Reviews for Breadcrumbs
CornishGirl chapter 1 . 2/3
Very poignant! I feel so bad for the boys! But they do have one another.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/5
I like this - Dean's memories as breadcrumbs, leading Sammy back down to home, before the fire, and at the time of the fire. How hard it must've been for Dean to share that ...
Kenxi chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
I know this story was posted several years ago, but I just wanted to let you know how much I love this one! You have a very unique writing style; you can write something short and simple like this, yet make it not so simple. There are very subtle hidden meanings inside every on of your stories, and you do it so effortlessly! Thank you for sharing your gift with the rest of us. :D And I love in this particular story when Sam thinks, "He used to envy his brother his memories, wishing he could remember anything, anything from the six months of his life when he'd had a happy family. Now, Sam wasn't so sure he wasn't the lucky one." You are so talented, thanks! :D
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
It would take time, Sam figured. Because twenty-two years obviously hadn't been enough.

tracking something Sam suspected was a lost wildcat and Dean thought was a lost wendigo, - at least they both agreed it was lost, whatever it was. XD

This was really beautiful, the way Dean shared the new memories he had, leading up to ones even from that night. Because Sam couldn't remember anything. So he gave him what he could.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Loved the memories Dean shared with Sam of their mum and dad and when he was a baby. Could imagine them being triggered not only by revisiting their home but by things he saw when they were on the road too, even though he may have no instantly shared the memories with his brother. Had to smile at the fact that Sam's first Hallowe'en costume was a clown, something he is scared of and the plane clock used to be Dean's and that is his phobia!
ILETUDRIVE chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Alright this one really spoke to me. You get the need Sam has to know, know what it was before. His whole life has been training to get the thing that killed a mother he has no memory of. This one event shaped him forever and yet he has no independent knowledge of it or before. Everything always had a filter and was only through careful screening were little nuggets of memories dropped. It makes sense for Dean to drop the filter as his block on everything Mom was ripped open by seeing her again and he could finally let some memories out and not lose them forever.

Oh crap I know what I mean but I doubt I said it correctly. Great piece.

Stephanie
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This was beautiful. Heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time. I loved the comment about breastfeeding and about Sam being dressed up as a clown as a baby! Lovely fic:-)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
What a great story! Thanks again for sharing.

I especially liked what kind of memories you picked for Dean to share with Sam, nothing big, but

rather the everyday things every childhood memory is usually made of. This was their *normal* time,

and you let it shine through so well in Dean's memories.

And I LOVED how you led to the PERFECT end...

to Sam's full understanding of what Dean was really saying all the time, from:

"It took him a while longer to realize how much he still didn’t get it.

He wrote down every shared memory in his journal, but didn’t see the pattern until the end."

until:

"Dean’s trail, it hadn’t been leading away from home. It had led to it."

Thanks for another incredible read.

Take care, D.
Whilom chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
A great temptation in writing from a theme like this (with the memories) is to make each one significant and earth-shattering. And therefore less real. The things that we remember about our childhood aren't always the big things. It's stuff like, "Mom always liked walnuts in her cookies"-things that don't really matter, but that make up life. You did really well with that, with Dean's memories, making them a mix of things that are earth-shattering ("You were so heavy...") and trivial ("Dad used to barbeque a lot."). And I loved that Sam was a clown and got Dean's hand-me-downs like his airplane clock.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
This was so sweet and sentimental. I love the way Dean slowly reveals all these little things to his brother. It's just so...Dean. It really is. :)

Good job!
x0lovelyyyx0 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
"You know, when I didn’t know yet that planes were giant tin boxes of death" hah D that's totally something that Dean would say!

awh. ) this is so sweet & sad.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I love Dean sharing his little snatches of memories. It's hard to think that maybe Sam might have been the lucky one, tho. Amazing Dean remembered anything at all but the fire.

Good one.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Great job with this. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
zookitty chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Aw gosh, you kill me with these adorable stories. Every one I read is so much sweeter than the last
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 3/11/2008