Reviews for 1919
Guest chapter 8 . 10/11/2012
NICE. I'm developing an interest in Mim and Jon stories. Too bad JAKT had to pull theirs.
Anthony1l chapter 8 . 10/9/2012
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Magic Flying Spud chapter 8 . 7/5/2012
That was great. I loved the way you portrayed these characters, even though they only had an episode, they felt perfect. Like this is how they'd act and talk. Congratulations. I wish people wrote about these two more often.
Midgarosormr chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Heartrending and well written. :)

What happened to Springtime in Paris? Is it still in planning? :)

Mike.
kp83 chapter 8 . 5/23/2009
I really, really, really liked this story. I could even say that I loved it! A true romance with bits of humor sprinkled in. It was kinda like an old war movie that Cary Grant would be in.

I did have one question about why Mim couldn’t have children. I was a little confused. Did the abortion physically affect her so she couldn’t have future children or was it a mental thing where she felt that she could not or should not have any more since she terminated her first pregnancy?

Anyways, GREAT job with this story! I’ll be on the look out for the second part. Take care!
Michael Howard chapter 8 . 1/10/2009
Unfair, sir! You call this story complete when it ends on a note like that?

Ah, well, when you're a Possible, or a Stoppable, the adventures never really end, do they?

This was a sweet and touching story, told in a most compelling and readable fashion, showing the ways Kim and Ron's lives might well have gone if born a century earlier.

"Springtime in Paris" cannot come too fast for me.

P. S. Are we to assume that our Ronster is descended from Aaron and Johnny? Or perhaps that will be addressed in a later installment of this series...
Shrike176 chapter 8 . 12/6/2008
Incredibly touching story, really beautiful from start to finish. I've read a lot of stories about people coming to America and starting a new life, it's nice to occasionally see Americans doing the same in another country. Also one of only two stories I've come across that really expands on the Mim and Jon story.

Given the lateness of the year, I'm guessing the sequel won't be here before the New Year. Can't wait to see a continuation to this whenever you do get a chance to write it. Great job!
Rye-bread chapter 7 . 8/25/2008
This isn't a review of chpt 7 per se. I was going to re-review chpt 8, but won't let us submit more than one review a chpt.

My question-or rumination. You dealt with the issue of Ron being Mim's grandson by having her become unable to bear children.

(K.P.: "Ron-just curious. What do you know about your grandparents?

Ron: "Oh, Pops married some American journalist in Paris-Miriam Press-or whatever. We never knew much about her. One of those American ex-patriots."

Kim: (archly) Uh, Ron-(groan)-you mean 'expatriates'-like Gertrude Stein-Hemingway?"

Ron: (sheepish grin) "Oh, yeah-what you said. Um, what prompts this question?"

Kim: (affecting nonchalance) "Oh, nothing. It was no big. Just curious. (sigh of relief "Thank goodness. What if Ron turned out to be-Aunt Mim's GRANDSON? Me-dating my COUSIN? EWW! SO THE INCEST! Well (sigh) false alarm.")

BUT

Looking ahead-who IS Ron's grandmother? I reread the story-no hint of a wife before Mim that I could find. Do I sense a tragic demise for Mim? Have I inadvertantly inveiled a SPOILER?

I also read the reviews. I dont think anyone else brought up this topic.

Care to divulge, MrDr?
Rye-bread chapter 8 . 8/19/2008
whoa

gripping ending

masterful stroke
Drakonis Aurous chapter 8 . 8/11/2008
A magnificent tale of John and Mim. Very well written and touching. You could see Kim in Mim and Ron in Jon - or is it the reverse? Too bad they waited all those years to finally find each other.

So the adventures continue with Ron giving up all he has in the states to live with a banished Mim. And it looks like you have another one to follow. Looking forward to that one!

- Drakonis Aurous
HecatonchiresLM chapter 8 . 7/2/2008
Very sweet.
JAKT chapter 8 . 5/11/2008
So soon it will be on to Springtime in Paris: A Mim and Jon Adventure –

Ah, April in Paris. Romance, action and adventure in the not so distance past. You are a romantic at heart MrDrP, though I don’t think you’d ever admit it to anyone except MrsDrP.

Dad and I read he entire story together last night as a whole and he asked me to do the final review so here goes…

First, 1919 is a delightfully charming, romantic, and poignant first-time story and GUARANTEED to charm old and new readers alike with perhaps the most delightful treatment to date of Mim and Jon. Comfortable with one another again after having to deal with the challenge of Mim’s past, the two are ready to start re-exploring the intimacy that seemed so hopelessly beyond their reach in the series. It's an emotional and physical voyage they launch into with a renewed sense of trust and love for one another.

Second, as Mim and Jon continue exploring their relationship they become aware of just how difficult loving each other can be and Mim and Jon start to experience some of the other emotions that sometimes come with a relationship.

Third, you have presented us here with another beautifully crafted storyline that combines suspense, action, drama, humor and very original concepts and situations to produce a story that is wholly believable and thoroughly entertaining.

Thank you for the read.

A final note…

I can tell from your writing and the story that you are a very personal person in your own life and that you guard your heart with well placed barriers that separate you from your own feelings and emotions and the stories characters. Not that that is a bad thing but I often feel you are holding back what you feel in your own heart. Thank goodness you have MrsDrP and BabyDrP to share those feelings with. It would be a tragedy if you didn’t.

kt
LTAOZFAN chapter 8 . 5/10/2008
Now we know the truth! This story has been putting in the foundation for a story of Jon and Mim in Paris, doing what a Possible / Stoppable team does best: Saving the World. This is a storyline that I will definitely keep tracking.

At the same time, I wonder how many historical people will Mim and Jon run in to in Paris in the 1919-1920 period? And maybe, they might briefly meet a young fellow named Henry Jones?

I like the fact that you have brought in another character from the TV episode that introduced Mim and Jon. What sort of devilishness will Fritz Demenz try to cause, I wonder? Don't leave us hanging, sir; keep writing!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
Molloy chapter 8 . 5/9/2008
"With never a word exchanged, they grew to be as one." - Samuel Beckett

What was really special about this closing chapter was how you used the device of the clock. Reading it through a second time, it really communicated Mim's aniticpation to the reader. However, reading it through the first time, I could only feel my own anticipation ... or, rather, my dread. The ticking of the clock heightened my own fears of a last minute tragic ending.

The language was ambiguous and worked well with this reader's preconceptions and then shattered them (if pleasantly so). Like art should.

The final section proves to be an effective teaser for what should prove to be a great series of stories. With Lord Fisk no longer an issue, Dementor is poised to take over the number two villain slot in the KPverse and we definitely need to hear his ancestor's back story.

It is really encouraging to know that Mim and Jon could live out a life similar to Kim and Ron's. Forgotten heroes, perhaps, but heroes none the less.

Very well done. Thanks for sharing their first story together!
bigherb81 chapter 8 . 5/9/2008
Nice job with this one puts a nice spin to the life of Mim and Jon. They never really talked about what happend just that Jon tried to clear her name and that Mim skipped town. Looking forward to the new story.