Reviews for The Good Fight
Limplict chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Wow. I think I just found my favorite lance-centric story by far.

Great start to the trilogy, everyone's characterisations were interesting and I really like your portrayal of Lance :) the plot's amazing so far, it's actually got me very intrigued and wanting more which is always a good sign considering my bad habit of reading halfway and stopping from my short attention span and pickiness with stories.
Overall, brilliant work! Loving it so far, onto the next one :)
Grey Muji chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Well the boy was obviously Gold/Ethan/ whatever other names he has. In another note this is very good, highly detailed and especially deep. With Lance's thoughts, and actions-as well as how he attempts to reccouperate.
KS chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
OMG! So good! I love your use of language and the story line and how you describe the characters and ... everything!

So thrilling story!

Now I'm going to read the next part - Can't wait!
Eleris-chan chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
You really described everything clearly here. This is one of my most favorite fic! But, to get so depressed that hard only after seeing 3 children get killed...it's a bit...paranoid?

Don't mean to insult your fic or something, it's just my point of view.

This fic is the best fic I've read about Lance, really.
Kenji Sasaki chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Wow, I mean, just wow. This story was recommended to me by a friend (because I'm writing something with Lance going a bit nuts as well), so I was intending just to read it for a bit of comparison, you know? Anyway, it went above and beyond my expectations.

The first part of the story was great, especially Lance's emotional conflict regarding the children. (By the way, it's refreshing to see a portrayal of Team Rocket where the author is not afraid to make them a bit more serious and not try to settle everything with Pokemon battles.) I really felt for Lance then, and I find myself wondering what I would do in his position.

What really hit me, though, was Lance's agonising at the end. It was exceptionally well portrayed, and very realistic. I especially liked your use of dashes to show his broken thoughts, the snippets of TV programs and memories, all jumping around all over the place. I highly enjoyed this story, and I look forward to reading more of your work.

And please tell me you won that Serebii contest. :3

(Also, Clair. :3)
RW DemandinCompensation chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
This was so emotional and raw. I love how technical the plot seems at points, but transitions through clearly. I love how you have so much character involvement and how their personalities seem appropriate and accurate. I love how torn some of the decisions they have to make are, and how realistic the situation seems.

I love- this fic. Completely.
Sevrius chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
That was one of the most well-written, realistic Pokemon fics I've read in a long time. You captured each character's personality perfectly. As sinister as this may sound, I love the fact that the children actually died. I'm tired of the anime, and even the games, portraying Team Rocket as an organization filled with amateurs.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next part of the trilogy.
MalachiteFlames chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I enjoied this greatly. Nice writing! I can't weight to read the next story in this searies. The plot is very interesting.
incomplete13 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I loved it. Non-romance Lance fics are so rare, and this is excellent.
DevaGlenn chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I hardly review anything nowadays. But it's rare that I find a fic that I want to tell the author 100% that I adored everything about it. It was so believable, so wonderfully written... And SO Lance. I'm so glad someone with as much talent as you have has decided to write the character that I can confidently say is my favorite in all of the Pokemon world.

The story was very believable, very real, and is something I've actually read through several times as I left the window open while I lost the internet for a couple days. I'm sorry I couldn't get a review to you sooner as I would've loved to immediately let you know just how much I loved your writing.

I thought it was really awesome how you gave the children similar appearances to Ash's group. It really helped to drive the point across that Ash and the others shouldn't be able to get out of their encounters with Team Rocket as easily as they so. They're just children against a criminal group. That you had them killed is another dose of realism to the fic that I absolutely adore, even if I feel horrible for Lance having to witness it.

Rewinding a bit, I actually love the reason you gave for the mask Will wears. I'm unfamilliar with him, but when I found a picture of him to refresh my memory I decided that I rather like the idea of there being scars for him to cover up. And how you made him react to things going wrong by touching his scars made it seem even more real to me. I hope you find an idea for how he got the scars in the first place~ I love how you write Will and look forward to seeing more of him.

The scene with Lance in his room tugged at my heart. I felt bad for him, for what he'd seen and how he was taking it. But it's so real a scene, so human, I just love it very much. Especially with the way you wrote the events, the shattering of his reflection to show the shattering of the mirror, it was beautiful. And I couldn't help a small smile when Clair showed up and held him.

I apologize for how much I talked, but I very much love this story. I very much look forward to the next installment of the trilogy. I'd love the opportunity to talk more with you about Lance!
Spun chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Please accept my complete and unending worship of you.

This is really well-written and incredibly moving, and I can't wait to read the next part. I'll be eagerly waiting! :D
Aenlic chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I adore your Lance! He's exactly the way I'd always seen him - and you write him in such a wonderful way.

I agree with your points on the TR bit - that the children are the ones who always stop the evil villains even though they're kids. But maybe in the Pokemon world, kids grow up more mature than the children of our world? That could be why trainers leave home at 10 and learn to fend for themselves in the big, outside world... That, and TR doesn't seem to very capable, if the grunts in the game use such weak Pokemon.

Rant aside, I hope the next two parts come out soon! I'm certainly looking forward~
Baby Doll Gone Wrong chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Your writing is so extraordinary (to say the least)

I think you are the only writer on (Or across the 'net for that matter) who can portray Lance/Wateru so flawlessly.

Please, don't be discouraged by so few reviews (95% of readers are 12 year old yaoi fangirls, unfortunately)

Please keep writing and don't lose your spark!

~ Baby Doll Gone Wrong
innocent whistle chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
...Very depressing. xD Have a cookie! *jams one through the floppy drive* Very good! I really liked the emotion put into this, very believable. Very human. Which is always nice to see. :)

And just ignore Danny-boy down there. x3
asdagh chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Ok... here's the thing, i like pokemon, but alot of the stories arn'ta bout the main characters! Y DONT U DO THAT!