Reviews for Bleeding Heart
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
All very good scenes. The first was so short and terse and brooked no argument and you can see exactly how the episode was set up. But I think it was the "I didn't know if you were still here" one that got to me the most. Sam hadn't even realized. He was so busy trying to find a way to save Dean that he didn't realize what it would look like that he wasn't in the empty chair when Dean woke up.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Loved all these small scenes from Faith, painting a bigger picture. And you summed Dean up perfectly with this - Dean just looked at him blankly. It wasn't an answer he could understand. His family, the innocents they fought for, everyone was crammed into his heart, leaving no room for himself - but a big part of Sam's heart is for Dean and, like you said, maybe that was Sam's job.
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Wow... I'm amazed at how you manage to cram so much emotion into so few words.

Especially loved this:

He paused in the middle of rolling up a t-shirt and met Dean’s gaze.

“I don’t know, man, maybe she’s more about giving than getting, too.”

Dean just looked at him blankly. It wasn’t an answer he could understand.

His family, the innocents they fought for, everyone was crammed into his

heart, leaving no room for himself.

Thanks, honestly.

Take care, D.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I like the emotion put into each of these small little shots that were compiled into one. They show so much more of what could be going on inside the characters' heads than a TV screen possibly can, and I think that they are exteremly accurate.

Good job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Tough time for my poor boy. All that guilt and feeling unworthy of life if he could give it to save another.

I also liked the little time jumps that hit the highlights of showing us stuff that we hadn't seen, but skipping what we had.
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
*hugs this* Everything I loved about the episode, in one handy-dandy little container!

"Dean just looked at him blankly. It wasn’t an answer he could understand. His family, the innocents they fought for, everyone was crammed into his heart, leaving no room for himself."

That's probably my favorite bit from anything I've read so far. It's a perfect summary of Dean. He's so helpless, somehow, in his selflessness. Vulnerable. You know, at first I put his self-sacrificial streak down to his frankly awful self-image. But in "Faith" and "What Is and What Should Never Be," you see it's not just that he believes he doesn't deserve it; it's honestly that his greatest happiness is to see other people happy.

It's funny how a guy who can't find it in himself to have any faith can just about be a walking miracle.
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I loved how Layla gave him absolution for being the one to be saved. That was an incredibly insightful and generous thing she did. He needed to hear what she said to him.

I liked the line about Sam helping Dean find a place in his heart for himself among all the others he holds there. It's very true stuff.

-Ellie