Reviews for Red
Cinomarsh chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I love this! I don't know what else to say. Awesome.
Citiesofcolor chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Excellent drabble, very thought-provoking. The relationship between color and emotion is explored a lot in fanfiction, so it takes a good writer to make it seem fresh and interesting. You pulled it off and made it seem completely new. Great job :)

Sincerely,

Tawny
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I loved this!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Okay, I adore this. Everything about it is so poetic. I love how you've contrasted Benjamin's association of the colour red with live things with Sweeney's association of the colour with dead things. Words can't really describe how I love this insight into Benjamin and Sweeney as two entities side by side. The ending of course, gave me chills - it overshadows the ending of the movie so very well.
unamuerte chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
That certainly explains a lot about why he can't stand the sight of Mrs Lovett, and her hair. I just noticed you wrote this on Valentine's day very appropriate for Sweeney to be miserable. Beautiful fic, as always.
Roselize chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Two words:

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
CrypticCalico chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Wow. This is a very unique idea, I love the comparison of Benjamin Barker's idea of the color to Sweeney's. That last bit gave me chills, thinking of the end of the movie... :P Good chills, though!

Very deep stuff. Makes one think about things...

Nicely done :P

-C.C. :)
x Lost Hero x chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
whoa, i've read this before but i never reviewed. god, i love this fic! so dark and angsty. haha, nice job, Maar.
andaere chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Woah. This is really haunting. And very, very good.

"Red, the color of love, happiness and bliss. The color of life."

"Red, the color of blood, revenge and hate. The color of dead."

That is SO cool, how you contrasted Benjamin Barker's and Sweeney Todd's views on the color red.

Unique idea, too. )

As I said, this fic is really haunting, but what's even more haunting and ironic is the last line. Ooh, that gave me chills!

Great job!
Mrs.DeppQueenObsessorGoddess chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
As I've said before, I LOVE this fic, and I love how you use the colour red as a symbol of how dramatically Benjamin's (Or Sweeney's) life has changed in those 15 years. This was great!
the-original-hufflepuff chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Haunting! But very awesome :D. I loved it!
disguisedxlies chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Wow is all I have to say. Just wow.
just jacs chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
I liked that. I'd never really thought of it like that before very good
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Wow. Very nice. And somehow appropriate that it's Valentine's Day too. I like the imagery and the way you picked up on a bunch of little things. It really made this story great. Awesome job!