction if you're living on the streets.

Just try to keep it alive somewhere in the back of your head so you don't completely forget about it. I think that's why so many fics have died, people have RL issues for so long, that when they finally have the time to work on fics it doesn't even occur to them, because they forgot all about them, and they don't have any idea what to write anymore. If you have to, you could try making up a schedule, where you work on fanfics like maybe once a week on a day you don't have any classes. Maybe once every two weeks, three weeks, etc. Depending on how far behind you are. If not actually writing, at least thinking about the story, if you haven't planned it out already. Some authors write stories by the seat of their pants, and then it dies because they hit writer's block.

Anyway, I pray you get your RL things sorted out quickly, and find some free time to post a chapter every once in a while. Either that, or that you find a good author that will adopt the story, although I can only remember one story I've read that was adopted that reached completion, so that's taking your chances, but then again completion seems to be rare for /any/ kind of fic adopted or not, but if you're sure you'll never find enough time to finish it, then adoption is the only chance it may have. You can always specify that you can adopt it back if you find free time. Or you can collaberate, have another author write the chapter to your specs, then they give it to you for editing and posting(remember to give them credit where credit is do). Anyway good luck to you.
1,755 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »