Reviews for Gilded Prison
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
send her back! send her back!
assiage chapter 1 . 5/11/2010

Let me just start off by saying that this story was extrememly well-written and exceptionally moving. You definately have a flair for writing and emotions. It was very well done, I tip my hat to you!

That being said, I love angst like anyone else, but it was so tragic! Even moreso than the stories of our lovely couple dying. It kinda put me into a funk, to be frank :c I know how compelling their story is to everyone, especially (considering) how it ended tragically.

I don't suppose you could ever... I don't know... write a follow up of them reuniting? Pretty please? Hehe this one-shot moved me deeply, my dear, I would love to read some more of your work. If I'm not mistaken you had a multi-chaptered story up that I was fond of, then you took it down.

Keep writing! TC- Stef
silke f chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
so so sad ... very good
AJV78 chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Beautiful story, very tragic and heartfelt, my heart goes out to Alice. Hope you have a companion piece in mind from Uncas point of view, I'd love to read that.
Eros ex Nihilo chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
wah, so sad. i'm not sure why i identify more with her character than Cora, since Cora was a much stronger female character. I always had a soft spot for Alice. i guess she kind of reminds me of my little sister a bit. anyway, nicely done once again!
Chaco chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I think you should continue this story. It has a lot of potential.
my blue castle chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
This is wonderful, sad and even more wonderful! It made me cry when they both died in the movie, especially since I so wanted them to find happiness with each other. You've captured it all so beautifully. Thank you
lushifuhr chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I absolutely loved this story. Leave it the way it is - even though a part of me wants to beg you for a happy ending, the bittersweet taste of this one-shot makes it (near)perfect.

I could actually see this happening: Alice thinking she belonged in London, only to find her heart lies in America, and not being able to return. It is sad, but true.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Take her back! She has to go back!
Luckynumber28 chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
very well written little one shot, keep it the way it is! a love story is so much better if the couple is unable to be together
lightxbright chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Love it, but it's so sad... REUNITE THEM!
celine chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
You captured Alice in her "wonderland" of a gilded prison so perfectly.
really chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Oh, how could you? What a horrible read (written so beautifully, quite naturally)! You realise you must write a follow-up to this, in which they reunite? You're obligated to now, I'm afraid. I expect to see one promptly! :)

(And I do most genuinely mean that.)