Reviews for On the Meaning of POTO to its Phans
Bonpetitepoodles chapter 1 . 2/6
The sad part non phans just dont 'get' it..
phantomphan2000 chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Being a Phantom Phan myself, I think you did a great job writing this, especially the three points. Everything had a nice flow, and I can definitely tell you worked hard. This was amazing!

phantomphan
The Phantom's Scholar chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Brava, brava, bravissima!

This was well organized and well planned ut, intentionally or not.

I think you nailed it with your three points. Three points were all you needed to sufficiently support your claim. I too an phan on a deeper level, though honestly, I can only relate my own experiences to your first and second point. I can not identify myself with your third point, because no criminal am I (a good thing). But I do understand where you are coming from so kudos on that.

Your diction was professional; your flow flow from from one point to the next was smooth. You definitely backed up your points and your pace was not stalled or rushed.

Small edit:

"On October 9th of this year it will have been twenty years to the day since Andrew Lloyd Webber's smash-hit musical The Phantom of the Opera burst on the world scene." There should be a comma between 'year' and 'it' since "On October 9th of this year" is a complete clause. Nothing big.

And a small note: Titles of books, full-length plays, films, longer musical compositions, periodicals, etc. are either underlined or italicized. Do NOT put them in quotation marks. Quotation marks are reserved for, well, quotations. Therefore, "The Phantom of the Opera" should be underlined or italicized.

Other than that, great job capturing the mind of a phan.

FH
VampPhan chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
That was beautiful. Now I know how to describe just how deeply I love POTO, more than just how I'd enjoy, oh say, Jane Austen. It's almost scary how I think about it constantly, whether consciously or unconciously. I still can't describe why I love it other than just the fact nearly everyone can relate to Erik on some level, but just the love story in itself is so deep it rivals all other romances. And the end, though I wish it were different, was just the last reality check showing that life is full of heartbreak, and sometimes heartbreak can be fatal.
Lykegenia chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
You know, since this is and this isn't actually fan FICTION I feel obliged to point this out - however, this is just too good to shoot down. re very good at getting your point across, well done!
Margo chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Great review !

Yet what astonished me was your use of the term "bright sadness" - it's actually "harmolipi" in Easter Orthodox and you've every right to see this in POTO story, too !

It never have crossed my mind before !

Yet "bright sadness" has also the meaning of the bright joy that hids inside a small amount of inevitable sadness.
Vivaciti chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
I must say, I am astonished and very delighted to find an actual /essay/ on fanfction! I do believe you hit the nail right on the head, love. Very well said!

Jazz