Reviews for Prisoner 4929
Calim1 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I'm going to review the entire Prisoner 4929 from this chapter. It took me awhile to read this story only because I couldn't stand the idea of Grissom being accused of a crime I know he didn't commit. But when I finally settled down and read it I was astounded by its perfection. I really felt sorry him and wanted him out of that prisoner before the real Gil Grissom disappeared. You conveyed his feeling wonderfully and dragged me right along with it. This is just an extraordinary story and I so want to read more of what you have. You are an excellent writer. Thank you.
Felidae1 chapter 43 . 9/1/2009
*phew* Ok, I admittedly don't know where to begin. Best to get the worst off my chest; please stop begging and bargaining for reviews. You're too good a writer to resort to that kind of cheap approval. A curt reminder at the head/end of each chapter is ok; but not such blatant fishing for compliments as seen in the early chapters.

As for the story itself: wow. I must say, I am amazed beyond speech. Actually, I fail to see why you didn't win first price for 'Best CSI-FF' last year, but then again, the jury was probably not keen enough to realize how flawlessly you pulled this story off.

From the profound ICness of the various characters over the painstakingly well researched juridical background regarding murder prosecution, the deep insight into the mental and physical regress of Gil during his incarceration aswell as the many medical and technical details regarding forensics this story has it all. I love the way you gave Hodges a major part in this story; even if Warrick is/was Gil's proverbial Golden Boy and prodigal son, you made it sound far more reasonable to give the part of trustee to David(last but not least since both him and Gil are known to be socially and emotionally, well..challenged). Jim was, if possible, more lovable and witty than ever, Catherine finally got to show off her 'mother hen' side, and Nick more than once made me want to kick him hard -preferably down a stair. Greg was endearing, because he was quieter and, dare I say, more reserved than usual, though I might have liked to see a tad bit more of Warrick. Then again, strangely enough, I didn't have the feel of 'missing' him in this story, though he's my fav character.

A great 'thumbs up' to your OC Paul Anderson; if I ever met a guy like him I'd whisk him away to the altar right away!;) Just kidding, but he truly is a real gem and nicely developed character. This is one of the major things about your writing; you give a lot of thought and effort when creating and describing a character, even if it's part is mostly a narrative one. Most writer's just go "tall, handsome, slightly ragged Rock-star type of guy with a brain", but you put some real flesh on the bone; giving them the 'feel' of being *people* and not mere tools to furthen the plot.

Last but not least let me also thank you for your superb grammar and intricate formatting; it's very rare to find that kind of superior quality in a FF. Though I found you slackening on removing various typos towards the end of the story, but I am certain, these were due to your illness and not mere lack of concentration and dedication.

So, in short, thank you for one of- if not *the* most -amazing CSI-stories I have ever come about-canon and fictional. And who knows, maybe we'll see your name listed among the writers in one of the following seasons? I'd surely be looking forward to it.

Sincerely

Felidae
csifangsr100 chapter 43 . 2/14/2009
I enjoyed this very much - extremely well written and I appreciate your research efforts to try and get the small details right (e.g., Nevada penal code, prison reg's, etc.). Cottonwood House was also very good - I hope you will write another CSI story.
Red River chapter 43 . 1/17/2009
Very well done to the end. Your choice of endings was both original and believable, and an interesting coincidence with the ongoing changes to the CSI cast. Mostly, though, thank you for writing a story this complex and full - it must have taken a great deal of time and effort, and I appreciate that, as I'm sure others do. I wish you the best of luck with your writing in the future.
yanukjc chapter 43 . 1/16/2009
I think you've done an awesome job with the story. I hope you'll be able to write something more for us again sometime.
yanukjc chapter 42 . 1/16/2009
Well done!
SevernSound chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
Please, A follow up story?
JohnsWife chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
Yay. It's finished. Thank you for this amazing story and for keeping to it through thick and thin. Take care. Looking forward to whatever project you do next. Keep well and thanks again.

Lisa
SylvieT chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
Wow, What a finish and good timing! Thank you again.

I like how you included Hodges in Grissom's final 'journey' towards recovery and also how you ended the story with so much hope - of a recovery and maybe of a meeting with Sara.

Hopefully, after a deserved break, you'll have a new story in your head waiting to be put down on paper or a second chapter to one of my favourites 'Cottonwood House'...

Thank you again.
SunnyBaby chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
I think this ending was fabulous. Grissom got his name back and is on the road to recovery. Are you planing on doing a sequel so we can see how he's progressing?
MSCSIFANGSR chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
STANDING OVATION!
ProWriter11 chapter 43 . 1/15/2009
Bravo, Jem. Just simply, bravo! And your timing is perfect. What an undertaking, and what a great job you did of it. Applause, applause, lady.

j
stareagle chapter 42 . 1/14/2009
Thank you so much for a wonderful tense story... My heart was thumping with Grissom's as he raced away from the courtroom. Nice irony that Paul is the one to calm him down. And Brass saving the day deserves the White Knight award complete with Charger!

I am looking forward to the next chapter, even if it is the epilog... I really hate to see this tale come to an end. Considering the damage done to Gil in prison, I don't see how you can put the pieces back together in a one chapter epilog... hint hint... unless it is a very long chapter! Thanks again for a wicked ride!

Stareagle
SylvieT chapter 42 . 1/14/2009
Excellent ending to an excellent story. The time, research and effort you have put into this story is greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to the epilogue and to seeing what becomes of Grissom...

Sylvie.
ProWriter11 chapter 42 . 1/13/2009
Aw, Jem, that was awesome, and such a nice thing to do at the end. What a wonderful, intricately plotted and superbly executed story. I don't know how you're ever gonna top this one.

j