Reviews for Learning to Live Again
Becky chapter 9 . 6/20/2021
I know it's been ages, but if you ever finish this I will be SUPER happy. It's THE most realistic wrap-up to Kenshin & Kaoru's story ever, and I love it to death, lol.
Rhian07 chapter 9 . 1/10/2021
Im a big fan of Rouruni Kenshin (manga, anime and live action). Only recently I started looking for fanfictions an find some very amazing stories.
Yours are among the best and I love every one of them: In Search of Family, Descent into Madness, An Unexpected Lesson and at last Learning to Live Again
You have a wonderful way to describe characters and your writing style is great.
I understand that life is an ongoing challenge and this is "only" a story. But it is also the end of an incredible storyline which readers like me will discover and enjoy.
I hope you find the time and muse to end it, even if the last chapter was published over six years ago.
It is very sad there are great unfinishes stories because the author died (Against a Sea of Troubles, Kyuushutsu) and I hope you are doing well and only "life intruded".
I would be very happy if there will be an end to this story and I think Kenshin and Kaoru too! :)
My written englisch isnt the best but I hope its understandable.
Thank you again for your great stories!
Rhian
plywind chapter 9 . 4/7/2020
Came across your work very recently and really appreciate your depth of writing! I guess there is little chance that this would be updated, but still hoping for it!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/19/2018
Great story please update.
Stormravan chapter 9 . 2/10/2018
A good story. Hope you pick it up again sometime.
Hidari chapter 9 . 2/5/2018
Nooo! Cliffie! I want to see what happens! *throws tantrum* Ahh well. I hope you update eventually. Loving this. Obviously. Can't imagine why I don't remember reading it at before.
VengeanceMeow chapter 1 . 7/9/2017
Great story! I'm sorry that it isn't finished, but I have loved reading what you have written.
Yorushike chapter 9 . 8/18/2016
Hi,
wow :). I love it! Romance and action and politics, what else could a reader want? Well maybe except for an update :9, but I know how it is with writing. There is always one thing and then another... I hope Co-Conspirator is doing well, since she(?) is missing...
There is certainly a reason, why your RK stories have gained a legendary status and this story too proves that point once more. So congratulations for a wonderful, intriguing and exciting story. I hope to read more soon!
Greetings Yorushike
New RK Fan chapter 9 . 7/28/2016
I love your work in this. Poor Kenshin, trying to figure out how to 'settle down' and ending up with police, yakuza, military, AND Oniwabanshu all looking down at him with suspicion. (And some occasionally exhausting hero worship.)

I see your author's note in this last chapter says it took you 2 years to publish it. Does that I mean I should hold out hope or be happy with what I've read? :) Awesome plot either way, and thanks for the entertaining read.
KazeYasumi chapter 2 . 11/27/2015
I LOVED this chapter, BTW, esp. the whole thing with Kenshin and Yahiko at the end. You really cover some amazing, overlooked ground with this story and I REALLY hope you finish it!
KazeYasumi chapter 8 . 10/30/2015
Hello again! Hey, just wanted to mention that, aside from LOVING this story, I also think you've come up with the BEST suggestion so far for Kenshin to make a living...plus it ties in nicely with his personal ideals, etc. :]

Oh, and will Kenshin (after FINALLY collecting his train ticket, LOL) fall asleep in a back corner seat and snooze the whole way back to Tokyo? :D

Looking forward to the rest!
KazeYasumi chapter 9 . 10/29/2015
Um, please finish this? :] It's awesome!
Animercom chapter 9 . 6/11/2015
I'm so very happy, Conspirator, that this story is a story takes place after the series instead of during Kenshin's rurouni days or as Battosai. I really wanted to see your perspective on everyone at the dojo, especially Kaoru, and Kenshin's relationship with her. A story about how they get engaged? Even better! And it explains Kaoru's past, something that the manga never really did. I never thought about how odd it was that her father never arranged a marriage for her until reading your story. I love Yoshida so I was delighted to see him in the story. He's got such a big part, too! The cutest part of the story was in the last chapter with Kenshin thinking about how much he wanted to marry Kaoru and how happy he was in knowing he had a home. The scene with Kenshin grinning widely and telling Yoshida of his plans to marry Kaoru was a close second. Other RK fanfic writers usually have Kenshin doing odd jobs for the police as his "job" after the series, but your idea about Kenshin becoming a medicine seller again is a really good idea! And it sounds like he can make good money off of it too and be the provider of the family like Kenshin wants to be. :)

This is my favorite story of yours that you have written, so please continue the story until it ends. I know life can be busy so I understand, but I really want to read the ending and see Kenshin and Kaoru's reunion (and Kenshin's proposal to her). And how in the world does Kenshin face a 100 men attacking? Thank you for continuing to write this story even though you are busy. Thank you, thank you!
animaniacal chapter 9 . 4/5/2015
I love this story! You are such a talented writer.

I think I can understand a little of where your early reviewers were coming from, as the first few chapters are a little rough on those who might think Kenshin and Kaoru would have their act together after Jinchuu. But I love your realistic twists, with Kenshin looking for a job, and things really take off once you get Kenshin to Osaka (though it is so depressing to think of all those canals now, as you say they were mostly destroyed... sigh).

I love how you set up the coming fight so early on, remarking on the poor defenses of the police headquarters. I hope you find the time to continue, though I understand how life can get... Thanks for posting your amazing work.
Guest chapter 9 . 2/14/2015