Reviews for Rusalka
Love Exists Where Unexpected chapter 1 . 10/18
That was intriguing and different. I liked it! :)
Starshinesoldier chapter 1 . 6/21
Oh god, I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN! GAH! I'm so depressed now! YUGI! YAMI! WHYYY! Still, such a great story, very kinda creepy yet fairytaleish... if that makes sense? :)
Akayuki Novak chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
...*mumbles* I read a story like this once. Except the water person was a girl, I think. Ended same way though. The girl never figured out that she had killed her love. Just thought he had fallen asleep and wouldn't wake up.
lilyflower666 chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Is Yami a siren that killed Yugi? Because legend has it if you're kissed by one, you can survive as they do underwater. Anyway, I liked the story, though kind of wish it was more than a one-shot. Oh, and I're isn't a word, just thought you should know. Midnight ;p
Guest chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is really cool, but totally twisted. COMPLETELY fucked up XD

I mean, for Gods' sakes, he drowns Yuugi so he will "never forget" him!? I am unsure whether I love this dark turn of events, or if it made me hate they story (sorry, just being honest).

But uh, at least it's pretty original xD
Asarath Metreon Sinthos chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
dude, i never pictured the other Yuugi as a man-eating mermaid! damn!
Unattainable Dreams chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Oh! I did not expect that. Wow... Really loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Love! Don't quite get it completely, but I have an understanding possibly. Poor Yugi. But in a way, they will still be together, just not in the way Yugi thought it would be. Very vlever and original though. Sad thing I found though was, while reading the end, all I could think of, 'What's Honda gonna say about his jacket? It's all ruined now!' Lol
DarkenedSeas chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
i don't get this story D: and i REALLY didn't get the end DDX did Yami kill Yugi then say he loved Yugi?or what?please explain!DX
Eternal Nightshade chapter 1 . 1/19/2012

Holy crap. I'll give you kudos for being creepy. Those last lines were clever. Dark, morbid, very disturbing, but clever. Please, when you kill a character, add character death to your summary warnings? I realize this does give readers a warning in advance, but it IS only fair.

It's hard to say whether I liked this or I didn't, because I -love- creepy stories, I just wasn't really prepared nor in the mood (because, initially, I did not know what a Rusalka was...) and I've read a lot of sad / creepy stories lately (a lot of writers neglect to add proper warnings, so I just walked into, like, three consecutive fanfictions where Yugi got raped and betrayed I kid you not,) so...

Plus, this seems kind of... I dunno. Yuugi works hard to fight his fear, offers to leave everything behind, goes to Yami out of compassion and love, they kiss, and Yami kills him?

If he wanted to be warm so badly, killing Yuugi was a dumb idea, corpses aren't exactly cozy snuggling buddies. If he wanted to remember Yuugi, having him around and -alive- would be better, rather than a rotting, water-logged, dead body as a memory.

Also, there are two inconsistencies I don't understand. One, Rusalkas are perfectly capable of leaving the water they haunt, and are even said to leave it for any nearby meadow or what have you so they can climb trees and comb their hair, or dance and sing to entice their prospective victims.

Not that I expected him to put on a show, but, why didn't Yami at least leave the water if he was so cold? Mind you, I know that the legend says, "if a Rusalka's hair dries out, it dies," but it -would- take a while, and anyway, their ability to conjure water with their combs prevents that.

Two, Rusalkas are always -female- creatures. Not male.

But if you're gonna portray Rusalkas like this, it's my opinion (or perhaps it's wishful thinking speaking) you could make this story just slightly creepier, yet more emotionally satisfying, if you added an epilogue... because Yugi now officially qualifies to become one of them himself.
Itanje chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Hi I was just wondering what was the moril of this story its not what I would call a Happy Valentine story so what was the point
EverDarkSilver chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Oh wow, the ending was deliciously horrifying. Very poignant, and very well written. And wow, the irony that Yuugi overcame his fear just to die. o_o
Wakingtoadream chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
0.0! Now THIS is my kinda fiction, cute and creeeepy :D your writing is amazing and the whole idea... Just wow :O this has to be one of the best fictions I have evvvver read ;D
The Awesome Sugar Sparkles chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Wow...i really wasn't expecting the ending. how could atemu do that? :(
Faeline chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
"Happy Valentine's Day"? More like happy Halloween! This is eerie! Do NOT read this at night! Gah!

Good story overall, though. Just creepy.