Reviews for Learning to Live Again
animaniacal chapter 9 . 4/5
I love this story! You are such a talented writer.

I think I can understand a little of where your early reviewers were coming from, as the first few chapters are a little rough on those who might think Kenshin and Kaoru would have their act together after Jinchuu. But I love your realistic twists, with Kenshin looking for a job, and things really take off once you get Kenshin to Osaka (though it is so depressing to think of all those canals now, as you say they were mostly destroyed... sigh).

I love how you set up the coming fight so early on, remarking on the poor defenses of the police headquarters. I hope you find the time to continue, though I understand how life can get... Thanks for posting your amazing work.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited to see more of this :3
orchid14 chapter 9 . 2/14
Your story is one of the best RK fanfictions I've ever read, for sure. I admire you for the time, effort and obviously a lot of studies of cultural, historical and political aspects you've put in writing this gem. I love the psychological depth and wry humor existing in the story. Kenshin felt so... real that I have a feeling I could reach my hand and touch him (and he'd flinch, hahah). Everything else also felt so realistic *_* Such a good, good read. Please, please update very soon, okay? We're all waiting for you! Best wishes for your other endeavors in life (so that you can return to this ongoing fiction soon).
virginger chapter 9 . 12/4/2014
OIII! YOU NEED TO FINISH! PLEASE UPDATE THIS SOON! xD heheheh
skenshingumi chapter 9 . 11/5/2014
It's great to have you back and this was certainly an exciting twist of events. I really felt for Kenshin in the spy vs spy aspect. He seemed to be getting caught up no matter what he did. I also really enjoyed that twist where Kenshin is getting himself done up like a laborer. That reference back to the beginning certainly impressed me on the elegance of you plotting skills. My only complaint is ending on a bit of a cliff-hanger. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it won't be 2 more years to see how Kenshin handles 100 yakuza. I am looking forward to it.

Also, I loved Kenshin's internal exclamations (I want to marry, I have home!, etc). That was a cute touch and I can just picture that sense of awed wonder.
breizhbit chapter 9 . 11/5/2014
Yay! Another chapter! I am so glad you are updating this, at any speed. This is definitely one of those stories that I remember well enough to pretty much jump back into. I may have to glance at previous chapters but then I always enjoy learning what happens next. Again, great work, and I look forward to the next chapter.
Ai Mamoru chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
Thank you so much for presenting us with another chapter of this stunning work. I'm still totally over the moon with the authenticity of the story (of course I've got no idea, if it's really authentic, but it absolutely feels like this). It's all written so believable and in character. It's great, really great! Thank you!
TheWanderingPen chapter 9 . 10/5/2014
Yay! you're back! So happy to see you update this. You always work so hard to make everything as realistic and original as possible and I just love that.

Hmm, Act 34 in the original is "The State of Meiji Swordsmanship" and Act 135 is "Those Who Gather and Those Who Part" but I'm not sure if that's a commentary on how quickly the government has changed - in that Kenshin is considered "old-fashioned" for his traditional dress and sword - and Kenshin meeting with an old friend and parting again, and/or how people come together around him and then drift away. I'm probably way off base and I blame that on sleep deprivation after a long weekend of play. Because that's more convenient and flattering than saying that I really don't have a clue.

And both you and older woman missed the telephone poll (pole). Twice. ;)
KitsuneOnna84 chapter 9 . 10/4/2014
Oh, wow! You seriously made my day, here. I come home from work and check my email, and there's this notification sitting in my inbox! I love your RK fic so, so much. Thank you for the new chapter, and I look forward to the next!
Chades chapter 9 . 10/3/2014
..I won't lie, I'm actually quite blown away by the fact that there was an update. (Sorry, I didn't really count on it to be honest.) I just re-read most of the story because I couldn't fully remember what happened but I'm looking forward to see what's going to happen next.

Poor Kenshin, just once I'd wish for things to go smoothly so he could quietly return home. :D
kalmaegi chapter 9 . 10/3/2014
Poor Kenshin, his life is always fraught with adventures. He lives in interesting times. Chinese curse not withstanding. I love how Kenshin has such a hard time adjusting, that he can't even try to help Kaoru with honest to god work, so much things to worry about that his temper actually went loose after 10 years. And that, to the outside world, people who weren't the Kyoto Oniwabanshu and Kenshingumi, Kenshin's existence is baffling, His actions and personality contradicts his bloody reputation as Battousai. In short, it sucks to be him.

"he wanted to marry Kaoru!" lol, hold up there, lover boy. You haven't proposed yet.

A promise for an update? I'm holding onto you on that. *wink*

If you didn't actually uploaded a new chapter, I wouldn't have dared touch this fic. But yeah, don't worry so much, I'm patient enough to wait. Real life can be a bitch after all.
Althea M chapter 9 . 10/2/2014
You’re back! You’re back! I never doubted you would return, if you still had breath in you!
A good chapter and well worth the read. (Although, when I get the chance, I’m going to read the past chapters, for the full measure of pleasure.) I felt like the colonel when Kenshin was explaining things.
I love to read Kenshin’s transitions from ‘sessha’ to his more manly self. ;-D
I humbly await your next chapter. May life cut you some slack.

AM
Luna Hope chapter 9 . 10/1/2014
Yay! Exciting chapter - I can't wait to read more! Poor Kenshin - he's tired and just wants to go home to Kaoru. Hang in there, Kenshin! Beat those bad guys!
RosaLui chapter 9 . 10/1/2014
It's wonderful to see you writing this fic still. :D And this chapter was great as always.
fluttershey chapter 9 . 10/1/2014
Ohh you updated. This made my day!

As always, the action is gripping, and overall so very, very well-written.

I can't wait for the next installment. :)