Reviews for The Best Friend I Never Met
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Hey, it's beautiful and at some moments even a little scary. Left me warmed and a tad exited) Thanks!
sallyferrell chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This is really neat! Loved it; wish it was longer though.
ece23 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Very interesting story, and the ending was so touching! I really liked it
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 4/6/2008

I think the best hting I love about this, and there's a lot to love, is the Starsky PoV. "...I wouldn't hurl all over this guy[']s ex[-]wife's fancy car." He sounds perfect - trapped. Wry, bitter, with just the right casualness that convinces us he's dead serious about committing suicide. I love the way he meets Hutch - and oh, the 'tap her dash with my wallet' is a priceless, very masculine joke!

I also love that so much is implied and not said - I love things that leave some work for the reader's imagination. The nameless 'she' whom Starsky mourns... the job that might be police work but could just as easily be something else - the wonderful, wonderful line that sums up this AU Hutch so perfectly: "He looked like weekend on Wall Street, but worked his gum like a Minnesota farm boy." Instant classic.

You now what I'm dying to see now? this exact same story from Hutch's PoV. I usually think these matching pairs aren't so hot, but I"m dying to read how this other AU Hutch feels - you can tell he is having the same kind of experience.

Heart Of The Wizard chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Wow... that was really really good! Absolutely loved it!
ollie bear chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Oh Karen...this story is magnificent. It literally gave me chills. Simply beautiful.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Big hugs,

Starsky's Strut chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
This one got me all choked up... Brilliant 'what might have been story'!
Elivalero chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Awesome, wonderful story; like all yours are!
brook5 chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
that was great your stories
rsb57 chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
It's amazing that a friend can come along just when we need them. I truly believe that what you have written is a wonderful possibility of how they were supposed to meet.

It wasn't time until it was TIME!

Thanks for this beautiful story.

Jan in VA chapter 1 . 2/14/2008

You did a wonderful job with this challenge. Personally I didn't take up the challenge because I can't imagine this scenario at all.

We have many choices in our lives and we choose one path at each of life's intersections leaving the other one to nothingness...most of the time with no way available to return to that particular intersection to choose another path.

I did like what YOU decided to do with the challenge making it so through your writing that the path WAS one of the choices after all.

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA