Reviews for Gargoyles
Curious chapter 30 . 1/30
I wonder if you ever plan on finishing it. It such an amazing story, you've put so much work into it. I'm so curious how all these fantastic, fleshed out characters will end up. I know it's been years sine you've updated, but I would love to see how it ends.
dharak chapter 30 . 8/24/2011
Thank god you finally put this up. It was nice and touching, and descriptive, like pretty much everything else you put in this story. I hope the next one's as good.

It would be nice if you would visit my stuff. It's not as great as yours, but good.

Bye. :)
Saerphe chapter 30 . 8/12/2011
I should first tell you that it took me a WEEK to read this. Though that's mostly because I've had to deal with work and university stuff a lot of the time too.

I can't believe it's almost over! This was a satisfying almost-conclusion. :)

Can't wait for the next one. ;D
Xekstrin chapter 30 . 8/9/2011
You made me cry twice.

And now I want to bang Aerrow like a trash can lid.

And oh my god it took me three hours to read all of this.

AND STORK PLEASE WAKE UP!
Lace Agate chapter 30 . 8/8/2011
Wow...

That word pretty much sums it all up. Even though this chapter wasn't filled with action and death, it was attention-grabbing. The character development was spectacular, and through this whole process I'm starting to really like Wasp. But Angel will forever remain my favorite.

Thanks for the update. Now, I hope you'll have another update for us readers soon.
5nap-Dragon chapter 29 . 7/20/2011
... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How could you end it like that! This is easily my favorite Storm Hawks Fanfiction maybe even my favorite fanfiction ever! This is simply an amazing story, you have done something different that, as far as i know, has not been done yet.

I was kind of worried when i had read the description because normally any fics that revolve around OCs never turn out good. They are always shallow, simple minded characters that do amazingly well in any situation, have no problems that are realistic. Yet your OCs where amazing, they seemed like real people. There was absolutely nothing Mary-Sue about them! But than again I should have expected that form your other stories! I found it actually quite surprising how much more in-depth and real The Gargoyles were in comparaision to how The Storm Hawks are normally portrayed. one more thing that i must add is that you have done something that almost no fan fiction author has done successfully... made a reasonable and believable romance that was not the product of spontaneous stupidity. it was some thing that grow slowly and was never out right stated that they were in love. it felt real in a way... natural.

Another thing that amazed me was all of the plot twists. There are a lot of fanfictions that after reading the first 1000 words you know exactly what was going to happen. not in this story! the way this you wrote this story is amazing. you slowly showed us parts of the character's past. giving us little tid-bits here and there keeping us on the edge of our seat needing to know what happens next. throughout the entire story you kept the same passe. not to slow not to fast. i never had to worry about there being any plot holes or part of the plot being to thin and therefor seeming rushed. you made sure that you gave us readers enough useless information (in regards to the plot)that helped us look at what your characters were really like. it seems to me that most fan-fiction writers try to get their idea out as fast as possible never giving the reader the time they need to truly immerse themselves into the story. so all in all the plot was amazing.

the one thing that i did not like all that much was how in many of your battle scenes, the final battle in particular, you seem to forget the big picture. you describe a battle that is almost a slaughter fest, people are dying by the hundreds by 10 people. now its not that that is unbelievable because that could be possible... kind of... but the thing is where do all the dead bodies go? Seriously! It was driving me crazy because in my minds eye i see 1 person kill 10-20 big monster half human clone things and when they hit the ground they stay there so by the end of the final battle i can see bodies piled up every where, so much so that no one would be able to move let alone get to the stair case. but that is just one small detail can easily be over looked by the reader.

so in the end I love the story but I am worried that i will never get to know how it ends because the final chapter is missing! please update this story it is killing me that after spending almost a week of using every spare moment to read this i do not get to find out what happens and if Stork is alive, semi-alive, alive but not really alive or dead (please don't kill her). so in revenge for not having the last chapter up I, on behalf of all of your loyal readers that have waited almost a year for an update unlike me who just recently found your story, have lost The Game...WHUHUHUAHAHA *evil laughter*

5nap-Dragon

Ps. I am so sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes! lol
dharak chapter 29 . 7/7/2011
What happens after that? TELL ME PLEASE!
The blondslightly nicer Angel chapter 25 . 6/22/2011
I don't know when you'll read this but if you haven't already CALL ME RIGHT AWAY. *ahem* Also, I'm doing my best here but with Microsoft Word still MIA on this computer and it being so late, I'm not exactly able to spellcheck or anything like that.

Now with all that preface stuff out of the way I.. actually I'm not sure how to start. I guess the most obvious way to begin would be that in the some six odd years I've known you and been reading your work this is by far the best piece I've ever seen, but that seems a little bit cliched, especially at this point.

So in the interest of dancing around the issue and in giving myself some time to gather my thoughts and emotions that you've strewn across the floor like so many busted rubik's cube pieces I want to come back to something I've mentioned before and that is how impressed I am with Cyclonis as a villain. She's definitely taken a darker turn since her days of tormenting the Storm Hawks, but I sense a lot of her arrogant smugness that makes her so god damn endearing, and that's very impressive to pull off; Especially so when the only character she interacts with is ALSO a self-righteous, sarcastic misanthrope and keeping things balanced (and from becoming an angst fest) becomes increasingly difficult (see that one anime Japan has been remaking in various themes and settings to varying degrees of success for the last 15 years or so). While there are a refreshingly human number of chinks in her armour, you also get the impression that she legitimately enjoys what she does and what she does is horriffic.

Maybe it's because I saw an uncomfortable amount of myself in Angel (this chapter in particular) but I found myself cringing and stopping to think a lot more than I thought I would reading this. A lot of Angel's thoughts and issues... they struck more of a chord than I suspected they would. I'm not sure how much of a credit that is to your writing as far as the rest of your fanbase is concerned as Angel's inner turmoils isn't something I can exactly provide an objective opinion on, but I figured it would please you to know that anyways.

Moving on to more physical torment, I found the state of hunger and pain very atmospheric. I noticed a lot of similar situations to the feeling I got from 127 hours which I know we saw long after you wrote this, but it's the best way to convey how real the frustration and desperation were for me in saying "pretty much that, only MORE painful" . There were a few points in the middle where descriptors went on to hinging on the point of redundancy (Hey, I couldn't call it a "review" if I didn't provide at least ONE criticism), but not so much that it detracts from the story and we can talk specifics at a later time if you like. Overall though, I legitimately felt like I was going insane and that's hard to pull off in a non-visual medium (and it's not even easy otherwise). Conversely, I was surprised at how short the surgery scene was. It's not so much a bad thing as it was still painfully visceral. I was just surprised but I suppose there's more to come so I shouldn't say anything about that.

Well, five paragraphs of stalling and I'm still not sure what to say. This chapter kind of hit me like a brick wall which I'm sure is exactly what you wanted, but probably isn't a very constructive criticism. You really are cruel to Angel in so many ways which I know is something you've started to show a downright scary amount of pride in. I know you were also particularly proud of this chapter and you really, really should be. It didn't quite prove the specific motivator I was hoping it to be because it was just so goddamn depressing but I'll see what I can do this weekend regardless.

There's still more I'd like to talk to you about with this chapter but it's late, I've been conscripted for work tomorrow, and there's a thunderstorm going on so I'm going to cut it short for now. Again, amazing work on this chapter, one of the most powerful pieces you've ever produced and that I've ever read.

P.S. As for your "mission" (and I KNOW you've been reading this whole thing hoping I'd comment on it), you can call it, at the very least, a "partial success".

P.P.S. Ok, I wasn't really naive enough to think that if you signed on to your computer BEFORE calling me and saw that there was a new review waiting for you, you'd actually stop reading and call me instead just because I said so. Seriously though, if that's what you've done than phone me before I have an anneurism.
Xekstrin chapter 29 . 6/9/2011
The amount of bad ass in this chapter is too much for my brain to handle
Xekstrin chapter 27 . 6/9/2011
I KNEW IT! FUCKING KNEW IT! THEY NEEDED THE HAWKS!
Xekstrin chapter 26 . 6/9/2011
My question is why didn't they go to anyone else for help...

The Storm Hawks? The council of Atmosia? COME ON GARGOYLES GET WITH THE PROGRAM YA'LL ARE AWESOME BUT YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF KIDS!
Xekstrin chapter 22 . 6/9/2011
Oh, Wasp : (
fangirl chapter 29 . 9/20/2010
Update soon!
spinningvortex chapter 29 . 8/26/2010
HHUHHGHHDURPHERPDHUDIHDIKD! 0.0

You had bloody well update this SOON.

Please? I Made you cake.

Jolene
The blondslightly nicer Angel chapter 24 . 8/24/2010
Consider this a review of the last three chapters (22 - 24) as I haven't been keeping as up to date like I, by all means, should be. I still feel nothing short of embarrassed making these few meagre comments on what is now considered such an outdated chapter, but c'est la vie. It's my own fault anyways.

I'm going to pretend I had a greater purpose in mind for reviewing these three at the same time because they provide a perfect cross-section of your writing. The psychological elements of Wasp's exchanges with Arcana and the eventual unveiling of the prophecy are the very essence of "inner struggle" and despite being an experience that, I think I can safely say, few of us have ever had exactly, is brought to light in a surprisingly relatable way. I think this is mostly because of Angel's presence and influence but I'll get to that later.

Moving along, I thought I had reached the disturbing peak with the events Wasp relays in 22, but the flashback in 23 stands out in my mind as being one of the most memorable sections of the story so far, if only because it was so disgustingly graphic. I have a guess or six about what was going through your mind when you planned/wrote that piece, and evidently it was sufficient motivation. I know you were worried about counter-balancing Wasp's behaviour from this particular episode and now that I've read a bit farther ahead I can safely say that not only does it not poison her character, it gives her a level of depth and explores a different side of her, moreso than any previous section has done so far. While I appreciate and (along with everyone else who's read this story) have even fallen in love with our adorable little Wasp, it is both refreshing and sobering to catch glimpses of the feral, even psychopathic creature we met back in Chapter One and these last few chapters have done wonders for giving both sides of the character a great deal of context.

Next we have the bees and scorpion section. These were relatively short and didn't do much to progress the story but I still want to talk about them for a moment if only to point out how well executed they were. I actually laughed out loud once or twice but this story is already long passed the point where I can distance myself emotionally from the characters/events, so it's not really surprising. The reason I DO bring it up is that even though I knew 100% in advance of the shit & fan relationship regarding the events that followed, I still found myself completely disarmed when they did start happening. Take that for what you will but I was impressed that, in this late stage of the game, knowing everything that's going to happen in advance, a few short paragraphs were enough to get me to completely abandon my better instincts.

Speaking of the bedlam that was the later half of 23, I must say that I felt a sense of urgency and intensity during the fight scenes that I actually can't recall feeling over any story in recent memory. Of course most of the fights were overshadowed by Wasp's in what I am dubbing the "Star Wars Effect", perhaps moreso than you intended. I wouldn't worry about it though as I believe I actually caught myself holding my breath as we watched Fraggle and as Falshade met up with him. My point is, the effect of the rest of the situation wasn't lost.

Before I move on to 24, I want to also make a quick note of how much I enjoyed how you write your villains. I’m not as familiar with the source material as, I’m guessing, all of my fellow readers, so I can’t say with any certainty that you followed it flawlessly. What I CAN say is that as someone who went in reading this as someone would an original piece, it seems to me that you really never needed the source material in the first place. The character slides effortlessly into the story like a fitted glove, without the need for a lengthy back story or bridge chapter which is rare in creating a likeable villain. I can’t wait to see what happens next with her.

Before I wrap this up, I should comment on chapter 24 which comprises mostly of the deeper more emotional writing, which, as proud as I know you are of your battle scenes, I can’t help but feel is your strong suit. I’ve always been so uplifted by the Gargoyles spirit. There’s none of that Disney bullshit or idealistic fantasy about teamwork and being there for your friends in some cartoon reality we see all too often in... well...Disney films (not that there’s not a place for that too, it’s a good message. It’s just sometimes we need a dose of reality as well). The Gargoyles are just honestly a bunch of kids who need each other, and that comes through in a very real way in this chapter. You sense not only the longing and the hurt, but the desperation, the anger, and the frighteningly relatable despair. I want to draw special attention to Wasp and her relationship with Angel. Being the traditionalist kind of prick that I am, I’ll admit I was a little worried that I wouldn’t like this kind of disjointed, unorthodox relationship you had concocted. However, in these few chapters, we’ve seen a level of passion I wouldn’t normally have thought possible, and as much it hurt me to see them in pain, it warms my heart ever so slightly to see how much they downright need each other. This is not only what romance in teen novels can be, in a lot of cases, this is what romance in teen novels SHOULD be (*cough* No one say ANYTHING about Vampires *cough*). I know it’s going to make the next few chapters even harder to be so attached but I’m finding myself more and more enthralled with these guys (especially with the very last part of the chapter) and I’m excited (if a little nervous) reading on.

Speaking of which, this has dragged on rather long but I’m sure I’ll talk to you more about this, I just wanted to give a long-overdue review. Hopefully I’ll have another one soon but one way or the other I can’t wait to see what happens next.